Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

AWE Tuning

Old 06-07-2021, 11:13 AM   #1
Magias77

Drives: 2019 RS Camaro
Question Trying to avoid rocks in Houston

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker and reader. I have a 2021 2SS I got back in December and I'm already on my 2nd windshield. I seem to keep getting nicked or cracked on Beltway 8 or I-10.

How do y'all deal with catching all these rocks? I got Xpel paint protection film and ceramic coating applied when i got the car but they don't put the film on the windshield. I thought about getting ExoShield on the windshield but that stuff is expensive and you have to replace it every couple years. I was on beltway 8 this morning going east just before i-45 and got another nick in the windshield. Its so frustrating since its $500 deductable to replace the windshield. Anyone have any suggestions? I try leaving a ton of room or even blockers between pickups and trucks to avoid the rocks. The hit I took this morning I was a good 100 ft behind the closest car that I could see. Really appreciate the help.
Magias77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:40 AM   #2
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Find a different insurance company offering a policy with a separate lower glass deductible. I have been meaning to do this myself after getting two windshield cracks near the edges this year and several small bullseye hits which thankfully have not turned into cracks.

Safelite or a local windshield/glass company may be able to drill (dremel) the crack and fill it to make it less noticeable and prevent it from getting worse depending on the situation, or there are diy kits.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote