Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 02-04-2019, 08:59 PM   #29
Desmondh80

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Vert
2017 and issue with back glass. Still fighting with gm.
Desmondh80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:47 AM   #30
john94si

Drives: 17 2ss vert
Man you guys dont drive your cars much. My 17 has 14k on it now and its not a daily. No top issues and i raise/lower it almost daily.
john94si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #31
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
My '17 has 35,900 now. Top works great.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:00 PM   #32
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
My 2016 has been in the shop for a week to get the top replaced due to back glass delamination with no return date in sight. Pictures in the GM database looked identical to what was going on with my back window. Nothing to 'fight about' as the problem was easy to diagnose by taking a picture of the problem and emailing it to my service rep.

Needless to say, the repair was supposed to take 2 days. Something must have gone wrong, requiring more parts to be shipped from Michigan. Time will tell.
vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:51 PM   #33
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
As the OP of this thread, I very much welcomed yesterday's two favorable posts. They sent the message I'd hoped to hear: that Gen6 top problems are the exception not the rule. But just when I was gonna flush my anti-paranoia pills, comes today's post of yet another back window liftoff compounded by lousy dealer service. Say it ain't so.
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:44 PM   #34
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Got mine end of May 2018.

Had it for a few days, and the top almost ripped up the interior panel.

See this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...72&postcount=1

Noticed the delamination, so the top was replaced. The dealership was unable to install the new top, so it got farmed out.

On the passenger side, the cloth is not tight, so I still need to get It back into a shop somewhere to have it fixed.

Plus, the creaking sound on one side that occurs.

Shopping for an extended warranty, but none of them cover the top.

Can't even imagine what a replacement out of pocket would be once out of warranty.

Love having a vert, but not sure I can hold onto it once the bumper to bumper is done (I still have over 2 years left).

Servicing in the Los Angeles / OC area has been horrible.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:12 AM   #35
Noreplacement

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS50 View Post
Got mine end of May 2018.

Had it for a few days, and the top almost ripped up the interior panel.

See this thread: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...72&postcount=1

Noticed the delamination, so the top was replaced. The dealership was unable to install the new top, so it got farmed out.

On the passenger side, the cloth is not tight, so I still need to get It back into a shop somewhere to have it fixed.

Plus, the creaking sound on one side that occurs.

Shopping for an extended warranty, but none of them cover the top.

Can't even imagine what a replacement out of pocket would be once out of warranty.

Love having a vert, but not sure I can hold onto it once the bumper to bumper is done (I still have over 2 years left).

Servicing in the Los Angeles / OC area has been horrible.
Purchased a 4 yr B2B extension to full manufacturers warranty through the dealer here in Canada. Expensive. Perhaps call a Cdn dealer , find name of insurer and see if they offer or know of something similar in SoCal. Its a thought anyway. Hope you find something.
Noreplacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:05 PM   #36
STATRA

Drives: '17 Camaro SS Convertible
I have a 17 2SS Convertible with less than 12K miles. I’ve had my top replaced 3 times. Twice for the glass adhesive failing. Once for fitment. I have an appt for the plastic covers on each side to be repaired next week. I love the car but seriously regret the convertible option.
STATRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 04:24 PM   #37
Weege

Drives: 2017 2SS convertible M6, NPP, MRC
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATRA View Post
I have a 17 2SS Convertible with less than 12K miles. I’ve had my top replaced 3 times. Twice for the glass adhesive failing. Once for fitment. I have an appt for the plastic covers on each side to be repaired next week. I love the car but seriously regret the convertible option.
Yikes!
No atmosphere.
Weege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #38
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by STATRA View Post
Do you keep the car outside or does it stay in sunlight for long durations parked? 3 replacements with that mileage is crazy. Mine has 16k and no problems.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:57 PM   #39
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
Have had mine since Labor Day 2016. Just under 19,500 miles. It's my daily driver. If it's dry out and above 50°F and below 100-102°F, then the top is down, so the top is down quite often. Only issue I've had is the driver side retractable panel doesn't fully close when the top is lowered. A quick tap, or sometimes a bump in the road, gets it to pop into place. If I manually pull it back and let it go, it snaps into place. Something about the slow movement while the top is being lowered causes it to hang up.
An update just over two years later and 17,000 more miles (36,645 total), I had both retractable panels replaced last year, just before my B2B warranty expired. I noticed the rear glass adhesive issue starting shortly after my B2B warranty expired. It's definitely gotten worse since then.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:43 PM   #40
SHRFT

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss 50 aniverssary vert
Smile Top is very reliable

I've had my 2017 2SS 50th since Jan 2017. Now have 83,000 kilometers. No top problems. I lube all the moving joints in the mechanisms every winter with a spray type bicycle chain lube. The trunk separate used to just fall down. I tied a thin elastic through the securing holes, now it's solid. I drop the top every nice day there is.
SHRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 11:55 AM   #41
Tejano

Drives: 2017 camaro ss convertible
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...3#post10507293

Ive had issues with the dealership and GM corporate office. Ive contacted them about the delamination and the rear sliders and quarter panels. GM has asked me to take the vehicle back to the dealership for a fourth time to have a service technician "diagnose" the issue again! Its been "diagnosed" three times before. Its been documented! I called the dealership and asked for a copy of the diagnosis and a copy of the quote I was given to replace the top. The service writer that has been been assigned to my vehicle since day one told me that he wasnt sure if he could get the documents due to the fact that they had just recently upgraded computer systems! Oh how convenient! He was going to do some digging and call me back the next day! Its been literally 4 months and I have yet to hear from him or anyone else at the dealership! I explained to the GM associate that I would not pay the service charge again to have the car diagnosed again! She said it was required to proceed to the next step of the process.
I understand there is a process and standard operating procedures for these types of things. But ive taken my vehicle in 3 times already for the same issue! How many diagnosis does it take to claim accountability and just fix the damn thing? Its a know issue and yet I am still given the run around. Beware of Lawrence Hall Chevrolet in Abilene, TX. This dealership is a joke!
Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:53 AM   #42
Mikey Likes

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert...2019 F-250
Convertable

Wanting to re energize this thread as Im about to buy a 2ss vert.
Hows everyone doing with their tops after a few years?
Mikey Likes is offline   Reply With Quote