Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #1
jcarl-beastn

Drives: 2016 2LT Camaro, Mosaic Black, NPP
Trifecta tune for V6

http://www.trifectaperformance.com/f...flash-tune-r60

Anyone getting this to their V6?
jcarl-beastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Like i mentioned in the tuning thread for the lgx. it seems like very little was left on the table by GM if all they got was basically single digit gains and it seems like a lot of money if I can't even customize the tune in any way.

The only way it would make any sense is if it also cleaned up the light throttle (dead zone / non-linear acceleration) issue. But it makes no mention of fixing that. And people complain about that issue far more with the V6 than having a way of turning off AFM - which isn't even a problem on the v6 like it is for some people on the v8.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:14 AM   #3
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Like i mentioned in the tuning thread for the lgx. it seems like very little was left on the table by GM if all they got was basically single digit gains and it seems like a lot of money if I can't even customize the tune in any way.

The only way it would make any sense is if it also cleaned up the light throttle (dead zone / non-linear acceleration) issue. But it makes no mention of fixing that. And people complain about that issue far more with the V6 than having a way of turning off AFM - which isn't even a problem on the v6 like it is for some people on the v8.
I'd say give it time.

Diablosport on the 5th gen said "very little was left on the table by gm" and a lot of other jazz when they didn't have any support for the lfx engine.

Then hp tuners came out and people were gaining 20-30 hp with basic boltons and a tune from Matt @ FSP. Various other tuners using hp tuners gained in the same range.

more than likely, this engine will be no different with plenty of gains to be had from tuning. And hopefully diablosport comes out with their tuning as the trinity and in tune are great interfaces to use and can be self done. And if the canned tunes aren't enough, you can get a CMR tune.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:41 AM   #4
brunzmaro11

Drives: (In Transit) 2016 Camaro 2SS
I used it on my gen 5 v6 and man it was a great tune. I had a cold air inductions air box, corsa cat-back exhaust and the Vitesse tc plus that tune and I felt like I was driving a different car.. I would recommended the tune to anyone
4/27/16 - 3000 5/27/16 - 4800
5/4/16 - 3300 5/28/16 - 5000
5/5/16 - 3400 TPW 5/16
brunzmaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
I'd say give it time.

Diablosport on the 5th gen said "very little was left on the table by gm" and a lot of other jazz when they didn't have any support for the lfx engine.

Then hp tuners came out and people were gaining 20-30 hp with basic boltons and a tune from Matt @ FSP. Various other tuners using hp tuners gained in the same range.

more than likely, this engine will be no different with plenty of gains to be had from tuning. And hopefully diablosport comes out with their tuning as the trinity and in tune are great interfaces to use and can be self done. And if the canned tunes aren't enough, you can get a CMR tune.

hp tuner support would be nice, i see they have support for the caddy 2016 v6 but nothing for the camaro yet.

Diablo (trinity or in-tune) doesn't support any V6 camaro for any year according to their application chart. So doubt i'll hold my breath there.

As far as the trifecta, i'm mostly just held up on the fact that they didn't address one of the most visible issues currently out there and that's light throttle behavior (first bit of peddle travel). WOT tuning is great and all, but the car didn't really suffer from wot issues so a tune isn't going to make a big diff there with this car, it's all that peddle travel between that i'd like to hear about. Guess someone will have to be the guinea pig.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:34 PM   #6
keysersoze

Drives: 16 Camaro
looks like nice gains for a NA engine. With a CAI with maybe an another 15+ hp this could hit 360 HP nicely. I will be buying this tune.
keysersoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:31 PM   #7
jcarl-beastn

Drives: 2016 2LT Camaro, Mosaic Black, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
looks like nice gains for a NA engine. With a CAI with maybe an another 15+ hp this could hit 360 HP nicely. I will be buying this tune.
let us know if trifecta tune will slightly fix the dead travel in throttle. You might want to add Vitesse TC with that.
jcarl-beastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:00 PM   #8
MovieGuy

Does this do anything to warranty?

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:09 PM   #9
cellsafemode

Not supposed to if you don't mind lying and flash it back to stock. It isn't supposed to increment any flash counters.

That being said, if you are really worried about warranties, maybe give the car a year or so to weed out any obvious manufacturing defects before doing a lot of modifications. Especially tuning, since it can be scapegoated for tons of issues related to the most expensive warranty items. Engine and trans
Old 05-01-2016, 01:26 AM   #10
keysersoze

Drives: 16 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarl-beastn View Post
let us know if trifecta tune will slightly fix the dead travel in throttle. You might want to add Vitesse TC with that.
I had a throttle controller on my old 2013 v6 camaro and it was a huge difference for the car. This car still has a huge dead spot but I'm hoping the tune gets rid of it so I can save 135 bucks and don't need another controller.
keysersoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:38 AM   #11
MovieGuy

Quote:
Not supposed to if you don't mind lying and flash it back to stock. It isn't supposed to increment any flash counters.

That being said, if you are really worried about warranties, maybe give the car a year or so to weed out any obvious manufacturing defects before doing a lot of modifications. Especially tuning, since it can be scapegoated for tons of issues related to the most expensive warranty items. Engine and trans
A very wise idea.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:05 AM   #12
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:

Based on all the discussions on flash counters on the Gen5 I'm not sure I believe that this tune won't increment the count. I have to agree with cellsafemode that I would give this some time to see what options you have in a few more months. There are a lot of players in this market and I wouldn't personally pick one until I had a chance to see what numbers the others post. I would also suggest you make any modifications you want (intake, exhaust, throttle body, etc.) before getting the tune so you maximize the benefits of the whole package with just a few flashes. I suggest you review the threads about the 5th Gen tuners (including Trifecta) on Camaro5 to narrow your focus to a few tuners that you are interested in and then try to do an apples-to-apples comparison before selecting a winner.

Good Luck!
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #13
bdar66

Drives: 2016 camaro lt2 rs
still cant believe that this car looses almost 100 hp through the drive train.. i mean could it be because this car doesnt have the lsd?
bdar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #14
cellsafemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdar66 View Post
still cant believe that this car looses almost 100 hp through the drive train.. i mean could it be because this car doesnt have the lsd?
lsd loses more hp unless without lsd your tires are breaking loose.

I'm not sure where you're seeing 100hp drive train loss being reported. I haven't seen a dyno where the speed limiter isn't reached before the full pull can be completed.