Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #1
aa21

Drives: 2022 Chevrolet Camaro
Anyone used windrestrictor deflector

I was wondering if anyone of you guys tried the deflector made for the Camaro by a company called windrestrictor? They make it out of acrylic I believe and you can have a design on it and have it illuminated. If you have tried one, how good is it when it comes to wind deflection? And is the OEM one better?
aa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #2
Ajs16400

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
Love my oem. Work great the others did not look to connect to the car with out additions then what factory had.
Ajs16400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:07 AM   #3
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
We have them on our cars and love the custom look...very cool. I will state that on both cars - the Passenger base seems to lift a bit due to rear wind pushing on it. Except for that - they are easy on/off in case you need to remove it for a rear seat passenger - however - that is extremely rare. The custom logo and light colors are very cool.

Install was easy - drilled a small hole in the recess for the OEM screen to pull the power wire thru - has a quick disconnect for power and just looks great. They put out a year end sale last year - we got our with the custom logo and lights for just over $400 each - shipping included...

Here is the pic - sorry it is a little blurry - but you get the point - I have orange - she has red...

Name:  Dual Camaro Wind Restrictors.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  68.5 KB
Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS

Last edited by mrgoodwrench; 12-04-2021 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Add Pic
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 02:15 PM   #4
workingstiff

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Convertible
Had ordered one for a Mustang (before I saw the light) convertible I had a few years back. Discovered that they attach to the front seat headrests so both seats need to be in the same position for it to anchor properly.

This didn't work for us as Ms. Workingstiff is about a foot shorter than I am and her seat needed to be so far back that she wasn't comfortable. Just something to keep in mind.

For the Camaro I went with the OEM version. Easy installation or removal with no drilling or rubbing on the interior and works like a charm even at highway speeds.

Last edited by workingstiff; 12-04-2021 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Paragraphs
workingstiff is offline   Reply With Quote