Old 02-09-2019, 06:46 PM   #2
sammyv

Drives: 2013 red Lingenfelter ZL1
Wish I had the cash.
sammyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Should have shown the Callaway window sticker. Like the blower cutout appearance. Rear and side emblems look out of place, sometimes less is more. Nice having the factory warranty but it’s gonna come at a steep price. I would want confirmation on who racked up the 56 miles already. Callaway or the transporter with a big smile on his face? Nice to see it’s available to someone.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:10 AM   #4
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
That’s gotta be large coin. You pay a large premium for the name too as we all know
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:14 AM   #5
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Nice having the factory warranty
I know this is probably not what you meant, but it's not a factory GM warranty. It's Callaway covering their own work with their own warranty that would otherwise be voided by GM due to Callaway's modifications. https://www.callawaycars.com/homepag...ay-c18-camaro/

Quote:
"Callaway offers the most comprehensive aftermarket warranty in the industry. Overlapping the factory GM warranty, Callaway covers all Callaway components and GM components that are affected by Callaway components. GM dealers do not block factory warranty on Callaway Corvettes; they perform maintenance and warranty repairs with support from Callaway Cars."

That's (part of) what you're paying for vs. DIY. The other part is making Callaway's wallet a bit bigger.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
wired1

Drives: 2014 Jeep SRT/2017 ZL1
Any idea on cost for the 100hrsp with that warranty
wired1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #7
Marty31

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Those huge Callaway callouts festooning the car look horrendous.
Marty31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #8
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
Any idea on cost for the 100hrsp with that warranty
About $20k.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:56 PM   #9
Doc_Scott

Drives: GMC Terrain
My question is how that 100hp translates to performance.
Doc_Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:19 PM   #10
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Scott View Post
My question is how that 100hp translates to performance.

more tire smoke.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:25 PM   #11
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
I have a Callaway ZL1 1LE with 2400 miles on it so far and about 400 of those are track miles. These cars are made to be tracked. i don't think the 56 miles that are on the car in question have hurt it in any way no matter how they were put on.

As for the warranty, yes Callaway pays for their components if there is an issue. You wouldn't expect GM to pay and stock parts that they don't use in their builds so the point regarding who pays for what is really mute. The important aspect is that the car is serviceable at any GM dealership. The customer is not involved and Callaway works with the dealership directly. Callaway sends the parts to the dealership (and a technician if necessary) and pays for the labor. GM does not block the remainder of the powertrain from warranty. It therefore is a factory warranty and I also was able to purchase and extended GM warranty. This basically works the same way that ROUSCH and SHELBY warranties work with FORD.

Yes it may seem expensive to some for a measly 100HP. To me it was important to have a uniquely modded car that could be driven daily and serviced at a GM dealership if need be. Others may think this is unimportant.

If you don't care for the Callaway badging, no problem. Callaway will gladly not put them on or you can easily take them off if you desire.

Give Chris a call at Callaway. He is a great guy and their facility is top notch. I have two cars done by them and will have others in the future.
Attached Images

Last edited by breakskeet; 02-13-2019 at 10:45 PM.
breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:44 PM   #12
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3JM View Post
Saw this on UTube figured I’d share.

https://youtu.be/y2uEEvvSwuc

I almost had them modify my ZL. Then I decided that I rather get a new Shelby GT350R as a second car. I’m very happy with my choice.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:17 AM   #13
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakskeet View Post
I have a Callaway ZL1 1LE with 2400 miles on it so far and about 400 of those are track miles. These cars are made to be tracked. i don't think the 56 miles that are on the car in question have hurt it in any way no matter how they were put on.

As for the warranty, yes Callaway pays for their components if there is an issue. You wouldn't expect GM to pay and stock parts that they don't use in their builds so the point regarding who pays for what is really mute. The important aspect is that the car is serviceable at any GM dealership. The customer is not involved and Callaway works with the dealership directly. Callaway sends the parts to the dealership (and a technician if necessary) and pays for the labor. GM does not block the remainder of the powertrain from warranty. It therefore is a factory warranty and I also was able to purchase and extended GM warranty. This basically works the same way that ROUSCH and SHELBY warranties work with FORD.

Yes it may seem expensive to some for a measly 100HP. To me it was important to have a uniquely modded car that could be driven daily and serviced at a GM dealership if need be. Others may think this is unimportant.

If you don't care for the Callaway badging, no problem. Callaway will gladly not put them on or you can easily take them off if you desire.

Give Chris a call at Callaway. He is a great guy and their facility is top notch. I have two cars done by them and will have others in the future.
I hope it didn’t come across the wrong way in my response but we both agree it’s an extremely rare car with work done by a top notch builder. Hence the price tag.
Callaway isn’t a fly by night company that’s for sure. And their work and service and obviously the warranty a customer pays a hefty premium for. And to myself it’s understandable.

Beautiful car you have there. The twin to yours I have on order except it’s not a Callaway. Still a killer ride. I can see you’re enjoying yours😂😂👍👍.
Nice Vette too. Have fun
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 01:13 PM   #14
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Breakskeet, if I mod my ZL1 1LE it will be with Callaway. As a CA resident it makes sense because its the only big name ZL1 package that's CA legal. And, IMO it's the only one with a warranty that's truly legit. Price is not cheap but very reasonable and they're close to me in So Cal.

I believe I see a Huracan hiding in the shadows of your garage, how does the Huracan compare to your ZL1 in terms of lap times at the tracks you frequent?
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote