Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-08-2021, 09:54 AM   #15
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
also, do your Camaro a favor and change the diff fluid! (Maybe read the owners manual too)
Doesn't matter what fluid you use because the Amsoil warranty is voided if you don't follow manufacturers recommended service
Old 04-08-2021, 12:13 PM   #16
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Well, it's in the shop. It's getting the left rear wheel bearing, trans/differential fluid replacement and a coolant system flush & fill. I was a bit concerned about my rear brakes, because when I had my new tires put on, the shop told me the pads were below 5 mm.

My shop says the brakes are fine. I was originally going to have them do the rear brakes, bearing and trans/diff service. That would have run me about $760. Since the brakes are OK, I told them to go ahead and do the coolant flush....I'll admit, they have been recommending it for a while...they aren't too thrilled with DEXCOOL, they've seen too many issues with it over the long term, I just haven't been able to squeeze the cash out of the wife.

So now, my total bill is now $730, which I didn't think was too bad for all that work.

Best of all, I dropped it off this morning and it is supposed to be done before the end of the day.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:30 AM   #17
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Update...Updated...

I got a call from the shop last night, seems the diff drain plug is rusted & rounded out and they need to order a new one - no big deal. The big deal is that while doing the coolant flush, they discovered the thermostat is frozen open. This would be no big thing, except that apparently GM buried the t-stat in the V6 making it a bitch to get to, so the bill for replacing it is $300 which brings my grand total to just over $1000,

Damn, $300 to replace a thermostat?
Old 04-09-2021, 05:09 AM   #18
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I don’t know the 6 engine but that’s a lot regardless. The v8’s are right up front and easy to get. Atleast the other stuff wasn’t too bad
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:14 AM   #19
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
Damn, $300 to replace a thermostat?
Yeah they made it a mess on the LFX. It's practically on the back of the engine against the firewall

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote