Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-18-2018, 04:16 PM   #981
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Yo shaffe…….
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Indeed!
Thanks guys, I try to be stand up and level headed. Blaq called me out on it and I was wrong. Carry on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Where can I find this mythical C&D test of the A10? Is it print/subscription-only right now?
ask and you shall receive

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...ng-impressions
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:50 AM   #982
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
It's good for the Ford team that they got the GT into the low 12s/high 11s...so it seems, lol!! It looks like all the changes they made has really paid off for them. It is still a driver's race. But I think the SS getting the A10 should put them just about dead even or propel the Camaro ahead. I wonder if the GT will get yet another bump for 2020. And for the record, I think it's about time that the Camaro starts getting periodic bumps to stay ahead. We shouldn't be going the entire Generation with the same HP/TQ. We should be getting bumps with the refreshes.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 08:11 AM   #983
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
I expect the Camaro to pull ahead with the A10 and then Ford will respond by bumping the GT with the Bullits hand me downs.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #984
ihc95

Drives: 2018 GT PP1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I expect the Camaro to pull ahead with the A10 and then Ford will respond by bumping the GT with the Bullits hand me downs.
I believe this as well. Next bump is going to be like the Bullitt, 480hp with the GT350 intake manifold.

Also, there have been rumors of an NA version of the 5.2 in the new GT500 to be the next GT engine. Probably 500+ hp
ihc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #985
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
I believe this as well. Next bump is going to be like the Bullitt, 480hp with the GT350 intake manifold.

Also, there have been rumors of an NA version of the 5.2 in the new GT500 to be the next GT engine. Probably 500+ hp
Isn’t that essentially the GT350 engine? Or are you suggesting it will be a cross-planed version? This would make sense, since the info I have seen is that the production line for the FPC is being shut down.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:48 AM   #986
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Isn’t that essentially the GT350 engine? Or are you suggesting it will be a cross-planed version? This would make sense, since the info I have seen is that the production line for the FPC is being shut down.
I believe the new GT500 engine will be a CPC not FPC.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #987
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
I believe the new GT500 engine will be a CPC not FPC.
Yes, the “800 hp” engine is gonna be a 5.2 SC CPC. But ihc95 said there might also be a 500+ NA 5.2L. So my question is, does he think they would continue the FPC or make a non-boosted, CPC 5.2L.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:48 PM   #988
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yes, the “800 hp” engine is gonna be a 5.2 SC CPC. But ihc95 said there might also be a 500+ NA 5.2L. So my question is, does he think they would continue the FPC or make a non-boosted, CPC 5.2L.
Probably CPC in both. That FPC engine is over $20K. That alone would put the GT in the $60K price range, lol!! So it'll probably have to remain CPC for both.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #989
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Yes, I think CPC. The Bullitt is putting out 475HP now with 5.0L, and if you take the 5.0 up to 5.2 that brings you to about 495 already. You can wind it a little higher to get the rest, and not have to go too high to require FPC.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:05 AM   #990
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Yes, I think CPC. The Bullitt is putting out 475HP now with 5.0L, and if you take the 5.0 up to 5.2 that brings you to about 495 already. You can wind it a little higher to get the rest, and not have to go too high to require FPC.
The Bullitt has 480-hp presently, expect this to be the engine for the GT in 2020. Chevy we have no information that I have heard. The problem for both the Camaro and Mustang is Dodge will introduce a 426 Hemi, that should be atleast 520hp and be a torque monster given the 392 is presently 485. Exciting times for sure.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #991
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
The Bullitt has 480-hp presently, expect this to be the engine for the GT in 2020. Chevy we have no information that I have heard. The problem for both the Camaro and Mustang is Dodge will introduce a 426 Hemi, that should be atleast 520hp and be a torque monster given the 392 is presently 485. Exciting times for sure.
Chevy can always bring back the 427. Wouldn't take much for Ford to offer a NA version of the 500 motor either. Is Dodge actually bring the 426 to a lighter and smaller platform is what I want to know.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:09 PM   #992
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Chevy has shown that they can make a car that can beat the GT and Challenger in a straight line as well as handling soo well that neither car can keep up on a track. All the while being priced very competitively and reasonably for what you get out of it in comparison. And having comparable options. I think Ford and FCA both need to catch up at this point. We'll see what the PP2 has to offer. The Chally would need an overhaul. And we'll see how much improvement the SS gets with the A10 being added in. But right now the Camaro is the only one of the three that offers everything in one package that doesn't have to have this or that optioned in.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:59 AM   #993
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
It's good for the Ford team that they got the GT into the low 12s/high 11s...so it seems, lol!! It looks like all the changes they made has really paid off for them. It is still a driver's race. But I think the SS getting the A10 should put them just about dead even or propel the Camaro ahead. I wonder if the GT will get yet another bump for 2020. And for the record, I think it's about time that the Camaro starts getting periodic bumps to stay ahead. We shouldn't be going the entire Generation with the same HP/TQ. We should be getting bumps with the refreshes.
Yeah I think with what we have seen the auto cars should be drivers race. 6M cars I give the edge to Camaro drivers being equal.

I agree that the Camaro should get slight bumps in power to stay in line with the competition. As I mentioned in another thread, since the 5.0 has come out in 11, it has been 412HP, 420HP, 435HP, and now 460HP.

The Camaro has only had power updated once, and that was changing from LS3 to LT1. In the end it probably doesn't matter but it would be nice IMO to see Chevy/GM not stand pat with what they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I think the A10 will help the Camaro get back ahead, but I don't expect it to help as much as it did in the case of the Mustang.

Quote:
This ^ once the Bullit run is over I expect that to become the base GT engine. Maybe won't be the full 480 maybe 475 but I expect it to become the base GT engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Chevy has shown that they can make a car that can beat the GT and Challenger in a straight line as well as handling soo well that neither car can keep up on a track. All the while being priced very competitively and reasonably for what you get out of it in comparison. And having comparable options. I think Ford and FCA both need to catch up at this point. We'll see what the PP2 has to offer. The Chally would need an overhaul. And we'll see how much improvement the SS gets with the A10 being added in. But right now the Camaro is the only one of the three that offers everything in one package that doesn't have to have this or that optioned in.
I don't think the Challenger is going to try and challenge in the twistys so they will stay with the street presence/ straight line performance. Once/If the Challenger ever moves to a new platform, then maybe.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #994
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
the 2018 Camaro looked much more aggressive, in my eyes.
A little off topic, but.......I know beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I can't for the life of me understand the comments by reviewers that state the Gen6 looks "cartoonish" or "transformer like". The SS, especially the 1LE, is just so aggressive looking and screams high performance. Just my $.02.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote