Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #281
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Ford already has plans for a Mach1
I blame the market for this. Pushing the CUV market to the forefront. I can't really blame them for building the proposed vehicle. Tesla has proven that a "performance" BEV can be done. With those in charge of Mach1 being called "Team Edison" seems reasonable to believe that this "Mustang inspired" BEV will be targeting offerings from Tesla.

As for the use of the Mach1 nameplate on this type of vehicle? I'm up in the air on this one. One thing that can,be said though is that a little shock value goes along way to generating buzz. And for all we know it's just a Project Code name.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:19 AM   #282
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100067

yet these fools still buy the pos.
looking like the refresh is going the same was as the 2015 to 2017..a total lemon.
give it a year and the problems will run into 1000's lol
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #283
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Wasn’t the new GT A10 supposed to be “hurting a lot of feelings” by now? High 11s being the norm?

I don’t see much of anything reported on the other sides fast list. Regardless of the inattentiveness in maintaining the list, shouldn't there be pages of runs waiting to be logged?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:28 AM   #284
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100067

yet these fools still buy the pos.
looking like the refresh is going the same was as the 2015 to 2017..a total lemon.
give it a year and the problems will run into 1000's lol
How they can have the same issues after 4 model years is baffling.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:38 AM   #285
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Wasn’t the new GT A10 supposed to be “hurting a lot of feelings” by now? High 11s being the norm?

I don’t see much of anything reported on the other sides fast list. Regardless of the inattentiveness in maintaining the list, shouldn't there be pages of runs waiting to be logged?
Couple guys on m6g made some passes in theirs 12.1-12.6@115-118 was the spread. 12.2@116 on DR in 800 DA was the last I seen.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:39 AM   #286
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post

It actually did hurt a lot of feelings. The Mustang guys who had their hopes up about how fast it would be got their feelings hurt when it ran mid 12s, lol!! And then they got their feelings hurt again when the SS 1LE destroyed the GTPP on the track. So it really has been hurting feelings since it came out.

Side note, I saw one in California a little over a week ago. I'm not impressed by the looks. It is ok but not anything spectacular. It does sound pretty amazing tho, I'll give it that. It sounds better than the Camaro although not by light years. Just slightly better. Although I'm not sure how much drone it'll have with an exhaust. My 15 had the most horrible drone I ever experienced after I did an exhaust. I can't see the car being worth over $50K considering it's lack of performance and the pretty dull looks. Mid $40Ks for a fully dressed GT at best is what I'd expect to pay IF that much. If anything they'll tank in value by the end of this year.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:02 AM   #287
sgo1960

Drives: Soon to be Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

snip--Track stuff.

Side note, I saw one in California a little over a week ago. I'm not impressed by the looks. It is ok but not anything spectacular. It does sound pretty amazing tho, I'll give it that. It sounds better than the Camaro although not by light years. Just slightly better. Although I'm not sure how much drone it'll have with an exhaust. My 15 had the most horrible drone I ever experienced after I did an exhaust. I can't see the car being worth over $50K considering it's lack of performance and the pretty dull looks. Mid $40Ks for a fully dressed GT at best is what I'd expect to pay IF that much. If anything they'll tank in value by the end of this year.
I agree with you. Looks are ok but nothing spectacular. What shocked me was the price. I played around with the online build calculators and it didn't take much to put the car over $50k. I'm like you, mid 40's is where a premium , non- track spec car should sit. When I bought my 03 GT I put a set of Flowmasters on it. They lasted about a week before I swapped them out for a set of Magnaflows. The drone was ear splitting at 2k RPM. Also like others have said, it seems that Ford doesn't fix systemic problems like drive shaft vibration, rusting shock towers / frame rails etc. Whenever I Google problems I get on my 03 GT I find a bazillion hits, which is good in terms of getting advice, but bad when I find out the same hits go back 1 or 2 generations earlier and continue, sometimes to the current generation. That's not good. All cars have problems but it behooves the manufacturer to change the design to solve the problem. I'm still considering the Mustang but leaning toward the Camaro SS at this point.
sgo1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #288
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
The new Bullitt should have been in “need for green” with an alcantara shifter knob and carbon fiber wheels... this ain’t the 70’s

Dafuq.
Just no.

need for green should be called John Deere green because that's what it looks like. Hideous color, almost as bad as Gotta Have it Green IMO lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:56 AM   #289
Steph93lx

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Couple guys on m6g made some passes in theirs 12.1-12.6@115-118 was the spread. 12.2@116 on DR in 800 DA was the last I seen.
You wanted some news! Here some!. There not from my my car that is still hibernate for a couple weeks but it's my friend with the same options 2018 GT base 3.15 gear 301A package with drag mode. Since I have the same car and 90lbs more I don't think I will best that with the same mods unless I removed seats lol.

Remember when I was saying that the 4.09 gear was not necessary neither suspension stuff at that level of performance!!! No different than the 2011-2017. What it need is a torque converter but even without it it will be well into 10's full weight pump gaz obviously great air and great tune!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...=1#post2200124

My own custom tune using Hp tuner, CAI, ARH 1" 7/8 LT headers and 3" off road x pipe connected to stock 2.5" axleback and active muffler, Etx18 battery. 3725 lbs raceweight

SOLD!!!! 2015 300A GT M6. Best with stock intake manifold N/A bolt-ons 11.074@123.64 mph* 1.525 60Ft,* -1056 DA . BEST MPH* 124.39 mph
Steph93lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:22 AM   #290
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph93lx View Post
You wanted some news! Here some!. There not from my my car that is still hibernate for a couple weeks but it's my friend with the same options 2018 GT base 3.15 gear 301A package with drag mode. Since I have the same car and 90lbs more I don't think I will best that with the same mods unless I removed seats lol.

Remember when I was saying that the 4.09 gear was not necessary neither suspension stuff at that level of performance!!! No different than the 2011-2017. What it need is a torque converter but even without it it will be well into 10's full weight pump gaz obviously great air and great tune!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/sho...=1#post2200124
What's the news here exactly?
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #291
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
What's the news here exactly?
A full weight 18 GT A10 went 10.99 w/ the following mods*

Custom tune(expert tuning in Napierville) on 94 octane pump gaz
Cold air intake
Dragpack dragradial/skinnies
1" lowering spring

and good air.

* Those are the mods that were posted, so if that is all it had IMO that is impressive
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #292
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
I’m interested to see how the a10 cars respond to a converter. Won’t be long before folks start hitting 130 n/a which is just nuts.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #293
ULTRAZLS1

So he gained 50-60 hp and over a half second with a 94 tune?

No cat delete new intake manifold or porting ?

It’s just got cai and 94 tune?

Lol sure. Shop cars with far more mods are in the same range. That or that track is downhill with a 50 mph tailwind.

Btw you can’t say 100% stock suspension if it has springs

That or other mods are doing next to nothing for the car. Which is also possible. The SS doesn’t gain as much from mods as it used to. It has also been 10s with stock exhaust. But had intake porting
Old 04-03-2018, 10:36 AM   #294
ULTRAZLS1

But hey if true that’s impressive. It has an edge on the SS. As it should. Be kind of sad if ford couldn’t continue the back and forth. Would give GM no reason to push the Camaro
I’ll be looking for some at the track this year. I’m trying to go 10.7 after more tuning, an UD pulley and hopefully lower da. Just worried that track will close if too cold or it may rain.