Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-12-2018, 11:09 PM   #1079
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Well, I see everything has calmed down...

In my time as a MOD I really can't remember this much negativity for a reveal or refresh and I've been here for them all.

Memories of the 5th Gen reveal.

When I saw the 5th Gen Concept I was floored, I knew I would own one.
When I saw the Production 5th Gen in Indy in 08 it was Silver Ice Metallic with the Inferno Orange Interior. I new that was my car. That exact color combo sits in my garage.

5th Gen refresh the only thing I really did not care for was the added chrome piece around the headlights. Whose idea was that anyway - "off with their head"

Now the Z28, again I was floored - Man that thing looked like it was going to punch you in the mouth and take your lunch money...

Memories of the 6th Gen reveal.

I was lucky enough to be invited to the release in Detroit. When the cars pulled out I was impressed, they looked great and the performance was top notch.

Then the 1LE, ZL1 and ZL1 1LE were released. Yep, floored again. Killer looks and above and beyond performance to boot! If I could afford it, I would have a Hyper Blue Metallic 1LE sleeping in the stall next to my 5th Gen.

As for the 6th Gen refresh...

I can honestly say I really like the I4 Turbo 1LE ,it looks great if that was a Camaro I was in the market for I'd gladly put my hard earned money down.

I'm still trying to take in the convertible.

The SS, I like everything but the front fascia I'm just, well, I just don't think... wait what is going on there and... it... ummmmm... give it more time it will grow on me right... ummmmmmm having a really hard time finding anything positive about that front fascia. I know I know, give it time... What...

The photo shops with the front blacked out fascia painted to match the body completely change the look and in my opinion, take the SS refresh to the level it should be, the next step in the Camaro's evolution.

One thing to remember is that we are all "Passionate Camaro Enthusiasts" and we all have our opinions. Let's make sure we are being respectful to all when posting.

What a great post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I think the fangs are a main culprit and the rest just flows from there. Black belt, body color belt, flowtie position etc are minor details when compared to the fangs as there is no other car i am aware of that has anything close to this type of styling theme for a sports car. And the reason a body colored belt may look better to many is that it actually down plays the fangs. While black privides more accent to them (except on a black car of course).

Some said there is something missing in the blue renders and i agree: change is missing. It looks like a refersh of the present design (which hasnt sold well from a get go) vs a design which would differentiate the look and "feel" of the refresh and hopefully score more sales. Folks like it (and so do i) as it looks and feels familiar and safe. Not because it differentiates from what we have today.

GM is well aware of pushing the envelope and they did it on purpose since they wanted a polarizing design for the SS. Why i am not sure but apparently it was a design target.

This thread is proof theyve accomplished it. The only problem is that they may have over achieved. But only the market will answer this question reliably. Or maybe not because sales numbers dont break down into sub models.

Ps to the rendering artist: if it is possible pls insert a black belt with a flowtie on it. I would really like to see what it would look like with fingers vs fangs. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by TrackClub; 04-12-2018 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Added last 2 sentences
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 05:14 AM   #1080
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Does the ZL1 have that now with the A10 or is it something new? A different sort of Launch Control?
SS is now getting what only the ZL1 had. Same stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I think the Steel Gray is the same color used on the Colorado , i seen one yesterday and it would look great on the Camaro if so . To me it looks like a dark Silver but what do i know . The ZL1 and 1Le will look really nice in that color no matter where the flowtie goes.
Exactly... flowtie won't change on the ZL1. Too many coolers and ducts and air flow characteristics to change the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
For everyone wondering about the new silver color ....SATIN STEEL GRAY METALLIC

Here is the same color on the 2018 Colorado.

It is real sharp in person, not a charcoal, but not a silver either.......nice smoky grey.
Hmmmm now I have something to think about on this one. I was pretty set on it until now. Still think with the CF and black it will be a good choice for ZL1 1LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Now that's funny!
Glad you remembered your password to the forum... first post on Camaro6... Welcome.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:33 AM   #1081
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Glad you remembered your password to the forum... first post on Camaro6... Welcome.
You're killing me...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:47 AM   #1082
Rwarchol

Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Do they really think offering it only 7 colors is going to help? 4 of which are black or red?
Rwarchol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:00 AM   #1083
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarchol View Post
Do they really think offering it only 7 colors is going to help? 4 of which are black or red?
7 colors sounds like quite a few to me. And they’ve always had the two shades of red. Although they seem like they’re less popular colors than they used to be. I never see them anymore. :(

But I don’t disagree with you. It’d be nice if they had a full color scope to chose from (red/blue/green/yellow/orange) but unfortunately since they share the same bays as the caddys there’s a limitation.

Look on the bright side...

At least they don’t do colors for sports cars the same way they do them for luxury cars. 15 colors and all of them except one are a different style/shade of black, grey, or white with either one blue or one red color.

Could always be worse.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:00 AM   #1084
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
I’m sure they’ll add more colors. I’m thinking a yellow and perhaps an orange
coruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:08 AM   #1085
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I really want to see an actual real life picture of the SS 1LE

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:17 AM   #1086
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
What a great post! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I think the fangs are a main culprit and the rest just flows from there. Black belt, body color belt, flowtie position etc are minor details when compared to the fangs as there is no other car i am aware of that has anything close to this type of styling theme for a sports car. And the reason a body colored belt may look better to many is that it actually down plays the fangs. While black privides more accent to them (except on a black car of course).

Some said there is something missing in the blue renders and i agree: change is missing. It looks like a refersh of the present design (which hasnt sold well from a get go) vs a design which would differentiate the look and "feel" of the refresh and hopefully score more sales. Folks like it (and so do i) as it looks and feels familiar and safe. Not because it differentiates from what we have today.

GM is well aware of pushing the envelope and they did it on purpose since they wanted a polarizing design for the SS. Why i am not sure but apparently it was a design target.

This thread is proof theyve accomplished it. The only problem is that they may have over achieved. But only the market will answer this question reliably. Or maybe not because sales numbers dont break down into sub models.

Ps to the rendering artist: if it is possible pls insert a black belt with a flowtie on it. I would really like to see what it would look like with fingers vs fangs. Thanks in advance!
One of the best paragraphs in this entire thread.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:51 AM   #1087
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
I really want to see an actual real life picture of the SS 1LE
This x100000!!!
Old 04-13-2018, 07:54 AM   #1088
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You really think that's the mentality he has. If you were literally attacked like he has been you might use a harsh word like hater too.
If that's not the mentality he has then he doesn't need to say that shit publicly.

Don't come out and label everyone that doesn't like it as a hater. If he can't take criticism without getting butthurt then he has the wrong job.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #1089
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:

That is a valid complaint about GM across the board. The color choices are rather limited in comparison to the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
If that's not the mentality he has then he doesn't need to say that shit publicly.

Don't come out and label everyone that doesn't like it as a hater. If he can't take criticism without getting butthurt then he has the wrong job.
It is just a bad deal all around. People attacked him personally & only seeing a small part of conversations changes the meaning a bit. Not defending either side, but probably a good case as to why people like Al are typically not accessible to the public.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:35 AM   #1090
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
That is odd, Mustang has 11 different colors. 4 of which are blue or red lol.

Hopefully they add more colors
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #1091
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
[QUOTE=Memphis43;10145872]

Now THAT is a good lookin car! I'd buy this one, well done!
Ordered: 6/15/23 Accepted: 7/5/23
3000 - 7/5 ---> 3100 - 7/19
3300 - 7/20 --> 3400 - 7/20 -->TPW - 8/7
4300 - 8/14 --->4B00 - 9/5
DELIVERED 9/20!!
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:32 AM   #1092
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post

Ooooo such a harsh word. Talk about butthurt.

Pulling stuff out of his personal FB page totally out of context and trying to make something out of one word is complete bullshit. He's taking the criticism just fine, but the personal attacks, name calling and labeling the team as complete idiots is hating and not criticism. Thay should put it in context for you. Simple as that.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!