Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 08:21 AM   #57
Choda
 
Drives: Turbo 6.2
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post
I ordered a stone guard -
...soon mine will look like this...
Becky
link please?
__________________
2016 Turbo Camaro - 730hp/780tq
2018 LTZ Z71 Redline Silverado - 381hp/420tq
Choda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #58
GearheadSS
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 SS 1LE/69 Chevelle
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greenville/Forney, Tx
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Drive it on. Seems a lot safer to me. Unless the car dies. Then you get 10 guys and push it up. Been there !
I use a winch 100% of the time. If the ramps or tires are wet, there's a chance the car will slip off of them. Did that once and now I'd rather play it safe and use the winch.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:17 AM   #59
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choda View Post
link please?
https://www.hillsboroindustries.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I use a winch 100% of the time. If the ramps or tires are wet, there's a chance the car will slip off of them. Did that once and now I'd rather play it safe and use the winch.
Yeah, I'm working on the winch part now.

Change in plans... I found a trailer in Dallas now so headed up there on Monday or Tuesday.
Going with a tilt instead of dovetail with this one. It was a toss up for me and Dallas is way closer than a drive to Bowling Green.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:01 AM   #60
JonDaddy82
 
JonDaddy82's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Nolensville, TN
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
https://www.hillsboroindustries.com/

Yeah, I'm working on the winch part now.

Change in plans... I found a trailer in Dallas now so headed up there on Monday or Tuesday.
Going with a tilt instead of dovetail with this one. It was a toss up for me and Dallas is way closer than a drive to Bowling Green.
Which one are you going with?
__________________
1989 Forumla 350 WS6 <- High School
2000 Trans Am Firehawk <- After High School
2017 Colorado Z71 <- Daily
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #61
GearheadSS
 
GearheadSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 15 SS 1LE/69 Chevelle
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Greenville/Forney, Tx
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
https://www.hillsboroindustries.com/

Yeah, I'm working on the winch part now.

Change in plans... I found a trailer in Dallas now so headed up there on Monday or Tuesday.
Going with a tilt instead of dovetail with this one. It was a toss up for me and Dallas is way closer than a drive to Bowling Green.
Nice! What brand did you go with? Let us know how you like it. I've never used a tilt trailer but I like the idea. I also like those that will lower to the ground. I think they're made in Australia.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:29 AM   #62
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDaddy82 View Post
Which one are you going with?
Exactly the same as the Aluma I was previously getting except this is the tilt version.

They dealt with me on it so I wouldn't have to drive to BG. Also wanted a dealer that was closer too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Nice! What brand did you go with? Let us know how you like it. I've never used a tilt trailer but I like the idea. I also like those that will lower to the ground. I think they're made in Australia.
I rented the same trailer from a friend for CFest so actually got to try it out before buying. I was pretty much sold at that point. Just needed to find it.

Name:  aluma tilt.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  31.3 KB

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  67.8 KB
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #63
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: To many to list
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 15,555
Well you guys make a lot of $, me I make my own, had an older boat trailer with no boat on it, (long story) so we have made it in to a car trailer, adding the D-rings and E-track this week and then to wire it up (good at wiring things up) going to try it out next weekend going road racing.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #64
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Well you guys make a lot of $, me I make my own, had an older boat trailer with no boat on it, (long story) so we have made it in to a car trailer, adding the D-rings and E-track this week and then to wire it up (good at wiring things up) going to try it out next weekend going road racing.
Ha Ha... that's what we like about you... see you at CamaroCon...
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #65
CAMARO_HEAVEN
Big John
 
CAMARO_HEAVEN's Avatar
 
Drives: Me 2014 Z/28 Wife 2013 Camaro 2SSRS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Exactly the same as the Aluma I was previously getting except this is the tilt version.

They dealt with me on it so I wouldn't have to drive to BG. Also wanted a dealer that was closer too.



I rented the same trailer from a friend for CFest so actually got to try it out before buying. I was pretty much sold at that point. Just needed to find it.

Attachment 1003465

Attachment 1003466
Great choice!
Did you go with the power tilt it is a great option.
For winch I have the warn vr8 has pulled a 79 Z28, 85 Iroc Z, 96 SS, and a 13 SS with no problem.
Glad you found one closer.
No more bogarting the ls fest thread lol
John
Attached Images
 
CAMARO_HEAVEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #66
BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy




 
BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy's Avatar
 
Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Detroit, Mich
Posts: 61,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Well you guys make a lot of $, me I make my own, had an older boat trailer with no boat on it, (long story) so we have made it in to a car trailer, adding the D-rings and E-track this week and then to wire it up (good at wiring things up) going to try it out next weekend going road racing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Ha Ha... that's what we like....LOVE about you ... see you at CamaroCon...


I made an edit to quote....


.....Wish I was was going to CamaroCon...


Becky
__________________
BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy
Michigan's #1 Camaro Dealer
Fly In - Drive Out or I Delivery!
Only 20 min from Detroit Metro Airport

313 875-0507 - Direct Line
ChevyFleet@aol.com
BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:46 PM   #67
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: To many to list
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 15,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post


I made an edit to quote....


.....Wish I was was going to CamaroCon...


Becky
So I have a car you can use if you make it out, Z/28 or ZL1 1LE or if you really want to have fun the 2.0T 1LE.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #68
Badmojo
 
Badmojo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1, 2004 Cobra
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 541
I have the Aluma 8218 Tilt with the low rock guard. Very happy with it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Exactly the same as the Aluma I was previously getting except this is the tilt version.

They dealt with me on it so I wouldn't have to drive to BG. Also wanted a dealer that was closer too.



I rented the same trailer from a friend for CFest so actually got to try it out before buying. I was pretty much sold at that point. Just needed to find it.

Attachment 1003465

Attachment 1003466
__________________
YouTube

2018 Camaro ZL1 - Stock 11.27 @ 125 MPH (1.72 60' on factory tires), SCCA Time Trial S1 Class Winner - Carolina Motorsports Park
2004 Mystichrome Cobra 11.90 @ 120 MPH on Nitto DR. 461 RWHP, 468 TQ
351W 93 Fox Body 11.5 @ 118 MPH 351W
Badmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #69
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARO_HEAVEN View Post
Great choice!
Did you go with the power tilt it is a great option.
For winch I have the warn vr8 has pulled a 79 Z28, 85 Iroc Z, 96 SS, and a 13 SS with no problem.
Glad you found one closer.
No more bogarting the ls fest thread lol
John
Took what they had with no power. I'm guessing that would be nice with the weight of the winch up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
I have the Aluma 8218 Tilt with the low rock guard. Very happy with it.
Pretty sure I would prefer a low rock guard too.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #70
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post


I made an edit to quote....


.....Wish I was was going to CamaroCon...


Becky
Good Edit..

...and we would have so much fun hanging out there.

You really need to rethink this one.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.