Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #15
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
touchless car wash is not necessary good car wash..try walking through a touchless car wash (not really) but the point is very high pressure is not the best way - high pressure wash can be abrasive, many do not use clean water, and since the car wash cannot see, they use high pressure blasts everywhere on your car- even if the area is already clean.

foam cannons are the best, wash at home, cover your car in the soap and wait and wash with medium pressure (only where needed and at least 18" away). Purchase a leaf blower and blow dry your car - never towel dry. I only touch my car when waxing, or the mood is right (lol)

based on your photos, I would try a medium to heavy polish, followed by a light polish, followed by a synthetic wax. Before polishing, be sure to clay bar your car...before polishing or waxing, use painters tape on all plastic and all door jams, hood openings, etc. Good luck!
StreetRage320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:02 PM   #16
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Time to trade it in!!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #17
kev618

Drives: 2010 SS
I disagree a bit on the leaf blower. Anything could come out of that blower as well as the smallest pebble flying up and hitting the paint. I prefer high quality drying towel with as little wiping as possible. Never have seen a swirl or even a water spot on my paint. I wax about every 3rd wash and strip/seal 2-3 times a year.
kev618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:43 AM   #18
JKHolman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT stick
...give it a coat...

With this thread prompting me, I will be getting the Challenger and the Camaro waxed very soon. Like some, it has been awhile.
Thanks for the reminder, guys.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #19
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
That's the place mine gets puddles if left outside when it rains - mineral deposits from hard water......and soap deposits from the car wash - like others have said. Get out the clay bar, compound, wax, and other tools of detailing. Time to get an arm ache.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #20
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Well, I guess I got lucky this time. All it really took was a good detailer. Ill make sure to go twice a year. Thanks for everyones help.
Attached Images

ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #21
c-57d

Drives: 14 2SS/RS Triple Black Ragtop LS3
Very nice result. I honestly thought is was a goner...
-s
Old 09-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #22
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I had similar happen to my hood. Had the hood painted. Now my fender is doing it. Getting the fender painted. Luckily I haven't had to pay for any of this because the front of the car was painted after an accident and I have a lifetime warranty on it. I clean and polish my car religiously so I don't think mine is lack of taking care of it. I did have an ex throw something all over the car that I washed off when I saw it but I think that may be what is eating my clear

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:24 AM   #23
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2LT/RS
Very nice! Glad they were able to take care of it. My baby is overdue to be professionally touched and I think when she is let loose again in the spring the detailer will be the first stop.

Also, nice Wrangler in the background. Is that also your's? I ask because my fiance has a Wrangler and I enjoy driving it almost as much as the Camaro. Almost.
Valkyrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:38 AM   #24
Hetfield03

Thanks. No, thats the neighbors. They always get that parking spot. Heh.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #25
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Wow. Great job in saving the paint!

Do you normally have to park it outside like that? If so, I would get a good quality car cover to protect the paint.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #26
Hetfield03

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Wow. Great job in saving the paint!

Do you normally have to park it outside like that? If so, I would get a good quality car cover to protect the paint.
Yeah, I dont have much choice.

Probably should, another black gen 5 moved in. An SS though. Unmodded.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:33 PM   #27
Hetfield03

I forgot to post this. My detail guy having too much fun. Lol.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #28
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Wow great result and thats a really nice looking car too! Glad you got it sorted out.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote