Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #29
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
four cylinder Mustang... ewww.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #30
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Good luck to you.

Actually, I was about to buy a 16 Mustang GT when a friend came along with the 14 Camaro SS I'm driving. At first, I thought I'd just drive it a few months and turn it. The longer I've had it, the more I like it.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:45 PM   #31
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I get 24mpg daily commute in our 335hp 7000rpm V6 Gen 6 w/manual. Handling amazing with selectable ride (better control than my 1LE pack SS just on TOUR).
Old 09-05-2017, 03:58 PM   #32
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Congratulations on your new car ..i have a 15 mustang ecoboost performance pack..have 54000 miles on it now.its been good to me .. there are tons of performance and aftermarket support for this car it's ridiculous..i have the stage 3 cobb tune. on long drives i still get 36 mpg ..its been a great car ..its almost as nice looking as the 5 gen camaro lol..one thing i will tell you having both cars ..the ecoboost mustang will never sound as good as the camaro.. no matter what engine is in the Camaro they all sound better than any EcoBoost Mustang no matter what you do to it..and that camaro u
You had was definitely beautiful as well.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:14 PM   #33
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Another testimonial for the V6 Camaro. Same basic car, better gas milage. Nothing against SS owners if you like to buy more gas, that's cool.

As for jumping from a Camaro to a Mustang.. your front end pic on your Stang emphasizes the wide mouth bass that real Pony Car lovers hate.

I know where I speak, prior to my 2008 Mustang, 2005 -2009 rocked. In 2010 Stang took a dump with the stupidest back end. Fast forward to 2015 the back is corrected & now the front is an abysmal failure.

Believe you me, Camaro & Chevy beat the blue oval hands down in quality!

Many happy fuel sipping miles until you realize your mistake.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #34
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Dear Mathematically Challenged,

I bet you paid $10k more to trade, right? $10k buys quite a bit of gasoline

You probably not saving anything in the long-term... probably lost money.

Signed,

Trading for MPG Don't Calculate

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I see that Mustang goes new for under $30k... so maybe you had an even swap? If so, then yea nice gas savings.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:33 PM   #35
Gasoholic

Drives: o
So sorry :(

I will say a prayer for your soul.
Gasoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 05:39 PM   #36
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2LT/RS
OP, nice looking car. Gotta do what is right for you, hope it works out. I own a 2LT and put on an average of 1,000 miles a week the first month I had the car. Talk about eating up a paycheck. Thought I was going to have to trade it in for a Volt and lose my ass in the long run.
Valkyrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:19 PM   #37

Drives: 15 1SS 1LE
[QUOTE=Battlezone580;9894406]Wish you all the best, just curious why a Mustang over the 6th gen Camaro?

Save your self from paying a markup for the GT350 and get a ZL1 1LE . Better price, more hp, and better around the track.[/QUOTE

I totally forgot about the ZL1 1LE when I wrote the massage.

I got one more year to finish paying off my Camaro!!!! I would like to have another muscle car, which I have the room in my garage. I am just not sure if another Camaro will do.. I sure do like the cobras, or Hellcats.... I will have to wait and see.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #38
Sinister_Camaro

Drives: 2014 Crystal Red 2SS
I work at a Chevrolet dealer so I got good trade in value on the camaro and a discount on the stang. As for trading over, I've had 2 5th gens and both were great but I didn't want to jump into a 3rd camaro especially the 4 cylinder as it is slower than the mustang, it looks great but I'd still like to enjoy my car which is also why I didn't downgrade to like a cruze or something along those lines. I'm a huge car guy and I'd be miserable in one of those. The main concern was mpg but that wasn't the only stipulation, it still had to be somewhat enjoyable. Being a car detailer making about 2k a month and having a 40 mile drive everyday on an SS was pretty difficult, after all my bills were paid I had at most about 150-200 left over and I wasn't liking that, I couldn't go out to eat or see a movie, my car took everything. I don't regret buying it I loved every second of having it but I didn't have any hobbies and I never had money to go anywhere is all. I loved the refresh on the mustangs so that's why I went with it instead of the 6th gen camaro, it probably stings most people when I say this but at the end of the day there isn't a GM vs. Ford rivalry that keeps me up at night, I love them all in their own ways, hell I'd even go as far to say that I would've bought a v6 challenger if that was what had shown up instead of the mustang, at least one of any of the three pony cars that anyone decides to go with has personality unlike the Chevy spark or ford focus.
Sinister_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:02 PM   #39
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Well, regardless... congrats on the new ride. Who cares what anyone else really thinks as long as you get what you want and/or need.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #40
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Congratulations on the new car man. The once-a-week fill up is definitely nice I hear you there. When I used to bring my 2002 LS1 Camaro and Giver I could kill a half a tank of gas in an hour. With my new car with the 3.6 lgx I can run it back and forth to work and around town for 7 or 8 days before I need gas unbelievable how far things have come.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #41
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Congrats on the new car. IMO the new Mustang looks better than the new Camaro.

MPG's whatever...

My 1LE gets 17.9 driving like a fool. But, I'm not commuting long distances everyday. Usually drive the truck anyway, which gets 16.

Historically I have owned and preferred turbo 4cyl cars, which can be a lot of fun. Especially when you crank up the boost, and replace the downpipe with a high flow single cat. It gets into silly $$ when you go BT (big turbo), FMIC, fuel, meth, blah blah. The most fun I've had is with basic power upgrades. The chassis/brakes/suspension generally stay in the fun zone at that level.

That said I'd probably not buy a "muscle" car with a turbo 4, mostly because of the missing sound signature, but I'm not a stickler for tradition either.
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #42
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
a little off...went drag racin!
Name:  IMG_20170905_202932179.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  38.7 KB

OOOPPPSSS...gotta update the sig mileage too!!!