Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #6553
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Come to Florida. You'll love the weather.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:54 AM   #6554
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8minus4 View Post
Come to Florida. You'll love the weather.
I’ve been searching. What area do you live in?
My girl is going to finish her degree as a biologist and Im going to have 2 degrees in IT and Security and Foreignsics. I have my Associates right now but I went back to get more education so I can be more valuable.
Trying to go somewhere that is booming in those industries. We thought about Columbia SC and Charolette NC so far.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #6555
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
I’ve been searching. What area do you live in?
My girl is going to finish her degree as a biologist and Im going to have 2 degrees in IT and Security and Foreignsics. I have my Associates right now but I went back to get more education so I can be more valuable.
Trying to go somewhere that is booming in those industries. We thought about Columbia SC and Charolette NC so far.
That sounds great man! I live in Broward County in south FL. Honestly, your degrees might be of more value to both you guys in another state. Florida salaries are notoriously low. They do not like to pay down here. That is a big reason why we lose educators and healthcare workers to other states. Definitely do your homework before you make such a big decision. If you're ever in the area, let me know, I'll buy you a beer.

Last edited by SSShark; 04-11-2019 at 07:41 PM.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #6556
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
That sounds great man! I live in Broward County in south FL. Honestly, your degrees might be of more value to you both you guys in another state. Florida salaries are notoriously low. They do not like to pay down here. That is a big reason why we lose educators and healthcare workers to other states. Definitely do your homework before you make such a big decision. If you're ever in the area, let me know, I'll buy you a beer.
Sounds like a plan! Haha.
I have been looking on the net for about 4 months and I have a year to keep looking! We trying to pick an area that is booming in those industries. My girl is from the south and she’s miserable up here so she also wants to go back down.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:31 AM   #6557
cignul9

Drives: 50th 2SS MRC A8 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
Sounds like a plan! Haha.
I have been looking on the net for about 4 months and I have a year to keep looking! We trying to pick an area that is booming in those industries. My girl is from the south and she’s miserable up here so she also wants to go back down.
Check out Texas, tbh. I'm in Austin, and the tech scene is huge here, especially security. Houston might be better for a biologist, though, and the tech scene there is also really good.
50th 2SS, MRC, NPP, 8A, #991
Join the Club F1FTY Registry!
Add yourself to the registry here.
Read the registry here.
cignul9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #6558
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cignul9 View Post
Check out Texas, tbh. I'm in Austin, and the tech scene is huge here, especially security. Houston might be better for a biologist, though, and the tech scene there is also really good.
I was thinking texas too because I have a uncle that lives in Fort Hood who will let me stay with him for interviews and such! I saw the industry is also booming there! Especially in IT. Got any pointers?
Old 02-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #6559
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Passed a milestone. Just this once I planned ahead and got an extended warranty from Becky.

Name:  20190215_212254.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  108.4 KB

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #6560
Kaseikei

Drives: 2018 Summit White 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cignul9 View Post
I've been thinking of texas... I'm in Miami Florida right now.. one more semester 'till i finish my bachelors in Computer Engineering and same for my girl in Biology, she's looking to do dentistry.

Realistically speaking how expensive is housing over there? If i find a job i might become a texas boy late '19 early '20

PS: How high are insurance rates over there? I'm getting bent over for my '18 1LT since i'm only 20 y/o
Kaseikei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #6561
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaseikei View Post
I've been thinking of texas... I'm in Miami Florida right now.. one more semester 'till i finish my bachelors in Computer Engineering and same for my girl in Biology, she's looking to do dentistry.

Realistically speaking how expensive is housing over there? If i find a job i might become a texas boy late '19 early '20

PS: How high are insurance rates over there? I'm getting bent over for my '18 1LT since i'm only 20 y/o
Whatever you do... stay OUT of Illinois. Texas is booming.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:23 PM   #6562
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage View Post
Whatever you do... stay OUT of Illinois. Texas is booming.
My uncle that lives in Texas was based in Illinois crazy enough he didn’t mind it there but my aunt was from the Texas area and she misses it. So when he retired from the Air Force they went to Texas and they love it.
Why stay out in your case?
Old 02-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #6563
ItsChristianInHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaseikei View Post

It all depends. Awesome thing about Texas and Florida is there is no state taxes like we pay up here that the state does absolutely nothing with.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:57 PM   #6564
ToneCapone

Drives: 2023 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlk-1997 View Post
I installed SS emblems on the doors. Installed custom made fuse plate. Installed custom made pedal inserts. The pedal inserts and fuse plate are made by Camaro6 members.
I love that fuse box decal. I may be late but I have never seen that. Can you tell me where to go to take a gander for myself, and see if there is anything that is to my liking?

2023 ZL1 M6 Black
ToneCapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:00 PM   #6565
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneCapone View Post
I love that fuse box decal. I may be late but I have never seen that. Can you tell me where to go to take a gander for myself, and see if there is anything that is to my liking?
I got mine from Chris Frech (no N) on Facebook. Does great work. I’m sure there are others.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:41 AM   #6566
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:
That sounds great man! I live in Broward County in south FL. Honestly, your degrees might be of more value to you both you guys in another state. Florida salaries are notoriously low. They do not like to pay down here. That is a big reason why we lose educators and healthcare workers to other states. Definitely do your homework before you make such a big decision. If you're ever in the area, let me know, I'll buy you a beer.

Very true. Jobs are more plentiful and pay is better in Texas. Florida is for retirees like me.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote