Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #1205
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
What he said ^ for a car off the lot, from the factory mid to low 12s is fast.
12:20s is a very good pass but slow in comparison of other 2018s there same day same time. Maybe the other two he mentioned running 12:00s and 11:80s had hidden mods, tunes, or race fuel, you never know. But if the other two were in fact stock he was 3-5 mph slower an indication of a problem. Manual I could see driver error but auto the cars should be very close atleast in mph. It would have been nice to see one of the other car's timeslip.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 06-05-2018 at 06:56 AM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #1206
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
3 out of 4 of his passes the car only picked up 22mph on the back half which is weak. The pass it picked up 24 mph it was weak in the 1/8. He needs to log the car.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #1207
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
12:20s is a very good pass but slow in comparison of other 2018s there same day same time. Maybe the other two he mentioned running 12:00s and 11:80s had hidden mods, tunes, or race fuel, you never know. But if the other two were in fact stock he was 3-5 mph slower an indication of a problem. Manual I could see driver error but auto the cars should be very close atleast in mph. It would have been nice to see one of the other car's timeslip.
I agree

But 11.8@120 in 1500 and 25 headwind sounds very exceptional. DA not so much but if it really was 25 headwind that will hurt. The 11.8 car might have had a tune who knows
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:08 PM   #1208
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Back from vacation guys!!

I will say that low 12s to high 11s does not automatically make a car "fast". For example, which car is faster, one that does 11.9 at 119 MPH or one that does 12.4 at 130 MPH? If you were in both cars and punched it, which one would snap your neck? Quarter mile time by itself doesn't mean much. Because you guys talk about how stock comparisons don't matter in the real world...but in the real world when you're at a meet and your 11.9/119 MPH car is getting called out by the 12.4/130 MPH car for a roll on race, then that 11.9 don't mean squat because your lunch will get taken. Is the new GT "fast"? Well if I get out of my Hellcat or ZL1 and hopped into the 18 GT then I highly doubt it would feel "fast". Which is why I didn't get the 6th Gen SS. Because despite the quarter mile times it did, after driving one on the highway and comparing it to my FBO 5th Gen SS, it just didn't give me any thrills at all.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #1209
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Old 06-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #1210
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:

I will say that low 12s to high 11s does not automatically make a car "fast". For example, which car is faster, one that does 11.9 at 119 MPH or one that does 12.4 at 130 MPH? If you were in both cars and punched it, which one would snap your neck? Quarter mile time by itself doesn't mean much. Because you guys talk about how stock comparisons don't matter in the real world...but in the real world when you're at a meet and your 11.9/119 MPH car is getting called out by the 12.4/130 MPH car for a roll on race, then that 11.9 don't mean squat because your lunch will get taken. Is the new GT "fast"? Well if I get out of my Hellcat or ZL1 and hopped into the 18 GT then I highly doubt it would feel "fast". Which is why I didn't get the 6th Gen SS. Because despite the quarter mile times it did, after driving one on the highway and comparing it to my FBO 5th Gen SS, it just didn't give me any thrills at all.
Well to be exact..

11.9-12.4 is absolutely considered a "quick" car. Back in 2009 it was a big deal when a bone stock 5th Gen cracked the 12 second mark stock.

ET: How Quick, dictated by traction
MPH: How fast..dictated by power AND traction.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #1211
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

The simple answer to that is that roll racing is dumb lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 04:36 AM   #1212
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Don't worry. I'm a changed man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Well to be exact..

11.9-12.4 is absolutely considered a "quick" car. Back in 2009 it was a big deal when a bone stock 5th Gen cracked the 12 second mark stock.

ET: How Quick, dictated by traction
MPH: How fast..dictated by power AND traction.
I remember when a mid 13 was fast...and when the Viper first came out doing a 13 flat and everyone couldn't believe how fast it was. But the point is that the quarter mile time isn't the only factor in what makes a faster car. So 2 cars could do identical times but one could be much much faster than the other.

Quote:
We all have our things. I think burnouts are dumb but that's just me.

But I don't quite see the point of going from 0-110/120/130+ and then stopping when you could start at 40 and see just how fast you can really go and who can or cant keep up.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:17 AM   #1213
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Quote:
But I don't quite see the point of going from 0-110/120/130+ and then stopping when you could start at 40 and see just how fast you can really go and who can or cant keep up.
Roll racing is dumb because it is so dangerous on the street. But that is not a big deal for the racers, science calls that natural selection. Just like riding a bike without a helmet.

But it gets beyond dumb to tragic when you take out innocent people.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:22 AM   #1214
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

I’m a dig racer born and raised but after about 450whp it becomes futile to try dig racing on the street with anything less than DR’s and some prep. Your forced to roll race for safety sake... empty stretches of road of course. Roll racing videos through traffic makes me want to punch people through the screen.

Hell I had to put my DR’s on just to do 3rd gear pulls when tuning for E85... and that was while doing the base line pulls on 93... just wasn’t safe.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:45 AM   #1215
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Don't kid yourself boys, no street racing is safe for anyone! smh
Old 06-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #1216
shaffe

Quote:
Don't worry. I'm a changed man.

I remember when a mid 13 was fast...and when the Viper first came out doing a 13 flat and everyone couldn't believe how fast it was. But the point is that the quarter mile time isn't the only factor in what makes a faster car. So 2 cars could do identical times but one could be much much faster than the other.

Yeah we all have our own things. Almost got busted for street racing once when I was 18. Since then have always kept it on the track so really that is why I prefer from a dig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I’m a dig racer born and raised but after about 450whp it becomes futile to try dig racing on the street with anything less than DR’s and some prep. Your forced to roll race for safety sake... empty stretches of road of course. Roll racing videos through traffic makes me want to punch people through the screen.

Hell I had to put my DR’s on just to do 3rd gear pulls when tuning for E85... and that was while doing the base line pulls on 93... just wasn’t safe.
that is true, I just prefer to keep it on the track.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 06-07-2018, 02:23 PM   #1217
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Roll racing is dumb because it is so dangerous on the street. But that is not a big deal for the racers, science calls that natural selection. Just like riding a bike without a helmet.

But it gets beyond dumb to tragic when you take out innocent people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Don't kid yourself boys, no street racing is safe for anyone! smh
Quote:
Yeah we all have our own things. Almost got busted for street racing once when I was 18. Since then have always kept it on the track so really that is why I prefer from a dig.

that is true, I just prefer to keep it on the track.
I wasn't talking about street racing tho. You can roll race on private roads. You can rent small airport roads...a group I used to ride motorcycles with used to do that years ago to hang out, practice stunting, and for racing. Etc. There are plenty of ways to roll race legally and safely. Again, I'm talking about roll racing...not street racing.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #1218
shaffe

Quote:
I wasn't talking about street racing tho. You can roll race on private roads. You can rent small airport roads...a group I used to ride motorcycles with used to do that years ago to hang out, practice stunting, and for racing. Etc. There are plenty of ways to roll race legally and safely. Again, I'm talking about roll racing...not street racing.
Most of the time roll racing is done on the street. II have never heard of anyone renting roads so they could roll race but good for you that you found safe way way to do it.

doesn't change my opinion that it's dumb lol. No timers, no regulations, still way to many variables that could effect the outcome vs a controlled track like the dragstrip IMHO. Just not my thing, if that's what you like doing more power to you just not for me.

Last edited by shaffe; 06-07-2018 at 02:53 PM.