Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 11-05-2022, 10:17 AM   #1
Spellbound

Drives: 2K17 SS Camaro
2017 SS Camaro Passenger seat stuck in the rear position

The passenger seat in my Camaro is stuck all the way to the rear and I can't move it forward to access the bolts to remove the seat to either clear out debris or replace the motor. To be a little clearer, when I try to move it forward the tunnel side seat rail will not move, and the door side will move and twist the seat towards the tunnel.

I was hoping by raising the seat up it would give me access, but it doesn't.

Oh, and I removed as much debris as I could with an air hose and vacuum to see if anything was binding it and that didn't work.

I don't even know how a dealer would fix it without being able to move the seat forward to access the bolts, might be time to trade it in, lol

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
12.005@117 Bone Stock with a DR

2018 ZL1 A10, no times, wife won't let me race it.
Spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 11:59 AM   #2
Spellbound

Drives: 2K17 SS Camaro
Finally got this fixed.

I had to dissemble the seat in the car and I was able to manually turn the gear to move the seat forward to get to the bolts.

You can't just buy a seat motor, you have to get the whole bottom seat assembly. There are two listed for the Camaro and there's no distinction between the two, with seat bolsters ($700+) and without ($266 to 300+ depending on where you buy.) The one for the seat bolsters is for the Recaros and without bolsters is for everything else.
12.005@117 Bone Stock with a DR

2018 ZL1 A10, no times, wife won't let me race it.
Spellbound is offline   Reply With Quote