Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-22-2022, 11:33 AM   #1
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
NEW T87A BETA FROM HPTUNERS (for T93-converts NOT confirmed yet))

UPDATED STATEMENT:

The latest BETA in HPTuners includes more goodies in the T87A(T93-conversions are unclear...)!!! There's more to confuse me now!!! There are probably like twice as many tables for me to screw up now.

Have fun!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 07:29 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Well - the car accepted the latest TCM tune with new definitions. I only moved it 50-feet, but so far so good, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 10-26-2022, 08:16 AM   #3
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Thats good news! I do however think it's crap that HPtuners will only allow the new features on the latest beta to work with MPVI2 or later devices.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 08:38 AM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Thats good news! I do however think it's crap that HPtuners will only allow the new features on the latest beta to work with MPVI2 or later devices.
I agree. Maybe a cash grab? BUT - at least before - upgrading from a MPVI to the 2+ was "only" like $150 or something (I could be off, but it was a lot less than getting a PRO at the time). I think they're going to do another upgrade program, in a month or so (last time I saw), so that might be an option.

Aside from the access that the newer interfaces seem to allow for (like what you just stated), I'm not sure how much more useful my 2+ was for me. Granted - I'm an idiot, so I'm not using all of it's features, nor am I using the unit to it's fullest, but when I tried to use the wireless SCANNER function, it didn't work to my expectations. It could be I monitor way too many channels at once, typically, but I just didn't trust it. The 3 seems to be bigger in all regards, to functionality, so maybe this will be worth it.

What I know is, for what I use HPTuners for, unless it's about the same upgrade price as before, it won't be worth it - unless it locks me out, like you are being...

BUT - some good luck so far. I have some research on what seems to do what, and what I should, and shouldn't, touch. Having to look at what A6 tuning helps, because there's not a whole lot out there that I can make sense of for A8s, and especially A10s. Starting to understand the A6 definitions seems to be a start in the right direction though.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 10-26-2022, 08:51 AM   #5
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Pretty sure we can only upgrade to the 3 starting in December. But I don't see them ditching support on the MPVI2 for a long time. They want the MPVI users to move up likely due to the way the credits and licensing works.

With the original MPVI I have to license an ECM in order to make tune changes and save the file even if I am not writing the ECM. Moving up to a 3 will eliminate that and you only need to license if writing the file to the ECM. Which might not sound like a big deal for most, but it is if you are fixing "shop" tunes on the regular.

I would reference a T87 A8 file.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 10:50 AM   #6
ZL14ever

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I met an HP tuners representative at a local show earlier this month. When I told him that I am still using the old MPVI interface, he rolled his eyes and told me that eventually many features & SW versions will no longer be available for the old interface
ZL14ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:31 AM   #7
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL14ever View Post
I met an HP tuners representative at a local show earlier this month. When I told him that I am still using the old MPVI interface, he rolled his eyes and told me that eventually many features & SW versions will no longer be available for the old interface
Thats pretty normal to stop support for legacy devices. As software evolves and becomes more power hungry, the hardware that supports it needs to evolve as well. They are not doing anything shady or bad business. This is how technology moves forward.

Eventually you'll have to retire those old serial laptops and get one with USBC to be able to use the faster interfaces between the device and your machine.

I use a macbook air that I put windows on. Its super fast and has USBC and I can log all the PIDs with no hesitation or lag easily. You are going to run into the limits of normal USB soon as well when you ramp up the amount of PIDs you want to log.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 12:34 PM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

The new definitions seem to be working just fine with the T87A-swap. There are like 2-times more to screw up now.

It's kinda' difficult to figure out what the stock settings are, because if feels like everything I open a file to compare, I'm seeing different numbers. I'm probably just getting lost in all the information, but everything, so far, seems to be okay.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"