Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 10-05-2022, 07:10 PM   #1
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Hummer EV fail lol.....

Couldn't give me a ev...especially one from gm.🤣

https://youtu.be/uIXfp7pVFV4
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 07:02 AM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post

That looks like something that would definitely happen to me.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:57 AM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
TFL has had some bad luck with that Hummer EV. They took it off road in another video and the front locker wouldn't engage - the switch broke. The suspension leveling system didn't work. Lot's of little gremlins

Just finished the video, what the hell is that process to get the shifter unlocked with rolling each window down and up.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 10-06-2022 at 09:14 AM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:56 AM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This is not a good look for GM.

What really sucks is that the dealership will probably have no clue what to do, and it will take an engineer from GM to sort it out. Unfortunately, that's the sort of reality we are moving further and further into. It's already that way in some aspects, but electric cars in many ways are like a big computer, that just so happens to have a motor and wheels attached to it. Will techs at the dealership be able to resolve these sorts of issues when they arise? I don't think so.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:08 PM   #5
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:

It’s awful you’re really gonna laugh at someone’s misfortune as if an ICE vehicle had never broken down.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 07:57 PM   #6
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
It’s awful you’re really gonna laugh at someone’s misfortune as if an ICE vehicle had never broken down.
I find joy in watching any ev failing especially one from gm while on a popular YouTube channel for all the mases to see. Complete and utter $115,000.00+ piece of garbage.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 09:20 PM   #7
Rob3D

Quote:
I find joy in watching any ev failing especially one from gm while on a popular YouTube channel for all the mases to see. Complete and utter $115,000.00+ piece of garbage.
Why do you like EV’s failing?
Old 10-09-2022, 09:32 AM   #8
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Agreed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
Why do you like EV’s failing?
Because I’m not into having things shoved down my throat whether I like it or not. I hope this EV bull fails miserably and these big automakers going all in on it, pay big time for it. These things are a joke to push on the mass population of the country. Try living where I do where it’s 100 miles minimum in every direction to another big city. I guess when I need to pull a trailer I’ll get a lightning and go 60 miles on each charge lots of driving thru extremely rural areas here. EV’s have a place but that place isn’t for every part of the country.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 10:49 AM   #9
Rob3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Agreed!

Because I’m not into having things shoved down my throat whether I like it or not. I hope this EV bull fails miserably and these big automakers going all in on it, pay big time for it. These things are a joke to push on the mass population of the country. Try living where I do where it’s 100 miles minimum in every direction to another big city. I guess when I need to pull a trailer I’ll get a lightning and go 60 miles on each charge lots of driving thru extremely rural areas here. EV’s have a place but that place isn’t for every part of the country.
I have to pull livestock and would never use an EV for that. But my Tesla is fantastic! Either way I sure as shit wouldn’t wish anything bad on anyone just because I don’t agree with it. That would make me a huge dick.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:23 PM   #10

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
This is not to be unexpected. I have said before that the early adopters of all these EVs, including Hummer, are taking the burden of providing the manufacturers with the data needed to work out the kinks and unforeseen issues....(Rivian just recalled all their vehicles for a critical steering issue).

EVs are too pricey for the privilege of being a test guinea pig. I would wait several years and at least the "next gen" of EVs before considering one.

Hummer has sold a whopping 782 over the two years (?) they've been available and likely still on the "First Edition". (Highly advertised and touted Lyriq....36 units!...lol) Not very reassuring.

https://investor.gm.com/static-files...4-2ae06afddd96

Tesla has a lot of years under it's belt. Remember all the issues they had in their first few early years? Much better now. Auto-Pilot or whatever it's called still has too many issues.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 05:25 AM   #11
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Agreed!

Agree 100%. We could have a fast, reliable and amazingly fuel efficient ICE vehicle of any type for half the cost of current ICE vehicles if the government wasn't involved. Literally every piece of a vehicle that is lower quality over priced junk can be traced back to a law made by somebody that should have been minding their business.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:11 AM   #12
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
The reality is that we should have diversity in our vehicle propulsion methods as we should energy generation so we have choice that fits and is appropriate for the use case at hand.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #13
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
The reality is that we should have diversity in our vehicle propulsion methods as we should energy generation so we have choice that fits and is appropriate for the use case at hand.
ICE - Hybrid - EV … Logical
Old 10-11-2022, 03:44 PM   #14
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
As much as I like the Hummer EV truck...I'm really waiting for the Silverado EV. TFL is a Ford leaning website and I've watched them since the days of the first 5thGen Camaro review they did.

Roman came from a Ford family and has said so in the past but usually they just post slightly negative remarks or headlines on GM vehicles but you will rarely see negative commentary on Ford products from them and they give Ford coverage on all of its product range.

I still watch the channel but I know going in to a review or comparison that involves a GM product, its already handicapped by negative subjective commentary or scoring. Like some you tubers they are really in the business of getting clicks/viewers for profit and I don't blame them for that but all I want is a fair and balanced review and equal coverage. I like the Ike towing reviews and mileage loop reviews but the drag race is not one of practicality in my opinion.

I love my ICE vehicles but I'll do my part to help save this world for my kids, grandkids and their kids...sacrifice for the future.