Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 11-10-2022, 12:25 PM   #57
Katech_Zach

Drives: 14 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmate1 View Post
Cannot wait to hear and see 8000rpm!

What wheels did you have on at Pitt? They look good!
I used the Apex VS-5RS in the brushed clear finish. The center caps are authentic GM brushed bowtie caps that fit the factory camaro bore:

https://www.apexraceparts.com/our-wh...ged-vs5rs.html
Katech_Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:26 PM   #58
Katech_Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
While this may not be the most popular location, I've found that an external mic in the glove compartment captures the best audio with the LT4. If you mount in the typical spot, rear bumper, all you get is exhaust and no engine noise. The glove compartment captures a mix of both and sounds great IMHO. I feel it gives more of the in cabin experience.

Can't wait to hear it once you get some footage together!
That audio quality sounds great! I tried engine bay, air box, rear bumper, and the GoPro native. All had their pros and cons.

If you want to have some fun, throw it on your intake. You hear some wicked blower noises lol!
Old 12-12-2022, 03:19 PM   #59
Joey Soul
The Mechanic

Drives: 1SS M
Sick build, i didnt even know you guys made a lightweight fly for the stock clutch, does that require a slave spacer or is it just as thick as the dual mass?
BTR 225 w/CNC Heads|JLT intake|Speed Engineering 1"7/8 long tube and mid pipe|LT2 manifold w/95mmTb|Self tuned w/HPtuners|Silvers 2Way coilovers|Hotchkis front sway|Advan AD08R|BMR solid cradle bushings|Recaro SR7| Work ZR10 19"
Joey Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:55 AM   #60
Katech_Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Soul View Post
Sick build, i didnt even know you guys made a lightweight fly for the stock clutch, does that require a slave spacer or is it just as thick as the dual mass?
The flywheel has the same spacing at the dual mass, it is plug-and-play without any shims needed
Old 12-14-2022, 11:04 AM   #61
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
So awesome!! Great build!
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 07:37 PM   #62
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
When do we get to the see the dyno video?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:53 PM   #63
blahson
meep meep

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Where'd the pics go??

This thread looks amazing! Not sure what happened to all the pictures though, they only load on the first page.
EDIT: Pics came back!

Definitely interested to see how this turns out!!

Last edited by blahson; 12-25-2022 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Pics came back!
blahson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 09:33 AM   #64
Katech_Zach

The vehicle wont be back on dyno until Spring of this year. I do have some winter projects for the vehicle that I plan on doing that I will post about, nothing too crazy, but still fun.

List of potential winter projects:

-Strip interior, replace any missing/faulty panel clips, line with an insulating foam to reduce rattles/NVH

-Remove brake calipers, send out for ZR1 blue or similar powder coat with silver brembo 1LE decals

-Convert DSSV suspension to factory Mag-Ride with DSC Controller

-Build custom 6" intake for 120mm Throttlebody

-Modify custom dual port low vacuum bypass valve to have more spring preload on valve

-Add subtle Katech Livery

-Create Brushed/Billet Aluminum ZL1 badge set to match the wheels

I am also considering adding port injection to my vehicle to enable full flex fuel capabilities. I have not decided on this yet. I am also in the process of making a really cool low side solution for the Camaro guys that would be relatively plug-and-play for close to 1000rwhp on E85, so you guys will see something involving that in the coming months.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday!
Old 01-05-2023, 02:29 PM   #65
Briland_1LE

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
why switch to mag ride?
Briland_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 03:25 PM   #66
That1guy_tim

Drives: Camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briland_1LE View Post
why switch to mag ride?
If I had to guess it's due to the tuning capabilities of the mag ride
Old 01-05-2023, 07:53 PM   #67
Katech_Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briland_1LE View Post
why switch to mag ride?
I have put 10,000 miles on the ZL1 1LE, I purchased it from Texas and drove it back home to Michigan. The suspension is great on 90% of the roads in the country. Unfortunately for me, Michigan has probably the worst roads.

The majority of my miles are on the street with this car, most roads that I drive on are very rough on the car.

I have 3 realistic options
1) Keep DSSV
2) Switch to GM Mag Ride Shocks, DSC Controller
3) Switch to JRI Coilovers or equivilent (MSC, etc).

I like the idea of going to GM Mag shocks with the DSC controller, I think I will be able to tune them to give me a majority of the handling performance back. It will also allow me to go extra soft in touring settings for comfort street driving.

The JRI's can be custom valved for my application, but this solution is double the cost.

I have everything needed to do the full mag ride conversion (shocks/struts, BMR drop springs @ OEM rates, DSC controller, DSC harness), I just have to find the time to do this and dial it in. If I choose to do this conversion anyways.

If I lived somewhere with nicer roads, or did not do as much street driving as I do, I would not be considering swapping shocks.

Knowing what I know now, I probably would have started with a standard ZL1, and added the aero after the fact.

Live and learn, I love the project so far though.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:18 AM   #68
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Zach View Post
The vehicle wont be back on dyno until Spring of this year. I do have some winter projects for the vehicle that I plan on doing that I will post about, nothing too crazy, but still fun.

List of potential winter projects:

-Strip interior, replace any missing/faulty panel clips, line with an insulating foam to reduce rattles/NVH

-Remove brake calipers, send out for ZR1 blue or similar powder coat with silver brembo 1LE decals

-Convert DSSV suspension to factory Mag-Ride with DSC Controller

-Build custom 6" intake for 120mm Throttlebody

-Modify custom dual port low vacuum bypass valve to have more spring preload on valve

-Add subtle Katech Livery

-Create Brushed/Billet Aluminum ZL1 badge set to match the wheels

I am also considering adding port injection to my vehicle to enable full flex fuel capabilities. I have not decided on this yet. I am also in the process of making a really cool low side solution for the Camaro guys that would be relatively plug-and-play for close to 1000rwhp on E85, so you guys will see something involving that in the coming months.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday!

The Katech Low Side Kit, sounds VERY interesting
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 12:39 PM   #69
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Mag Ride seems smart for street vs. DSSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Zach View Post
I have put 10,000 miles on the ZL1 1LE, I purchased it from Texas and drove it back home to Michigan. The suspension is great on 90% of the roads in the country. Unfortunately for me, Michigan has probably the worst roads.

The majority of my miles are on the street with this car, most roads that I drive on are very rough on the car.

I have 3 realistic options
1) Keep DSSV
2) Switch to GM Mag Ride Shocks, DSC Controller
3) Switch to JRI Coilovers or equivilent (MSC, etc).

I like the idea of going to GM Mag shocks with the DSC controller, I think I will be able to tune them to give me a majority of the handling performance back. It will also allow me to go extra soft in touring settings for comfort street driving.

The JRI's can be custom valved for my application, but this solution is double the cost.

I have everything needed to do the full mag ride conversion (shocks/struts, BMR drop springs @ OEM rates, DSC controller, DSC harness), I just have to find the time to do this and dial it in. If I choose to do this conversion anyways.

If I lived somewhere with nicer roads, or did not do as much street driving as I do, I would not be considering swapping shocks.

Knowing what I know now, I probably would have started with a standard ZL1, and added the aero after the fact.

Live and learn, I love the project so far though.
I really appreciate all the posting by Zach and love this build. It seems to me like a ZLE with Mag Ride would be a great steet car if you are tolerant to that type of vehicle. I love my Mag Ride and I have been spooked by the reading I have done regarding the repair costs of DSSV. Zach, if you do the conversion are you going to document the procedure and show a parts list? Just wondering. I try to read your posts because they are quite informative. Thanks Again.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 03:00 PM   #70
Checkmate1

Drives: Garnet Red / ZL1 1LE
How is this going Zach? We can't wait to hear this car sing to 8000rpm. More importantly- the benefits of a LTW flywheel.

Tags
katech, lt4, performance