Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 10-31-2022, 09:27 AM   #1
pisters

Drives: Camaro V6 2014, Camaro 2.0T 2021
Thumbs down 2021 (11k miles) with transmission issue (clunk noise and hard shift)

I have a 2021 1LS (2.0 Turbo) Camaro that I bought with only 130 miles on it (new) last year, that is, brand new.

Recently when I was braking I noticed a loud noise like a "TUM", I didn't like it at all. Then I discovered using the sequential pads that when downshifting from 3 to 2 gear in very low speed it usually makes like a thump or kick in the gears.

I want to clarify that the car despite being new has NO WARRANTY since it is imported and not from the dealer. So I am totally alone in this. Every expense and headache comes totally out of my pocket.

Here is a video I recorded.

(clunk noise in 0:01 and 0:10

If anyone has had any family problems please can you help me with this? The car was too well taken care of for it to break down so fast.
pisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 03:19 PM   #2
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
The 8 speed is known for some hard shifts. I am not familiar with how it feels downshifting, but my LT1 slams that 1-2 shift way harder than I think is normal, specifically when at light or no throttle.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 03:55 PM   #3
pisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
The 8 speed is known for some hard shifts. I am not familiar with how it feels downshifting, but my LT1 slams that 1-2 shift way harder than I think is normal, specifically when at light or no throttle.

-Geoff
Trust me, its not normal. Im driving this car from first day when has 150 miles and never behaved as it does now and even more with that damned knocking noise in the transmission that every time it is used it does it more frequently. i have not used the car for two weeks now while i continue paying the monthly insurance premium.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:52 PM   #4
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
It indeed isn't normal, OP is right about that. I also had a 8L45 and it never did this.

That said, pisters, all you're doing at this point is complain, just look at your post history. Have you tried any of the suggestions we gave you? There is no free fix, you have to make your peace with that, and bringing this same problem up here every few days won't help you.

BTW I have no warranty on my car either and it did have a factory head manufacturing issue that cost me some pretty coin to get fixed professionally, but I don't make a big deal out of it here, because I modded the car and accepted the responsibility (along with the tons of joy, of course). You imported a car with no warranty, fixes are on you—we are trying to help, as you can see, but at the end of the day, you need to take the steps.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 07:24 AM   #5
pisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
It indeed isn't normal, OP is right about that. I also had a 8L45 and it never did this.

That said, pisters, all you're doing at this point is complain, just look at your post history. Have you tried any of the suggestions we gave you? There is no free fix, you have to make your peace with that, and bringing this same problem up here every few days won't help you.

BTW I have no warranty on my car either and it did have a factory head manufacturing issue that cost me some pretty coin to get fixed professionally, but I don't make a big deal out of it here, because I modded the car and accepted the responsibility (along with the tons of joy, of course). You imported a car with no warranty, fixes are on you—we are trying to help, as you can see, but at the end of the day, you need to take the steps.
I appreciate your help. I wanted to start by flushing the transmission oil, I am waiting for the oil filter to arrive. Here in my country there are no spare parts at all, I have to shipping everything from USA and it costs me extra money and time.

The MOBIL 1 ATF LV HP oil recommended by GM does not exist in my country either. In the USA it costs 60 USD for 6 bottles but if I bring it to my country it will cost me 200 USD (160 USD shipping price) and on top of that I have to wait two more weeks.

I put the car for sale, I want to get rid of it as soon as possible but here it is difficult to sell this kind of cars because there are no spare parts and they are expensive nobody wants to buy them.