#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 10-12-2022, 08:00 AM   #15
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
This is not to be unexpected. I have said before that the early adopters of all these EVs, including Hummer, are taking the burden of providing the manufacturers with the data needed to work out the kinks and unforeseen issues....(Rivian just recalled all their vehicles for a critical steering issue).

EVs are too pricey for the privilege of being a test guinea pig. I would wait several years and at least the "next gen" of EVs before considering one.

Hummer has sold a whopping 782 over the two years (?) they've been available and likely still on the "First Edition". (Highly advertised and touted Lyriq....36 units!...lol) Not very reassuring.

https://investor.gm.com/static-files...4-2ae06afddd96

Tesla has a lot of years under it's belt. Remember all the issues they had in their first few early years? Much better now. Auto-Pilot or whatever it's called still has too many issues.

To Rivians defense is was 1 loose bolt.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 05:24 PM   #16
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Name:  F01095D5-DF78-4D24-A540-ED25C1F4D251.jpeg
Views: 523
Size:  258.1 KB
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:01 PM   #17
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
As much as I like the Hummer EV truck...I'm really waiting for the Silverado EV. TFL is a Ford leaning website and I've watched them since the days of the first 5thGen Camaro review they did.

Roman came from a Ford family and has said so in the past but usually they just post slightly negative remarks or headlines on GM vehicles but you will rarely see negative commentary on Ford products from them and they give Ford coverage on all of its product range.

I still watch the channel but I know going in to a review or comparison that involves a GM product, its already handicapped by negative subjective commentary or scoring. Like some you tubers they are really in the business of getting clicks/viewers for profit and I don't blame them for that but all I want is a fair and balanced review and equal coverage. I like the Ike towing reviews and mileage loop reviews but the drag race is not one of practicality in my opinion.

I love my ICE vehicles but I'll do my part to help save this world for my kids, grandkids and their kids...sacrifice for the future.
Save them from what??? Natural temperature cycles that have been going on since the creation of the earth?
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:20 PM   #18
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 02-09-2023 at 02:28 AM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 07:23 PM   #19
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Save them from what??? Natural temperature cycles that have been going on since the creation of the earth?
Fact...
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 03:18 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
A simple battery re-set and they make a 30 min video on it.

The only thing I learned was where the hood release and battery are.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:52 PM   #21
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
A simple battery re-set and they make a 30 min video on it.

The only thing I learned was where the hood release and battery are.
Roman caused that whole issue by doing a reset while sitting in traffic instead of turning around and going back to the dealership in a safe manner, it was only a steering rack error alarm to begin with which directed him to the dealership not a drive issue. I would never do a reset on my computer if I'm in the middle of doing work especially if its not backed up/saved.

Its hard to be a GM fan and watch the numerous tfl channels when it comes to any GM product reviews with the exception of the new guy who did the BlackWing reviews.
Old 10-15-2022, 01:54 PM   #22
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
based
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote