Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-04-2022, 12:01 PM   #15
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymongrel View Post
I have my Camaro back from the dealer now. Im not really happy with my experience. They refused to fix the cloth that is coming off on the ceiling saying that I have to take it back to the dealer that I bought it from (1 hour drive away because they had allocations). Stating that they are most likely responsible for the cloth coming off and are the ones that need to pay for the repair. They didn't fix my speaker rattle because they couldn't replicate it, even though I showed them the issue. The squeak on cold start from the fuel pump (that is very loud) is "within spec" so they won't fix that.

What really makes me angry about all of this is that they told me they "reset" the transmission as a solution for the problems. 1.) A manual trans doesn't have a TCM and doesn't need reset like an automatic 2.)it shifts the same and still makes the sound. The invoice that they gave me listed a GM bulletin "gm 99-04-20-002m" which the dealer made no mention of on pickup. They just left it there for me to find and figure out on my own. It talks about why this trans may clunk and why its normal. To me its just another excuse from GM to not have to pay to fix a mass issue with their transmissions.

So now I have to buy cloth glue and take my door panel off to just take care of things myself. As for the squeak and clunk, I'm just going to drive it and enjoy the car unless something catastrophically fails, which I'm guessing is the only time I can get any actual warranty service done.

Thanks,
J
This dealership experience sucks indeed.

Just as a side note, be careful if you ever let a service dept replace your sagging headliner, because the replacement procedure calls for removing and then re-attaching the front windshield (this is the only way to get the headliner into and out of the car unbroken), you don't want inexperienced techs mess that up.

The low side fuel pump primes pretty loudly in these cars compared to others, I'm not sure that is actually a problem.

Many door speaker rattles can be fixed simply by applying pieces of foam or thick double sided tape near or at door panel clips, and a similar workaround can be used with all the speakers.

Can't speak to your M6 transmission as I have the A8, but hopefully a different service department can fix the gear selection problem, based on other people's M6 experience it clearly sounds abnormal.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual, question, transmision