Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #15
TRich2SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
A lot of hate on here for high end exhaust companies lately. We are lucky to have multiple high end options available. I am not going to make any anatomical comparison to opinions, but yea, they are.

To me, the biggest bummer of the whole exhaust debate is that the stock exhaust with NPP already sounds so good, I hate to tear it off and go aftermarket in the first place. If I did, this would probably be it though.

-Geoff
What you call hate any reasonable person is calling an opinion. Companies need to price things at a point where the customer sees the value and the cost at an equivalent value. I think most reasonable people would say the value in a axle back is not worth more than what you can pay for an entire cat back system or a header setup which will actually net you power instead of just sound. I don't think anyone is arguing about the quality of the systems, but as many people stated already its an axle back. How much "quality" can really go into an axle back to demand such a premium price?
TRich2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #16
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRich2SS View Post
What you call hate any reasonable person is calling an opinion. Companies need to price things at a point where the customer sees the value and the cost at an equivalent value. I think most reasonable people would say the value in a axle back is not worth more than what you can pay for an entire cat back system or a header setup which will actually net you power instead of just sound. I don't think anyone is arguing about the quality of the systems, but as many people stated already its an axle back. How much "quality" can really go into an axle back to demand such a premium price?
agreed. this pricing is out of control....they arent even trying to hide the fact that they are taking advantage anymore. lol
Old 08-18-2017, 04:43 PM   #17
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
The best deal is GM's stock NPP for $899.00 installed out the door.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:31 PM   #18
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
So I am not reasonable now? Is that your opinion? Because I see an opinion about me and I read that as a personal attack. You want to call it an opinion, that is fine, but when it turns into judgements on people, than I call it "hate".

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:35 PM   #19
TRich2SS

Quote:
So I am not reasonable now? Is that your opinion? Because I see an opinion about me and I read that as a personal attack. You want to call it an opinion, that is fine, but when it turns into judgements on people, than I call it "hate".

-Geoff
Its funny because if you read what I actually wrote, I said that any reasonable person can see that what we wrote are simply opinions. The term "hate" as you used it means people are posting unreasonable comments about a topic not based on fact but on their biased dislike. Not one person here was hating on Corsa's simply because they don't like Corsa... If you think what we wrote was anything other than a reasonable opinion then yes, you are unreasonable. Nothing in what I wrote was a judgement on you. The funny thing is you are the one who was being judgmental by calling people haters. Our original opinions didn't have anything to do with you. Maybe if you lost your victim mentality you could clearly see that. Jeezus...
Old 08-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #20
SomeGeoffGuy

Quote:
Its funny because if you read what I actually wrote, I said that any reasonable person can see that what we wrote are simply opinions. The term "hate" as you used it means people are posting unreasonable comments about a topic not based on fact but on their biased dislike. Not one person here was hating on Corsa's simply because they don't like Corsa... If you think what we wrote was anything other than a reasonable opinion then yes, you are unreasonable. Nothing in what I wrote was a judgement on you. The funny thing is you are the one who was being judgmental by calling people haters. Our original opinions didn't have anything to do with you. Maybe if you lost your victim mentality you could clearly see that. Jeezus...
Your opinion is that I am unreasonable and have a victim mentality. But its not hate speech, because it is your opinion? lol

"What a ripoff....$1700?!?!? for 2 mufflers and some bent piping and 4 tips? what a joke. They are starting to take clear advantage lol" or "Corsa makes good products but knows nothing on how to price this stuff." = Hate speech in my book. You put down someone because they don't agree with your opinion is hate speech. Just like you are putting me down because I don't agree with yours. Or putting down a vendor because you don't like their pricing.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, right? So feel free to call me a few more names because I don't agree with your opinions.

-Geoff
Old 08-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #21
TRich2SS

Quote:
Your opinion is that I am unreasonable and have a victim mentality. But its not hate speech, because it is your opinion? lol

"What a ripoff....$1700?!?!? for 2 mufflers and some bent piping and 4 tips? what a joke. They are starting to take clear advantage lol" or "Corsa makes good products but knows nothing on how to price this stuff." = Hate speech in my book. You put down someone because they don't agree with your opinion is hate speech. Just like you are putting me down because I don't agree with yours. Or putting down a vendor because you don't like their pricing.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion, right? So feel free to call me a few more names because I don't agree with your opinions.

-Geoff
The dictionary's definition of hate speech "Hate speech is speech which attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender."

Your definition of hate speech "Calling exhausts expensive".

I will say I do have to apologize for calling your unreasonable before. That term was completely inadequate in explaining how delusional you are.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #22
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
What has America come to when you can't go on a public forum and post your opinions about objects without someone claiming they are being victimized. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #23
SomeGeoffGuy

Quote:
The dictionary's definition of hate speech "Hate speech is speech which attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender."

Your definition of hate speech "Calling exhausts expensive".

I will say I do have to apologize for calling your unreasonable before. That term was completely inadequate in explaining how delusional you are.
Now I am delusional. Welcome to the future of America. If you don't agree, burn it down. Have fun at your Antifa rally.

-Geoff
Old 08-22-2017, 05:20 PM   #24
SomeGeoffGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
What has America come to when you can't go on a public forum and post your opinions about objects without someone claiming they are being victimized. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything.
I agree. No need to attack the suppliers who are trying to make a living. I think you get what you pay for with exhausts. Want the good stuff? Prepare to crack open that wallet.

-Geoff
Old 08-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #25
TRich2SS

Quote:
Now I am delusional. Welcome to the future of America. If you don't agree, burn it down. Have fun at your Antifa rally.

-Geoff
And the drama queen award goes to.......
Old 08-22-2017, 11:59 PM   #26
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'd love this setup, but as others have stated it's too rich for my blood.

I'll look elsewhere for my new exhaust.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:46 AM   #27
Black_FiFTY
Custom Black FiFTY

Drives: 2017 Black SS
Corsa does NOT make an NPP version
Old 08-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #28
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:

-Geoff
I really hope you are trolling right now lol.