Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-14-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
Navy Chief MoonsSS

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Question SLP Blackwing CAI problem...missing parts?

So my tuner ordered the blackwing cai kit for the SLP TVS2300 supercharger that I am having installed...and he tells me it doesn't come with the elbow/intake tube, and that he is having to contact SLP customer service...I'm thinking there must be some kind of mistake...or he's joking with me.

No he sends me pictures and it just came with the filter, heat shield, and the heat shield joint, but no elbow to hook up to the throttle body...so I got online and looked at slponline.com

Their website says that's the one for the supercharger...and so that's the one he ordered. I click on it and further Reading down the page in the description SLP says to "simply re-use your existing SLP Blackwing intake tube"

I don't understand...I mean I wouldn't be buying the blackwing cai for my supercharger if I already had one to "re-use"...or better yet I am not going to buy the N/A kit just to find out that elbow/intake tube won't fit because the throttle body is moved over for their supercharger...

Now my build is on hold until SLP can get this straightened out for me, (well really with my tuner) but jeez am I missing something here? How do I get just the elbow/intake tube for their supercharger if it isn't listed as an option on their website, OR in the kit they supposedly make specially for the SLP TVS 2300!!!!!

It's just really frustrating that this is the last thing for my build and it's already delayed me getting my car back for a few more days thus far, and it seems like it should be one of the easiest parts...

Anyone else have this experience?

Edit:
So the intake tube comes with their "complete kit" but I ordered the "tuner kit" because I upgraded fuel injectors and pulley...and I'm getting a custom tune.

So IMO they just need to add a section to there website that allows the ordering of just elbow/intake tube OR add it to the kit they sell labeled "for use with SLP TVS2300 supercharger"

Sigh....looks like the only way is to call them and wait. What a dumb problem to have...that again IMO isn't that hard to fix. I hope someone from SLP reads this...
SC (SLP TVS2300),
Black wing CAI (designed for SLP SC)
JRE super tensioner
Fuel system (ZL1pump/ADM control module/ID850 injectors)
wheels/tires
NGK TR7IX plugs
MSD wires
ZR1 3 bar map sensor
160° thermostat
Crank pin kit

Last edited by Navy Chief MoonsSS; 03-14-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Navy Chief MoonsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
Navy Chief MoonsSS

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Got the issue worked out...

So I called SLP and they told me they would sell me the plastic intake tube alone for $155.00...I declined as I already paid for their intake and my tuner told me he could get me a carbon fiber elbow for about the same price. (Didn't have to do this either)

I ended up not having to pay for anything luckily because my tuner had a Roto-Fab tube someone else didn't use. Only issue was it is blue and doesn't match the car...so he is powder coating it black for me.

I love the SLP supercharger but I am writing this to hopefully help others if they ever run into this issue.

-Ryan
SC (SLP TVS2300),
Black wing CAI (designed for SLP SC)
JRE super tensioner
Fuel system (ZL1pump/ADM control module/ID850 injectors)
wheels/tires
NGK TR7IX plugs
MSD wires
ZR1 3 bar map sensor
160° thermostat
Crank pin kit
Navy Chief MoonsSS is offline   Reply With Quote