Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

AWE Tuning

Old 07-02-2020, 11:03 AM   #1
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Ordering parts in Canada

Just wondering where any fellow Canadian's are ordering their OEM and aftermarket parts from ? Trying to avoid ordering from US just too costly and horrible shipping times. Particularly looking for the OEM smoked tail lights and third brake light as well as the Diode Sidemarkers.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:44 AM   #2
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
For OEM GM parts, Canadian sources are typically cheaper then buying from the US. GM does not simply add the exchange rate to the US prices. They have Canada specific pricing. On a few occasions, I've actually paid less in Canadian dollars than the US price. Check with local Chevy parts departments. If you're lucky, you'll find someone who will give you a discount. Also check Canadian online GM parts suppliers, although the shipping charges can get expensive.

For aftermarket parts coming from the US, crossborderpickups.ca may help. You're near Ottawa, so obviously picking up a package in the GTA doesn't help. But they can also forward the package within Canada which may still be cheaper than shipping direct from the US.
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
When you able to cross, I know Ogdensburg NY right across the boarder has a drop shipping addresses. Depends how big the parts are, on what’s feasible to deliver that way I imagine
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #4
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
For OEM GM parts, Canadian sources are typically cheaper then buying from the US. GM does not simply add the exchange rate to the US prices. They have Canada specific pricing. On a few occasions, I've actually paid less in Canadian dollars than the US price. Check with local Chevy parts departments. If you're lucky, you'll find someone who will give you a discount. Also check Canadian online GM parts suppliers, although the shipping charges can get expensive.

For aftermarket parts coming from the US, crossborderpickups.ca may help. You're near Ottawa, so obviously picking up a package in the GTA doesn't help. But they can also forward the package within Canada which may still be cheaper than shipping direct from the US.

Thanks for the info. I'm only about 90mins from Ogdensburg NY I know they provide a border pickup option there.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Old 07-02-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
When you able to cross, I know Ogdensburg NY right across the boarder has a drop shipping addresses. Depends how big the parts are, on what’s feasible to deliver that way I imagine
Thanks ya Ogdensburg has something called myusaddress I think.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:50 PM   #6
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
If not just go to Cornwall, there's a place in Messina called The Ship It Shop. I used to get everything sent there and then I was crossing the borders and paying the taxes. Really easy. And if you are lucky shipping is free within the US.

Hope the borders will open soon.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote