Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 02-27-2024, 10:56 AM   #1
midnight1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Track Insurance

Do any of you have an insurance or know of an insurance that can be bundled into daily driving and track insurance? Kinda like an all in one instead of needing to buy track insurance + pay for Geico (or whatever insurance you have)?
midnight1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 11:24 AM   #2
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
I use Lockton motorsports insurance, they are why Hagerty underwrites with.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:46 AM   #3
midnight1ss

Thanks! I see that it only covers if you car is not licensed or is stored + autox and track events. I hope there's another insurance that can do what I am looking for lol
Old 02-27-2024, 06:29 PM   #4
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
DM me for more assistance... they do both... my car is fully licensed... and I use Lockton for both AutoX and HPDE/Time Trial events... the site isn't the 'clearest' to navigate, happy to walk ya through at least my experiences.

Oh... I see your comment... you want to fully bundle everything under one policy... no, unfortunately haven't found an underwriter to do that.

Best regards,
Dave
Old 02-28-2024, 06:41 AM   #5
BoilerUP

Drives: Cadillac ATS-V
I think you're asking for the Holy Grail of automobile insurance...

I have found OnTrack Insurance to be the most reasonably priced track insurance available, from broker Steve Katz who tracks a GT3 Cup car, with many positive claim reviews online. Like a lot of track insurance, time trials are excluded.

1, 3, 6 event coverage available with a 10% discount for 3 events and 15% discount for 6 events, as well as available annual track coverage. For my ATS-V, with a value of $45k, an annual plan would be just over $3k which only made financial sense if I ran more than 12 HPDE events (not days, two-day events).

I'm not affiliated in any way, just a paying customer. You might consider giving Katz a ring and seeing if he can bundle something for you.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:31 PM   #6
midnight1ss

Thank you for providing that info. I’m definitely looking for the holy grail but you guys have given me great info.
Old 03-13-2024, 01:27 AM   #7
sab123

Drives: 2022 Camaro SS 1LE
I've heard of people filing claims and getting payouts from their regular insurance for crashes they had during HPDE events (the important part is that the event must be explicitly non-competitive "driver education"). I don't know what the insurance charged them for the next year :-)
sab123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:54 PM   #8
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by sab123 View Post
I've heard of people filing claims and getting payouts from their regular insurance for crashes they had during HPDE events (the important part is that the event must be explicitly non-competitive "driver education"). I don't know what the insurance charged them for the next year :-)
Maybe in the past, but not anymore. In Texas most normal car insurance policies now exclude any driving on a racing surface or something worded similarly and HPDEs fall under that. If you ask your insurer about track coverage expect a non renewal letter even though they will likely tell you it is not covered.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 07:33 AM   #9
Twizzty
$$$$...$$...$$$...$$$$...

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
Maybe in the past, but not anymore. In Texas most normal car insurance policies now exclude any driving on a racing surface or something worded similarly and HPDEs fall under that. If you ask your insurer about track coverage expect a non renewal letter even though they will likely tell you it is not covered.
This is exactly what happened to me with Progressive. Called and inquired what they covered for HPDE events(it was nothing BTW) and I thought the conversation went well as I was wording it as "driver education" and never actually admitted to doing it. Received a non renewal letter a month later and called the underwriters to see what happened and they would just say I'm not eligible for coverage anymore on this VIN, crazy.

Be careful!
2021 CX-5 Carbon Turbo AWD
Twizzty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 12:07 AM   #10
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizzty View Post
This is exactly what happened to me with Progressive. Called and inquired what they covered for HPDE events(it was nothing BTW) and I thought the conversation went well as I was wording it as "driver education" and never actually admitted to doing it. Received a non renewal letter a month later and called the underwriters to see what happened and they would just say I'm not eligible for coverage anymore on this VIN, crazy.

Be careful!
I wonder if they got a hold of your driving data with potentially the gps data showing you had been on a track. Just hypothesizing based on the recent info. Regarding GM’s selling/sharing of OnStar data to 3rd party vendors without the consumers consent.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote