#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 03-24-2024, 12:06 AM   #29
nikerret

Drives: 2014 Ford F-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So...any more personal experiences that anyone would like to share about this track?

I live roughly 45 minutes from this track. When I heard back in 2020 or 2021 that this track was going to be built I was shocked. I never thought there would be actual raceway like this built anywhere near me here in mid-Missouri.

Honestly, driving it would be a dream I'm sure (and I'd probably also be sick from nervous tension lol ) but I'm also a complete track newb with a basically stock 2016 Camaro SS. I'm not sure hitting up a track like this on stock tires (and not to mention I swapped out my brake pads for ones that don't dust as bad as the stock pads do) is a great idea and I'm not keen on buying track only tires and brakes for something I might do once. Then again if I do it once, good chance I may do it again.
I did my first HPDE event at Hallett, a couple of weeks ago. It’s a great first HPDE track. It’s not fast (I only got to around 108 MPH), but it’s got good turns and some hills. It’s short (1.7 miles), so it doesn’t take all day to learn the track. By the middle of the second session, I had a good handle on what the next turn was. The instructor I had was very good.

I’m putting Ozark on my list for the ends this season. I plan to hit up Hedge Hollow couple of times, Hallett a few more days, and Hastings at least once, before I go to Ozark. I want to really know my car, first.
1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate
nikerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:03 PM   #30
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikerret View Post
I did my first HPDE event at Hallett, a couple of weeks ago. It’s a great first HPDE track. It’s not fast (I only got to around 108 MPH), but it’s got good turns and some hills. It’s short (1.7 miles), so it doesn’t take all day to learn the track. By the middle of the second session, I had a good handle on what the next turn was. The instructor I had was very good.

I’m putting Ozark on my list for the ends this season. I plan to hit up Hedge Hollow couple of times, Hallett a few more days, and Hastings at least once, before I go to Ozark. I want to really know my car, first.
Cresson in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area is a blast if you get to run the 3.1-mile configuration. SCCA, Apex, The Drivers Edge all run the 3.1 a number of times per year. I enjoyed my one trip to Ozarks when it first opened. Due to work and family issues, I haven't made it outside of the Dallas area in the last year or so. The new G2 Motorsports Park (also about 3.1 miles) is a riot too. It has had limited openings thus far. Chin was there this weekend. I made Saturday but didn't get to go back on Sunday.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote