Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 09-10-2023, 09:19 AM   #1
ZLElvira
Waiting 4 A Point By!

Drives: 2020 ZLE, C8 Z06-Z07 2LT Carbon
Cool Trackday Alignment Gains for Road Atlanta!

I have to say I feel like an idiot for NOT doing the alignment sooner as I went to three different tracks, Atlanta Motorsports Park (more suited for a Miata than a ZLE), Barber Motorsports Park (finally got to open her up a bit but the blind hills with a bad alignment were Sketchy AF!) and my first run of Road Atlanta with a ZLE (I consider RA my "home track" with dozens of different cars and my best lap in a 1200whp Nissan GTR "street car" was a 1:30.9 lap).

If you have NOT done the alignment, DO IT! I ran the track day on a fresh set of Goodyear SC3Rs and had perfectly even wear across all four tires after 47 laps! Best previous trackday lap was a 1:40.3 and best lap a week later was a 1:36.2! There is a lot more in this car and my learning how to work with the nannies!

Old 09-15-2023, 01:04 PM   #2
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Great video

This place is fairly close to me

Hey how much would you estimate track insurance is for your Z ?
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 01:37 PM   #3
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
How much air pressure are you running when hot?
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 06:47 PM   #4
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
How much air pressure are you running when hot?
You wanna keep SC3Rs under 37 PSI hot. I aim for 35-36 and I'll come in to bleed off air when they hit 37. They get greasy 37+.

Weather dependent, I go out at 26 or 27 PSI cold. Gotta take it easy the first 3 laps to get heat in the tires. Otherwise, you'll burn through cold SC3R tires if you push too early. It's also super easy to spin on cold tires.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 08:41 PM   #5
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
You wanna keep SC3Rs under 37 PSI hot. I aim for 35-36 and I'll come in to bleed off air when they hit 37. They get greasy 37+.

Weather dependent, I go out at 26 or 27 PSI cold. Gotta take it easy the first 3 laps to get heat in the tires. Otherwise, you'll burn through cold SC3R tires if you push too early. It's also super easy to spin on cold tires.

I corded the inside of my right front at Putnam Park a few weeks back. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of pushing too hard too soon and too low of air pressure. Learned the hard way I guess.

In the late morning session they got up to 40 psi and seemed to do just fine. They didnt feel like they were rolling over in the turns like they did at 34 psi. The track wasnt real hot though.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, track alignment, zl1, zle