Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-27-2020, 11:00 PM   #1
ol_lefty_lo

Drives: 2016 2SS Summit White
ARH Long Kit to NPP - 2016 SS

Bought my car that had a muffler delete to some tips. Going with the ARH long kit that can connect to the stock suitcase, currently in search of suitcase. But not sure on length of pipe needed after suitcase to be able to reach the mid pipe. Does anybody know this answer? or am I not making sense? thanks to all for the assist.
ol_lefty_lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:46 AM   #2
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol_lefty_lo View Post
Bought my car that had a muffler delete to some tips. Going with the ARH long kit that can connect to the stock suitcase, currently in search of suitcase. But not sure on length of pipe needed after suitcase to be able to reach the mid pipe. Does anybody know this answer? or am I not making sense? thanks to all for the assist.
I believe the ARH long system has everything required to bolt right into the stock NPP. I am not 100% but I too have the stock NPP and was reading about their long system and that's what I understand about it.
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron07 View Post
I believe the ARH long system has everything required to bolt right into the stock NPP. I am not 100% but I too have the stock NPP and was reading about their long system and that's what I understand about it.
Aaron is correct. I had the full system. You have to cut the suitcase muffler pipes per ARH instructions...I used a reciprocal saw with a short blade.

It was ok for a while but I wanted it a little louder so I recently removed my suitcase muffler and swapped it out with an AWE Touring Axle-Back. It's all good now 👍
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 11:00 PM   #4
Dvs510

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ol_lefty_lo View Post
I get what ur sayin. I’m trying to figure out the same thing right now because I did an axle back.. gonna put my stock suitcase back on when I get the arh but like u said... where does the arh stop and will it work with where my pipes were cut before.. I was gonna call/email arh and see if they can give me any info. I’ll post it if I find out
Old 11-29-2020, 11:15 PM   #5
Dvs510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent K View Post
Aaron is correct. I had the full system. You have to cut the suitcase muffler pipes per ARH instructions...I used a reciprocal saw with a short blade.

It was ok for a while but I wanted it a little louder so I recently removed my suitcase muffler and swapped it out with an AWE Touring Axle-Back. It's all good now 👍
Do u remember where the cut line is or where the arh system stops?
I’m trying to figure out if it’s like an axle back install and u cut flush with rear suspension cross member.. knowing this will help me and op.. the pics are where mine is cut already
Name:  8F364F13-D57C-4AB8-9EE6-5D50F62906E1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  B76B6506-A68F-42E7-926A-880C9A6DF072.jpeg
Views: 301
Size:  106.2 KB

Name:  5FA8426C-00C0-4D39-AFE3-A6A19AFB9CB9.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  120.5 KB

Name:  C07841A2-5C5B-400C-96F3-CF0547ED4E8B.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  115.1 KB
Old 11-30-2020, 12:59 PM   #6
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
DVS510,

Note: Please refer to ARH instructions on where to cut.

Having said that, this is where I cut my suitcase muffler at. Referencing the seam, it's 9" of pipe length. It was actually longer than that. But I rather cut long than short because it's easier to trim it down later versus adding length back on.

Name:  20201130_120810.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  157.5 KB
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:11 PM   #7
Dvs510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent K View Post
DVS510,

Note: Please refer to ARH instructions on where to cut.

Having said that, this is where I cut my suitcase muffler at. Referencing the seam, it's 9" of pipe length. It was actually longer than that. But I rather cut long than short because it's easier to trim it down later versus adding length back on.

Attachment 1051704
I haven’t been able to find instructions on it.. I haven’t bought yet because not knowing measurements yet if I can do the full length or if I have to do the mid length.. looks like I’ll have to do the mid length tho since there’s only about 7-8” coming off my suitcase.. that means it will probly b about an inch gap between my suitcase pipe and where the arh ends... thank u for the info
Old 12-01-2020, 09:30 PM   #8
ol_lefty_lo

Drives: 2016 2SS Summit White
SO, finished install on the long kit. It does require almost to the crimped section of the pipe. The ARH long kit is designed to slip over the NPP pipes w/ a clamp and does require longer than I would say most Axlebacks would require. That is, if you choose to not have to weld the unit to your NPP muffler case. I wanted a clean non welded finish in case I did one day move towards a different axle back system, so I found an NPP with the stock pipes up to the crimped section to then fit onto the ARH long kit.

In short, I found that if you're questioning the length of pipe you actually need, you're probably going to be short, as it does require most of that first section.

I'll provide photos of where mine was cut to keep here as reference when lighting allows.

I just wanted to thank all of you that helped with this discussion!!
ol_lefty_lo is offline   Reply With Quote