Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Camaro vs Challenger

I was driving in "Mexico" minding my own business doing the speed limit, 75. Really, I was doing the speed limit.

A Challenger with CA plates was pulling up in the fast lane, doing at least 85-90.

He slowed down when he got next to me. I looked over and gave him the hit.

All of a sudden, he was multiple lengths behind me.

I slowed back down to the speed limit and he refused to pull up next to me again.

Smile, big smile.

Last edited by Vegas Bound; 10-06-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This was in Mexico right?
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:17 PM   #3
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
This was in Mexico right?

Of course.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #4
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
He probably tears up whenever he sees a Camaro now.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
charles71

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Happened to me the other day driving home from work. 12 hours shift so was not looking to play. Charger driver actually got mad at me so I say lets go 40 roll on a closed rd. It was priceless when his wife/girlfriend laughed at him and gave me the thumbs up. Lol
Livernois Stage II Heads & Cam, LS7 Lifters, Ported Intake & Throttle Body, Rotofab CAI, BBK High Flow Fuel Rail @ Guage, Eaton Tru Trac Posi with 3.91 gears, 1000 HP Axels, Kooks Long tubes & full Corsa Exhaust, GM Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 1.5" Lowering Springs, Strut Tower Brace, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, Apex reservoir relocation kit and air scoop.
charles71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:43 AM   #6
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
You didn't really provide enough info for anyone to give you props. Is this SS vs R/T, SS vs SRT8, SS vs SXT, LS vs Hellcat, LT vs 1320...? What kind of Camaro do you have and what mods do you have? What kind of Challenger did he have? Did it sound like he had an exhaust? What speed did you punch it at and how fast did you go up to? What trans did you both have? Oh and you can't tell what they are by the hood anymore because all trims have the Hellcat and Redeye hood option nowadays.

Provided you have the SS and you both have equal driving skills and the same trans and mods, the only Challengers that you'd be able to walk easily would be the R/T and anything below that. The SRTs and above should give you trouble. The Hellcat and above will burn you. That is if you have a SS. If you have FBO then a stock SRT should be about even. Trust me, those things (SRTs) are very fast and not to be underestimated.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:52 AM   #7
charles71

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
That's the issue. They all think they are driving a Hellcat and every Camaro they run up on is stock. I usually wont take the bait for an R/T unless they ask for it and this guy was begging for it.
Livernois Stage II Heads & Cam, LS7 Lifters, Ported Intake & Throttle Body, Rotofab CAI, BBK High Flow Fuel Rail @ Guage, Eaton Tru Trac Posi with 3.91 gears, 1000 HP Axels, Kooks Long tubes & full Corsa Exhaust, GM Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 1.5" Lowering Springs, Strut Tower Brace, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, Apex reservoir relocation kit and air scoop.
charles71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:11 AM   #8
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
You didn't really provide enough info for anyone to give you props. Is this SS vs R/T, SS vs SRT8, SS vs SXT, LS vs Hellcat, LT vs 1320...? What kind of Camaro do you have and what mods do you have? What kind of Challenger did he have? Did it sound like he had an exhaust? What speed did you punch it at and how fast did you go up to? What trans did you both have? Oh and you can't tell what they are by the hood anymore because all trims have the Hellcat and Redeye hood option nowadays.

Provided you have the SS and you both have equal driving skills and the same trans and mods, the only Challengers that you'd be able to walk easily would be the R/T and anything below that. The SRTs and above should give you trouble. The Hellcat and above will burn you. That is if you have a SS. If you have FBO then a stock SRT should be about even. Trust me, those things (SRTs) are very fast and not to be underestimated.
Thank you. I was just to lazy to type all that. And don’t forget the X factor which is...are ya really sure the other guy knows you were racing?
Old 10-01-2019, 10:33 AM   #9
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:

Nice novel. Look at my signature line. Does it look like I am stock. And I wasn't racing. He pulled up on me, he took the hit and I smoked him. End of story.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #10
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Nice novel. Look at my signature line. Does it look like I am stock. And I wasn't racing. He pulled up on me, he took the hit and I smoked him. End of story.
Don't get cocky kid. I can't tell a thing based on your sig. Except that you're trying to be secretive for some reason. The only thing I can guess is that you have a Camaro and you smoked a Challenger but you weren't racing. For all I know it could have been a V6 Challenger. So congrats on your ambiguous win/not win in your race/non-race in your Camaro against a Challenger. Good job.

BTW, I raced a 17 SRT8 Challenger in my bone stock 17 ZL1. Although we punched it a different times (he got the jump) I still managed to catch him. His car had impressive acceleration nonetheless. I also raced a RT CHallenger back when I had a FBO 2010 2SS/RS M6 trans. He got the jump on me but I hawked him down by the end of the track. He ran a 13.7 to my 12.8. THAT is how you tell a story. YOUR story is "I drove my Camaro and beat a guy in a Challenger". And your sig is "2013 Sparkly Red One" and "Lots of bolt on stuff". These days "bolt on stuff" could mean mud flaps, vinyl wrap, a wicker bill, a cold air intake, and an axle-back exhaust. Excuse me for not knowing if you meant you have a blower on a built engine pushing 15 psi of boost and raced some guy in a 5.7 L Challenger...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:45 PM   #11
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Don't get cocky kid. I can't tell a thing based on your sig. Except that you're trying to be secretive for some reason. The only thing I can guess is that you have a Camaro and you smoked a Challenger but you weren't racing. For all I know it could have been a V6 Challenger. So congrats on your ambiguous win/not win in your race/non-race in your Camaro against a Challenger. Good job.

BTW, I raced a 17 SRT8 Challenger in my bone stock 17 ZL1. Although we punched it a different times (he got the jump) I still managed to catch him. His car had impressive acceleration nonetheless. I also raced a RT CHallenger back when I had a FBO 2010 2SS/RS M6 trans. He got the jump on me but I hawked him down by the end of the track. He ran a 13.7 to my 12.8. THAT is how you tell a story. YOUR story is "I drove my Camaro and beat a guy in a Challenger". And your sig is "2013 Sparkly Red One" and "Lots of bolt on stuff". These days "bolt on stuff" could mean mud flaps, vinyl wrap, a wicker bill, a cold air intake, and an axle-back exhaust. Excuse me for not knowing if you meant you have a blower on a built engine pushing 15 psi of boost and raced some guy in a 5.7 L Challenger...
Hey man lay off...dude says he’s got a 10 second car with lots of bolt on stuff then who are we to argue?
Old 10-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #12
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:

Lots of bolt on stuff
1.36 60'
6.29 1/8 mile

TBD 1/4 mile
Old 10-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #13
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
Hey man lay off...dude says he’s got a 10 second car with lots of bolt on stuff then who are we to argue?

Under the right conditions, high 9 second isn't out of the question.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:53 PM   #14
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote