Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #1
Boomers18ZL1

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 6MT
Dealerships aren’t always right. Take your car to a reputable shop like CSP

I bought my car last March from CarSense in Pa with 2900 miles. (Clean Car Fax) Traded in a 2019 Dodge Challenger Scatpak which I bought new. The ZL1 was amazing from the first test drive. The handling the power is amazing. Two days after I had a Borla Atak Catback exhaust put on. It sounded good but something was not right. I had a balance of factory warranty and 3 year bumper to bumper from CarSense. It has been at Chevrolet twice and CarSense once all telling me car was good. I decided to get the mods from CSP and what they found is shocking. Pieces of wood, wire harnesses hooked up backwards, and burnt and who knows what else they will find. So if your butt dyno is telling you something is wrong and the dealer will not listen to you find a reputable shop and get a second, third, or fourth opinion. It’s easy to gripe and complain about how long a shop has your car. I owe the biggest thank you to Andrew, Alex, and the rest of the guys and gals at CSP For not pushing my car through. I don’t know what else is wrong with the car but I can tell you I have no doubt my car will run rightwhen they are done. Sorry this is on a new thread but I am new to the car modding world and I want to make sure everyone knows that nobody will touch my car but those guys. Be patient with the reputable shops working on your car....they are the experts.
Boomers18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Yea, I really like the guys at CSP, wish they were closer to me. Andrew seems awesome. Hope you didn't miss his 3+ hour Youtube live stream Friday night where he answered all questions that were thrown at him. Its worth watching again if you weren't a part of it Friday.

Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
3 out of 3 local Chevy dealers couldn’t even change the rear tires on my 18 SS, I don’t trust them with a wheelbarrow at this point, let alone a 650 hp supercharged muscle car.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:07 PM   #4
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
22 years experience as a new car service advisor. Technicians are paid strictly commission. Warranty repairs pay about 40-60% of what a customer pay comparable job would pay. They will do anything and everything to blow out a warranty job to get to the next customer pay job. Once in a while you might get lucky and find one who doesn't. Typically he's real new and hasn't picked up on what everyone else is doing. Many warranty jobs end up paying nothing due to technicalities or not dotting your I's and crossing your T's.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 09:28 PM   #5
Boomers18ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
3 out of 3 local Chevy dealers couldn’t even change the rear tires on my 18 SS, I don’t trust them with a wheelbarrow at this point, let alone a 650 hp supercharged muscle car.
During one of my visits they did a recall on a wiring harness on the passenger side. Never put the light back in the socket. Ended up breaking the bulb. And they refused to pay it. Had I not sent the car to CSP I probably would have had to trade the car in. I will never by non certified used car again. Hope when I get it back the car will be better than new.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:30 PM   #6
Boomers18ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Yea, I really like the guys at CSP, wish they were closer to me. Andrew seems awesome. Hope you didn't miss his 3+ hour Youtube live stream Friday night where he answered all questions that were thrown at him. Its worth watching again if you weren't a part of it Friday.

I was able to watch from work but couldn’t get involved too much. It was awesome of him to do that.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:18 PM   #7
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Not one service person at my local dealership can answer any question on a PDR and they've been selling vettes and Camaros for a gazillion years
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 10:31 PM   #8
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
My car had the service TSB(Even when they told me it didn't, I said check anyway I knew it did because it was in the production numbers vin), on the right passenger side due to the wire harness rub ordeal, I wasn't having any issues, but was just interested. Anyway there where a bunch of service technicians and youngsters around watching when I pulled in, the Atak mufflers and CAI I'm sure were sounding good, I could tell they were all waiting for me to leave the car, I changed my mind and since I do all my on work, I went to a part store and purchased the clear door edge guards, and clear super glue. Loosen the wire harness, trimmed strips, layed glue and put the clear strips on. The harness is protected, and no one worked on it but me, and no one took it for a hard test drive ! ��
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:19 AM   #9
Boomers18ZL1

Quote:

I was able to watch from work but couldn’t get involved too much. It was awesome of him to do that.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #10
Boomers18ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomers18ZL1 View Post
During one of my visits they did a recall on a wiring harness on the passenger side. Never put the light back in the socket. Ended up breaking the bulb. And they refused to pay it. Had I not sent the car to CSP I probably would have had to trade the car in. I will never by non certified used car again. Hope when I get it back the car will be better than new.
That is the same thing that happened to me. They broke the headlight then denied it.
Old 12-01-2020, 08:48 PM   #11
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:

Yep, I watched it!! I have been following Andrew from day 1 when he first bought his 2018 ZL1. I always have enjoyed watching his video's!!
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:29 AM   #12
Yves ZL1

Drives: Canadian 2019 BLACK ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL View Post
Yep, I watched it!! I have been following Andrew from day 1 when he first bought his 2018 ZL1. I always have enjoyed watching his video's!!
Great work and like their vidéos ... everything seems to be easy... not like in France ...
What a pity he sold his zl1... and now hé drives à super super supercharged c8...
Yves ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 04:10 AM   #13
Boomers18ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yves ZL1 View Post
Great work and like their vidéos ... everything seems to be easy... not like in France ...
What a pity he sold his zl1... and now hé drives à super super supercharged c8...
I would of bought it if I knew he was selling it.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:39 PM   #14
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomers18ZL1 View Post
I would of bought it if I knew he was selling it.
Not to high jack your post, but did you see the vid of the new owner of the TreeL1? with the car at his house?
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote