Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-30-2020, 06:21 AM   #141
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Great thread! Thanks OP!

While I pointed out the C&D interior criticisms, I also think they went too far. To me the 5th gen interior was more attractive, almost show car, but the materials were bargain basement. The 6th gen upped the materials a notch, but missed the styling mark. I especially don't like the '69 nacelle bumps right in front of me. But it is a great spot for a shift light!

The usability or ergonomics of the interior overall is not up to a normal car or even what we might expect in a $25,000 car. But I think those sacrifices were worth it to give the Camaro the best chassis of the muscle cars and other "Sports" cars. And the drivers interior all Camaros have.

Chevy gave us a real sports car with a Chevy small block that makes more power than the revered LS6. I am a fan. It definitely is a drivers car. Kudos Chevy.

"But it’s the powertrain that truly allows the Camaro to pull away from the Mustang. It might be the waning days for big-displacement, naturally aspirated V-8s, but we’d be happy to drive this small-block into the sunset."

Last edited by Fraxum; 11-30-2020 at 06:34 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:45 AM   #142
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
I just absolutely love the interior of my 2SS. The layout is ergonomic perfection, as far as I am concerned. The placement of the various controls, switches/buttons, infotainment screen, etc... Everything just feels right. I perfect the minimalistic approach without huge tablet screens in my line of sight, relying on touch screens for everything and pulling that off with a modern, clean approach. It was a big selling point for me when I was shopping around and especially compared to the Mustang which had a horrid interior compared.

Keep in mind, I am also 6'6" and head space and leg room is hard to come by in any car. I have inches above my head in the Camaro and I can legit stretch my legs out completely straight in front of me in the drivers seat (at least my left leg inbetween the brake pedal and the false pedal/footrest). Which is quite awesome for a quick stretch on long drives.

But in general, I am extremely comfortable in the Camaro. My only gripe would be perhaps the bottom seat cushion is a touch narrow (at least for me). If the seat was 1-2" wider it would be great, as my legs kind of land on the bottom bolstering. But perhaps as the seats break in more I will hardly notice in time. On a side note, I also really, really dig the Bose audio system. I personally think its the best factory audio system I have come by.

I think the materials are really nice as well (I know the SS has more soft touch materials and such compared to lower lines). I never once have thought that anything feels 'cheap' or anything. It's not luxury, but IMO perfectly splendid

But big thumbs up from me for the interior... Add in all the other tidbits as well (engine, suspension, styling, etc...) and it's just a phenomenal car, inside and out.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #143
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Interestingly, I have received nothing but compliments on my 2SS interior in person so far. To me it represents a near perfect balance between features, character and price.

Yeah, it would be nice to have less hard plastic (although the 2SS /ZL1 is definitely better than lower trims), a bit more visibility tech such as 360 and front cameras, or perhaps a fully digital dash—but the seating position, the flat bottom steering wheel, the HUD, the entire ambience as a sports car interior that engulf the driver and passenger, plus those nice little things such as the vent ring temp controls or heated/ventilated seats more than make up for the shortcomings. I paid less than $45k for my 2SS new, added about $15k worth of power, handling and esthetics, and for this much it's absolutely badass, including the interior.

Just my 2 cents' worth.
When I was comparing the Camaro 2SS to the Mustang GT with GT Performance Package, the interior was one of the things that swayed me to the Camaro 2SS. The Mustang interior reminded me too much of the Focus. I wasn't impressed at all. Especially on a $50K+ car.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #144
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I think most reviews of the Camaro interior are overblown.
I have to agree with this, and since it's a subjective matter with little in the way of universally agreed-upon standards I don't think it'll ever amount to more than opinion. Don't think it can, and overblown reviews certainly aren't limited to the Camaro.

Since this is all about opinion, to me the never-ending editorial remarks about "hard plastic everywhere" comes off as whining solely for the sake of finding something to whine about. Can't be too close to 100% complimentary and sound like a company shill, y'know. Personally, I think those magazine reviewers should be sentenced to a few months of riding only in cars with painted steel panels overlaid on all the plastic. Maybe then they'd discover that firm plastic isn't as bad as they keep making it out to be.

Norm
Old 12-01-2020, 10:28 PM   #145
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have no complains about my 6th generation Camaro interior except the center console doesn't have a lock and is rather small because I keep a pistol in it at all times.

I didn't buy the car for the interior, the 2ss. I bought it for the engine. It's a used 2016, but even if it was a 1SS I would have still bought the car if it was a great deal.

I was going to go with a used 1ss but the 2ss I found was a great deal, about what a 1ss was going for used around here.

Now if I had lots of cash and was going to buy a new Camaro, then YES I would get a fully loaded 2ss to have all the comforts and besides, most cars on the dealer lot are fully loaded 2ss.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #146
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Now if I had lots of cash and was going to buy a new Camaro, then YES I would get a fully loaded 2ss to have all the comforts and besides, most cars on the dealer lot are fully loaded 2ss.
Get the 2SS because you want to buy a fully loaded car.

Not because that's what the dealers want to sell to you.

Norm
Old 12-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #147
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Get the 2SS because you want to buy a fully loaded car.

Not because that's what the dealers want to sell to you.

Norm

Exactly why I wanted the LT1, fully loaded means more issues WRT electronics, etc. Plus, I rarely used the 'fully loaded' features of my previous car. LT1 seems the perfect compromise, I got the 2 options I wanted, and the engine I wanted. Nothing else. Would be nice to have the Blind spot and safety stuff, but not worth another 10-15k.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #148
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Exactly why I wanted the LT1, fully loaded means more issues WRT electronics, etc. Plus, I rarely used the 'fully loaded' features of my previous car. LT1 seems the perfect compromise, I got the 2 options I wanted, and the engine I wanted. Nothing else. Would be nice to have the Blind spot and safety stuff, but not worth another 10-15k.
Agreed. Why I bought a base 1SS A10. The price I paid was a joke. Barely more than an LT1. I would only do cloth seats so a 2SS was out of the question to begin with. Where I live heated/cooled seats are a complete waste as well as our dual climate controls. I drive with the windows down all year (or partially down).

Last edited by Staves; 12-02-2020 at 09:56 AM.
Staves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:50 AM   #149
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
That's the downside on how cars are built now, with option groups as sort of an all or nothing thing. Dual zone climate control and heated/cooled seats were a must for me, but I agree with you I didn't need or want the blind spot monitoring or worse, the stupid B(L)ose stereo. Yet I had to take it (and pay for it) on the 2SS to get the dual zone climate control and heated/cooled seats.

Honestly, if dual zone climate and heated cloth seats were standard on the LT1 or 1SS that would have been fine with me. Heck there's cars costing less than the Camaro that have had dual zone climate as standard equipment across all trim levels for the last 5 years.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:56 AM   #150
Crushin_LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
That's the downside on how cars are built now, with option groups as sort of an all or nothing thing. Dual zone climate control and heated/cooled seats were a must for me, but I agree with you I didn't need or want the blind spot monitoring or worse, the stupid B(L)ose stereo. Yet I had to take it (and pay for it) on the 2SS to get the dual zone climate control and heated/cooled seats.

Honestly, if dual zone climate and heated cloth seats were standard on the LT1 or 1SS that would have been fine with me. Heck there's cars costing less than the Camaro that have had dual zone climate as standard equipment across all trim levels for the last 5 years.

You know, I never really used the dual zone on previous cars that had it, I do miss seat heaters, but thats not really an issue with cloth seats as much.

I do like the Bose stereo+larger screen though, that and NPP were my 2 requirements apart form 6.2l+6spd.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:02 AM   #151
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
You know, I never really used the dual zone on previous cars that had it
Try dating a girl who freezes when it's below 80 degrees..... you'll appreciate dual zone climate control for sure then
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:05 AM   #152
Crushin_LT1

Quote:
Try dating a girl who freezes when it's below 80 degrees..... you'll appreciate dual zone climate control for sure then

Ahh you're in Ohio, here in Balmy VA it stays warm and humid until December and heats back up in March.

We don't have a real winter, just a weird late autumn, early spring hybrid. Otherwise it is hot/humid! We get about 4 weeks of reasonable weather (75, low humidity) a year (mid-november and again early march).
Old 12-02-2020, 10:54 AM   #153
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
I like the memory seat w/easy exit a lot, personally. Makes opening the door in tight spots a lot easier.
Quote:

A dead horse at this point, but there is a reason that very few manufacturers do individual options anymore.

Porsche still does it, and their configuration website is honestly one of the best ways to kill time for a car nut, and 2 or 3 of their options will cost the same as a package on a Camaro.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #154
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
I'm so sensitive to having a perfect interior that I pulled the back seat yesterday. Exhaust sounds even better!
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote