Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 12-03-2023, 06:53 AM   #211
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I've ran the Hotchkis front and BMR rear bar with my 305 square setup on track for 3 years and never had any issues. I also recommend the BMR adjustable end links over others.
Old 12-03-2023, 09:36 AM   #212
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by h018871 View Post
Good news Matt
Do you have the part number for the bushing kit to order from Hotchkis? Both I and Phastek have been trying to contact Hotchis without success.
I don't have a Hotchkis part number for the bushings or bracket, sorry. I didn't even exchange emails with them - I literally just called and told them what I wanted and they sent it - so there's no written record to look back at. I can tell you the part number for the whole front swaybar kit: 22118F. What you'd want is the bushing and bracket set that comes with that bar. I can also tell you that the number stamped into the bushing itself is 5637. That might be enough to call Energy Suspension and get them to track down which bushings these are, as well as the brackets that go with them. However, I doubt they will have brackets with the little gussets welded in.

A strange thing: I was trying to go to the Hotchkis website to pull up the page for this bar, and all their product pages are basically blank all of a sudden. That makes me wonder if they've gone out of business, which may explain why you couldn't reach them on the phone. Because when I called them, they answered right away and were very helpful.

Quote:
As an aside, the energy suspension PN for the BMR bracket/bushing is 9.5172R (red) or 9.5172G (black). I've not had any issues with the BMR set on my rear bar other than the bushing is too big for the bracket. The bottom, flat, needs to be cut down slightly or washers added between the mounting bracket and frame. No failure of the bushing material to date.
It's an oddly shaped bushing with the corners of the flat base cut off for some reason. I think that plus the flimsy strap-style bracket makes it too flimsy for use with higher-than-stock bar rates up front.

Quote:
Would you post a link to the other thread you reference?
Aftermarket Front Sway Bar Bushings.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:22 PM   #213
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Thank you Matt!