Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #141
pabex

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5 View Post
The Husky Liners X-Act Contour Floor Liners are application specific. And, yes, that is correct: the floor liners should be placed over the carpeting and not any preexisting floor mat.
So I just pick my car on their website and thats it right?
pabex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #142
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabex View Post
So I just pick my car on their website and thats it right?
Yes. I ordered mine from Summit Racing (free shipping on orders over $99), however.
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:25 PM   #143
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Congrats on the car. I would take Arpan's advice on the rock guards, they are a must. And to be honest, not even that noticeable.

Also, I drive all day every day without a front plate.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:59 AM   #144
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Hey pabex, welcome to the wonderful wacky world of Camaro SS ownership. I'm obviously a bit late to this thread, so a lot of what I would've / could've helped you with has already been covered. But here are my thoughts anyway. Congrats on the awesome looking ride.

Quote:
Thats the only explanation I could find for the one I saw. 10k miles in 4 years is impossible to be daily driven. I dont even drive that much but I put 31k miles in 3 years on my grand cherokee. Unfortunately, I dont have luxury to not DD this camaro so Ill be putting on as many miles in a year probably. Hopefully all goes well, thanks to all of you for your input once again, this forum is very helpful!
My current daily driver is a 2012 Cadillac SRX that I bought in 2018 from the original owner. Had 17k on it. It was her daily driver. Needless to say, she didn't have far to drive every day Didn't need Carfax for this one. The original owner was my mom. When she decided she was getting a new car, I told her "you are NOT trading that one in."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Regarding the whistling, is the driver window coming all the way up after you close the door? Note that when you open the door,the window automatically goes down just a scoshe to make it easier to close then goes the rest of the way up after you close it. There is a way to re-index the window if it is misbehaving.

FWIW, I own a 2016 2SS fairly loaded with about 18k miles. I have not noticed any whistling.

Forgive me if you already know this, but one thing you definitely want to do with a Camaro is work really hard to adjust the mirrors properly so you get the best possible views for lane changes. This video explains it well:

https://youtu.be/KwzUE6PHk4U
The mirror setting tip is golden. I've been setting my mirrors like that for over 20 years. Now when I drive someone else's car or one of the press cars that we get in our office, I absolutely have to change them to this arrangement.

Quote:
Hey guys, I picked up a car and drove hour and a half back. Okay so just a little concern which im nit sure about but the car might have the shudder at around 60-70mph. I still have powertrain warranty and plus this dealer gave me 6 months powertrain warranty, so just in case it has it, chevy covers that right? I would just go to chevy as I rather have them have it done. once again im not sure if thats what shudder is but I did a bit of vibration when I applied little gas at 60-70 mph but only sometimes so idk.
GM Powertrain warranty is longer than the car's Bumper-to-Bumper warranty. It is 60 months / 60,000 miles. You're not even close on any of those measures. Besides, since the shudder issue is known and covered by a TSB, dealers will cover it anyway because they know GM will pay them for it.

Quote:
Ill definitely consider that once I move onto cold air intake. So far first on to-do list is tints and after that a blackout kit for my taillights and other lights around the car, just like arpad said! Also do you guys have any recommendation on front/rear dashcam and radar detector? I am also looking for those two and cant decide which ones are good ones haha
My mods are in my signature line, including my choice of dashcam. I started with a ThinkWare F750 with front and rear cameras. I recently upgraded to a ThinkWare Q800 Pro. Love it. But there are a lot of good products to choose from. ThinkWare does good stuff. So does BlackVue. You'll likely hear a lot of recommendations for both.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #145
pabex

Thanks for you reply brother? Also are you sure q800 pro comes with rear cam cuz one I checked only has front cam
Old 12-04-2019, 11:16 AM   #146
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Thanks for you reply brother? Also are you sure q800 pro comes with rear cam cuz one I checked only has front cam
It's available both ways. I have front & rear. Costs $99 more.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #147
pabex

Oh okay thanks! Anything you would recommend from best buy's website? Just easier since I work there
Old 12-06-2019, 06:42 PM   #148
pabex

If anyone is wondering, I got my trans flushed today with the dealer and the shudder is completely gone(praying it stays that way)!
Old 12-06-2019, 08:54 PM   #149
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Glad to hear that pabex! Now you can put your mind at ease!��
Old 12-06-2019, 09:10 PM   #150
pabex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Glad to hear that pabex! Now you can put your mind at ease!��
Yepp! They found it very quickly and were very helpful. Also installed some all-season tires (couldnt afford winter tires), instead of factory summer tires so little bit less scared to drive around now haha!
Old 12-06-2019, 10:06 PM   #151
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I definitely understand about the tires! Good deal.��
Old 12-10-2019, 03:57 PM   #152
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Sorry to sort of hijack your thread pabex, but thought I'd post about my new acquisition! Some interesting takes on price points, so I'll just say I paid $33.5k for mine and I think it was a fair price! I have the original window sticker and it was $54,545 MSRP.

Thanks to all who've expanded on the A8 shudder issue, didn't know anything about it and when the car comes out of storage in late April, it's going straight into the dealer for the service bulletin fix! Also found an answer to the start-up roar on this forum...can silence it if left in stealth mode prior to last shutdown, or selecting it from acces-on-only prior to start.

Now for the details and pics ('cause apparently everyone likes pics!):

2016 2SS Vert. Every option except one of the specialty interiors. A8, MRC, DME (or NPP I guess?), Nav, Split spokes, and Rally stripes. And wait for it...
1880 total miles...that's not a typo! The ONLY blemish on this car are two small dings on the RF rim right at the edge by the tire. It seriously looks like it just rolled off the line in Lansing, inside and out, top and bottom!

Delivered new in Oct '16 to someone who drove it only in the summers and clearly garaged it full time. I was told he traded it in on a Beamer.

Anyway, enjoy the pics!
Attached Images

Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #153
pabex

Looks amazing!!!
Old 12-10-2019, 09:41 PM   #154
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Sorry to sort of hijack your thread pabex, but thought I'd post about my new acquisition! Some interesting takes on price points, so I'll just say I paid $33.5k for mine and I think it was a fair price! I have the original window sticker and it was $54,545 MSRP.

Thanks to all who've expanded on the A8 shudder issue, didn't know anything about it and when the car comes out of storage in late April, it's going straight into the dealer for the service bulletin fix! Also found an answer to the start-up roar on this forum...can silence it if left in stealth mode prior to last shutdown, or selecting it from acces-on-only prior to start.

Now for the details and pics ('cause apparently everyone likes pics!):

2016 2SS Vert. Every option except one of the specialty interiors. A8, MRC, DME (or NPP I guess?), Nav, Split spokes, and Rally stripes. And wait for it...
1880 total miles...that's not a typo! The ONLY blemish on this car are two small dings on the RF rim right at the edge by the tire. It seriously looks like it just rolled off the line in Lansing, inside and out, top and bottom!

Delivered new in Oct '16 to someone who drove it only in the summers and clearly garaged it full time. I was told he traded it in on a Beamer.

Anyway, enjoy the pics!
His loss is your gain This is quite a score, congrats, I'm sure you'll enjoy the beast the the fullest come March or April.

Since it's a 2016, did you make sure all applicable TSB's and software updates were done? If not, you might want to have the dealership perform all that's needed when you take her in next time.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#camaro #ss #2016