Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-13-2017, 06:07 AM   #15
Gilley

Drives: 16 Red Hot 2SS
Thanks for posting this.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:00 AM   #16
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Huge improvement!!
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:41 AM   #17
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackersFan26 View Post
Are those factory seat colors?? Those are sick!!
Yup, I have the same seats in mine
Old 03-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #18
PackersFan26

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Wow i regret not getting that interior color now. if anyone wants to miraculously swap for black, let me know. haha
PackersFan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:54 PM   #19
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
One of the best detailed write ups I have seen , awesome job and love the way it looks. Doing all that sound deadening is what you will find in some of the most expensive vehicles and adds to a amazing driving experience.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #20
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
One of the best detailed write ups I have seen , awesome job and love the way it looks. Doing all that sound deadening is what you will find in some of the most expensive vehicles and adds to a amazing driving experience.
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!! AWESOME write up and FANTASTIC results!!!!!!!!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #21
'Maro

Drives: 2016 2SS
Thanks guys! I figured while i was there, I could make it easier on anyone else looking for info about disassembling the interior.

I am very happy with the results. Now if this stupid snow storm would stop delaying my husky mats that would be great!
'Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:25 PM   #22
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Thank you for posting this! It is something that I want to do now too, especially with only a 23 lbs weight penalty. Any more thoughts on the difference in interior volume levels before/after?
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #23
'Maro

Drives: 2016 2SS
Alright. Since I was finally not flying everywhere for work, I was able to finish the doors.
I had read some info on here about a one time use high retention clip used on the door panels. So before beginning I ordered them from the dealer and had them in hand. Turns out, there is no one time use clip and I just wasted $9.
Anyway... there are 3 screws and 10 retention clips that attach the inner door panel to the steel door. The screws will require a 7mm socket to remove.

First remove the screw cover from behind the door handle. I used a small 90° pick. Its just clips onto the door.

Then you'll need to remove the door knee pad. There are 5 steel retention clips holding the pad on. A sharp, short jerk will dislodge the retainers exposing the 2nd bolt.

The 3rd bolt is visible without removing anything else. Its sits in a recess just above the small pocket in the lower rear corner of the door.

Again short, sharp jerks will dislodge the 10 retention clips holding the door panel to the steel door. There are 3 xmas tree fasteners holding the window seal onto the steel door. 2 are visible while the door is open, but the 3rd is only visible after dislodging the door panel.

I found that once the 10 retention clips and the 3 push fasteners are removed, I had to pull out and up to remove the window seal with the door panel. ( I did have the window down for this)
There will be a grey and black harness plug attached to the panel as well as the door handle cable. (at this point I put the window back up so I would be able to reach inside the door) The connectors will just unclip and the door handle cable has a very nice squeeze latch to remove it.

Now you'll see the door with a rubber/plastic dust cover. The cover is retained by a very sticky type glue/gel. sharp jerks will remove the cover while leaving the glue attached to the door panel.

I did find a small amount of factory deadener inside the doors.

I removed the front speakers to gain better access to the inner door. The speakers have 2 bolts on top with a spring clip in the center and a molded retainer on bottom.

Onto the good stuff!!

Since the window seal came out with the door in an awkward lifting/ twisting motion I decided it would be easier to reinstall the seal, then the panel. There are 6 clips the support the seal and retain it to the door panel. The clips sit in special pocket on the steel door and the window seal rests in them. The clips then just pop back into the door panel.

Seal installed

Now reinstall the dust cover. I uses the same roller for applying the sound deadener to roll the dust cover back onto the glue/gel adhesive. Don't forget to hook the speaker, door harness, and door latch back up before putting the panel back on!

Then snap the panel back on and reinstall the 3 retention bolts.

While I was there doing it all I decided to put a piece on the truck floor just behind the rear seat. 1 piece of the the deadener fit w/o cutting perfectly!

This adventure took considerably less time than the rest of the interior. I was in and out in roughly 4 hours this time. Again, I am extremely happy with the results. The door are so quiet you cannot hear the road/wind noise of cars next to you as you pass them. The door speakers also have a lot more low end bass then before. The only noise I now get in the cabin is through the dash. I can hear the tire noise from the front tires while the radio is off, but don't plan to do anything about it except turn the radio on and drown it out!
For the entire project I used 92sqft of deadener.
Would I do it again? - As a daily driver, absolutely!.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:27 PM   #24
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Do you have the part number for the carpet? Call me blind but I could not find it anywhere ....
DarkFangz1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:57 PM   #25
RSH

Drives: Chevy Camaro RS 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
Do you have the part number for the carpet? Call me blind but I could not find it anywhere ....
I think he used the same carpet. I’m looking for a replacement carpet and would love any suggestions
RSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 03:53 PM   #26
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Nice. I will likely do this.

I installed a sound deadening kit in my C6 Grand Sport and it makes a huge difference in interior noise.

How many square feet of the Noico did you use and what thickness?
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:03 PM   #27
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Looks great with the black carpet. The way it should’ve come from the factory. How much was the carpet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:24 PM   #28
ImmDanny

Drives: 2021 1SS, 1969 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
Nice. I will likely do this.

I installed a sound deadening kit in my C6 Grand Sport and it makes a huge difference in interior noise.

How many square feet of the Noico did you use and what thickness?
Not OP but he used 92 sqft and it was 50mil
ImmDanny is offline   Reply With Quote