Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 08-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #1
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Borla x pipe AFM delete and NPP delete SS A8

On my 2017 A8 I have NPP and looking to to get the Borla xpipe with AFM delete. I don't want to get a tune, will have a drone or should I get the with retaining the AFM? If AFM delete, can I just tie the solenoids up so they are still connected and not throw a code? I also plan on going to Borla ATAK and delete NPP. Thanks in advance.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #2
Bumblbee16

Drives: 2016 Yellow Camaro Ss
I believe AFM will throw code unless tuned out.
Bumblbee16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:35 PM   #3
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
EFI Tuning made AFM exhaust valve delete modules for a short while, but something happened that stopped him from producing them any further and I think he posted that people should just get a tune to disable them from throwing codes and pointed to a link on CorvetteForums on how to do it.

If you're not going to tune, you should consider biting the bullet and buying a midpipe with the AFM valves retained.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #4
stangs024

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
Not sure if this is abnormal but when I had my SW cat back with AFM delete put on I left the muffler shop, and a CEL popped while driving down the road. Took it back & they read the codes. I had 3, the only one I remember was P0420. Anyways they cleared the codes and I left. Next day the light came back on and stayed on for a few key cycles & then went off. This was about 3 months ago, the light hasn't come back on since & I never tuned the car
stangs024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
On my 2017 A8 I have NPP and looking to to get the Borla xpipe with AFM delete. I don't want to get a tune, will have a drone or should I get the with retaining the AFM? If AFM delete, can I just tie the solenoids up so they are still connected and not throw a code? I also plan on going to Borla ATAK and delete NPP. Thanks in advance.

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I've yet to find anyone else who tied up the AFM portion successfully on the forums. Unless if my search skills suck. I've seen one post from someone suggesting it but no one else confirming it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
EFI Tuning made AFM exhaust valve delete modules for a short while, but something happened that stopped him from producing them any further and I think he posted that people should just get a tune to disable them from throwing codes and pointed to a link on CorvetteForums on how to do it.

If you're not going to tune, you should consider biting the bullet and buying a midpipe with the AFM valves retained.

I emailed them about this two days ago. They recommend just getting it tuned out by HP Tuners. They mentioned it doesn't touch something specific so it doesn't effect your warranty.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #6
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Thanks all. I think I will just go with 2nd cat delete and axle back ATAK for now. Appreciate the input
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote