Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-27-2020, 10:56 PM   #15
Davispaintandbody

Drives: 2017 ss1 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sos1321vegas View Post
LT4 conversion on LT1

Lt4 supercharger
All Pulleys w/ tensioner (2 mounted to water pump brackets, 2 mounted to drive side block)
Oem belt
Zl1 harmonic balancer
Intercooler pump
Zl1 heat exchanger
Zl1 Driver side aux heat exchanger
All intercooler lines
Adapter spacers for lt4 s/c
Fuel line extension
Pcv lines off zl1
Intake elbow
Evap line
Lt4 valley cover w insulator
Evap extension harness
3 bar map sensor
Maf harness
Intercooler pump relay w harness
Supercharger gasket kit
Base tune
very good list. Would you have the part number for the oem stuff ?
Davispaintandbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:12 PM   #16
Davispaintandbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I really don't understand your logic.

You say you like to do your own research, yet your asking for someone else to provide you the list with part numbers.

ADM and WeaponX have done all the hard work, researching test fitting and confirming fitment of what is needed, so why don't they deserve the opportunity to make a little profit to keep their doors open.

Then you want to flame them for doing all the work for you and not giving you a free list.

You can simply pick up the phone Call ADM or WeaponX and order everything you need 1 stop shopping.

When you get the parts I am sure they will have part numbers on them so you know what you're buying.

It is very rare I will get involved in a conversation like this but your posts have me Shaking my Head in disbelief.

Ted.
maybe I am wrong but I'm seeking fellow Camaro lovers who do this as a hobby. if I wanted retail help I would ask jegs or summit. forgive me if I don't bow down to the retailers who resale something that's available to the public with out a mark up. I do not come to this forum to become a retail customer.

so retailers on this forum please ignore my post I don't need you or your defenders help
Old 03-27-2020, 11:14 PM   #17
Davispaintandbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
Man, I love that response, I think I will borrow that. Of coarse their response is probably going to be "So your not going to give me the part number" then I will say "No" and then they will ask to speak with the GM. Ask me how I know this routine. Then the GM will tell us to give the info out.

The really frustrating thing is we are pure commission. We have no guarantee or hourly wage, so we get zippo for giving out free information all day. And it happens ALOT here. And people think they are entitled to it. Ok, vent complete.
maybe I am wrong but I'm seeking fellow Camaro lovers who do this as a hobby. if I wanted retail help I would ask jegs or summit. forgive me if I don't bow down to the retailers who resale something that's available to the public with out a mark up. I do not come to this forum to become a retail customer.

so retailers on this forum please ignore my post I don't need you or your defenders help
Old 03-27-2020, 11:19 PM   #18
Davispaintandbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
I am simply letting you know it is easiest and similar in cost to go through one of them vs. sourcing everything individually, stuff adds up quick. I used WX and everything went well and I rec them or ADM.

Im not referring to them supporting the forum, I actually don't even know if they are sponsors but was referring to them both being good for the aftermarket community in general.

Nonetheless good luck with your build, happy to help if questions come up about how to do the install.
I'm not interested in paying a 30% markup
Old 03-27-2020, 11:21 PM   #19
Davispaintandbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I really don't understand your logic.

You say you like to do your own research, yet your asking for someone else to provide you the list with part numbers.

ADM and WeaponX have done all the hard work, researching test fitting and confirming fitment of what is needed, so why don't they deserve the opportunity to make a little profit to keep their doors open.

Then you want to flame them for doing all the work for you and not giving you a free list.

You can simply pick up the phone Call ADM or WeaponX and order everything you need 1 stop shopping.

When you get the parts I am sure they will have part numbers on them so you know what you're buying.

It is very rare I will get involved in a conversation like this but your posts have me Shaking my Head in disbelief.

Ted.

Old 03-27-2020, 11:23 PM   #20
Davispaintandbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcvt View Post
Amen Ted. I am in the parts business and see this stuff all the time. It gets so very frustrating. I dont understand why it is immoral for a company to offer FREE unobligated information to the masses and then also hope that that leads to them making money to put food on the table. Imagine the nerve of some folk.
is this site for the "hobbyist" or for a cheap way for retailers to promote their products
Old 03-28-2020, 01:18 AM   #21
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Davispaintandbody: you have issues with vendors? It appears you are representing Davis Paint and Body located at 2111 W Division St, Arlington, TX 76011 by your handle???

I offered assistance in another thread and you just expected to be spoon fed. No thanks.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #22
Davispaintandbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Davispaintandbody: you have issues with vendors? It appears you are representing Davis Paint and Body located at 2111 W Division St, Arlington, TX 76011 by your handle???

I offered assistance in another thread and you just expected to be spoon fed. No thanks.
that's not my shop and I never offered service on this site at all. I'm seeking part numbers not a tutorial. so here is what im gonna do is make a list of part numbers and where to buy at the lowest price plus a tutorial.
what happened to this forum is a shame/ its full of vendors and customers
where did all the hobbyist ?
Old 03-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #23
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davispaintandbody View Post
that's not my shop and I never offered service on this site at all. I'm seeking part numbers not a tutorial. so here is what im gonna do is make a list of part numbers and where to buy at the lowest price plus a tutorial.
what happened to this forum is a shame/ its full of vendors and customers
where did all the hobbyist ?
So I will bring my smashed car in to your body shop, have you do all the work figuring out what I need, look up all the part numbers and you will hand me a list of part numbers to shop for the lowest price.?????????

I'm a Hobbyist.

Maybe it is 30% in the body shop world but it more like 10%-15% in the performance world.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:13 AM   #24
Davispaintandbody

yes its a part of the business to give a free written estimate with all the part numbers and labor times and cost of parts without markups
Old 03-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #25
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I think we are a bit off topic and as you can see, I don't post often. I would like to say that I have no connection to Ted Jannetty and have never communicated with him in any way. I would however, object to any implication that he should not participate at will on this forum and hope he continues to do so. I purchased my first muscle car 44 years ago and I've been reading about modifications long before that time. People like Ted offer extensive free advise on this forum. His names is one of the ones I look for when I hope to learn something reading this forum. I've purchased multiple times from a "big box" supplier. I can tell you from experience, if you have problems with a part and call their "support" line, it can be a less that favorable experience because you saved $2.00. On the other hand, the local mechanic I use, if I'm not doing the work myself is an x-Pro Stock racer. His shop has a machine shop, dyno facility, etc. He does not advertise, it's not easy to find his shop and he's not cheap but boy is he good. I get exactly what I pay for there. Please continue to post Ted as I will continue to absorb your fee consulting services Sir. This post is not intended to offend anyone in any way and I hope it is received as such.
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:03 PM   #26
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
I'm an avid diyer, and I get that there is 'some' fun in relying on your own resources. I've done a few smaller, Vendor kitted installs (see my sig) and even though you get all the goodies, there are problems to resolve even with a kitted product.

IMHO it would be better to get the proven parts even if it "is" a small mark up, because all of a sudden your looking for a solution to a few small problems, and your just spending more time and money than if you just had the road map right there.

Example- Hit my 4th auto parts store and voila they frigging have AN fittings! Still pricey but just an arms reach away. A days search for a $12 part, the overhead adds up fast.

Yeah- it was a learning experience for the 'next' project. Since the main cost is in the blower I just don't see the scale of economizing here. Any project you can do at home and walk away from happy, is sure to be a big cost saver and gratifying all the same if you get a full kit.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #27
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
as a side note - OP didn't say Hey like I got this SC from a parts yard and I am going to try and do this etc, etc...the conversation probably could have sounded a little differently.

A lot has to do with how you approach people for free advise, like the guy with the pickup truck, a lawyer, or a computer
guy. 2/3 here.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:00 PM   #28
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davispaintandbody View Post
yes its a part of the business to give a free written estimate with all the part numbers and labor times and cost of parts without markups
Now I'm Kinda Shocked.

I have been in the automotive industry for over 40 years 34 Self employed, this statement provide another Shake My Head Moment

No good business will put the parts numbers and cost without mark up or they would not be in business.

The general definition of a business is when a person or organization profits by providing goods or services in exchange for money. However, profit can include other items of value, such as credit, and items and services that are exchanged in lieu of money.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote