Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-07-2020, 08:03 PM   #1
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
e85 for my lgx?

is it possible to get an e85 tune or fuel kit for the lgx? i know in lethal camaro video about the 2lt his boy got cunningham motor sports to tune his lgx to run strictly off e85 im not in cali so i cant go to cunningham motor sports so any ideas? i also seen overkill talking about e85 but have yet to see them offer any products that give me e85
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:24 PM   #2
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudsmaro View Post
is it possible to get an e85 tune or fuel kit for the lgx? i know in lethal camaro video about the 2lt his boy got cunningham motor sports to tune his lgx to run strictly off e85 im not in cali so i cant go to cunningham motor sports so any ideas? i also seen overkill talking about e85 but have yet to see them offer any products that give me e85
You can get an e85 tune from Overkill but there aren't any flex fuel kits for the LGX. You'll have to run strictly e85 or basically run the tank out and switch tunes.
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:32 AM   #3
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Is there any benefit to install the tune for E85? Are there any performance or fuel economy gains? I use my LGX as a daily driver and I have access to a gas station 2 miles from house that sells E85. I could run E85 all the time, easily.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:57 PM   #4
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
Is there any benefit to install the tune for E85? Are there any performance or fuel economy gains? I use my LGX as a daily driver and I have access to a gas station 2 miles from house that sells E85. I could run E85 all the time, easily.
People have tuned for E85 and seen performance gains. Fuel economy I’m not sure about. And I’m reeeeally jealous. My closest e85 station is almost an hour away lol
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:43 PM   #5
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
I’d expect you would see a 30% decrease in fuel economy.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:21 AM   #6
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
I’d expect you would see a 30% decrease in fuel economy.
A quote from the Alternative Fuels Data Center website.
"1 gallon of E85 has 73% to 83% of the energy of one gallon of gasoline (variation due to ethanol content in E85). 1 gallon of E10 has 96.7% of the energy of one gallon of gasoline."

There is actually less energy per gallon of E85, so it will take more fuel to get the same horsepower, and a lot more, to increase horsepower. This is why OE flex fuel vehicles have larger fuel injectors installed from the factory.

Notice the statement in parentheses. A local tuner told me that he buys 55 gallon drums of E89, and mixes his own E85, so he can get consistent ratios for his vehicles, as he has found a large variance in the actual ethanol content in pump E85.
Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote