Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-27-2018, 07:40 AM   #1
RxSummit16

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro LT2 RS
Back windshield

Anyone else having the back windshield rattle at low speeds over bumps and rough roads? I just started noticing it a couple weeks ago. Bought the car about two years ago. Hope this doesn't mean its coming loose.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:25 AM   #2
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Are you sure it's the windshield and not the plastic bumping on the window from the back, mine did that, I had to put down foam tape along the plastic edge (had to remove various inside moldings to get to it), after that the rattle stopped.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
RxSummit16

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro LT2 RS
Possibly...I'll have to squeeze back there and investigate more...but it sure sounds like glass vibrating/rattling as opposed to plastic. So are you referring to the bumping at the top or around the sides or both?
Old 03-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #4
iarepeyton

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6
I have noticed something similar. I had my back seat down for awhile to better hear the exhaust and just assumed the rattling was from grains of stuff being thrown around in the wheel well. I now have the seat up and I still hear something rattling back there. Recently (same on my friend's Camaro) there is a fairly loud rattling come from the left front quarter panel area and I'm really wondering what that may be.
iarepeyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 04:39 PM   #5
rotohead

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
Rattle

Did you check to see if the retainers at the rear of the headliner are tight?
rotohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:59 AM   #6
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxSummit16 View Post
Possibly...I'll have to squeeze back there and investigate more...but it sure sounds like glass vibrating/rattling as opposed to plastic. So are you referring to the bumping at the top or around the sides or both?
mine was vibrating all the way in the back of the liner, you can't reach your hand back there but it was doing it all along the liner not in one spot, it's not secure in the back, the foam tape was put completely along the back edge where it comes in contact with the glass (but shouldn't it actually shouldn't touch the glass at all but it does).
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote