Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2023, 05:49 AM   #155
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Not so much what I did TOO my Camaro but what I did FOR my Camaro - I bought a work truck. Time for the SS to become weekend/toy car instead of DD.

Monday the Camaro gets a new windshield to replace the sand blasted chipped one. Lots of road miles and high speed will trash a windshield so it’s time to freshen up.
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 11:33 AM   #156
2010sgm

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVMax View Post
Not so much what I did TOO my Camaro but what I did FOR my Camaro - I bought a work truck. Time for the SS to become weekend/toy car instead of DD.

Monday the Camaro gets a new windshield to replace the sand blasted chipped one. Lots of road miles and high speed will trash a windshield so it’s time to freshen up.
very nice! preserving your camaro....
Old 08-17-2023, 05:19 PM   #157
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Installed my GPI ported rod mod intake today. She runs like a beast. I didn't really get to open her up yet, as it started raining. But man it felt great to drive her for the first time since early June.

But once again, all my AC refrigerant leaked out while it was parked. I have been chasing this leak since I did my engine swap/compressor swap in 2019. Back in May I replaced the service ports on both the high and low side, but apparently that wasn't it. When I put the new Delco compressor in I changed all the line seals, but I cannot remember if I lubricated them. Looks like I am going to do them again. I don't think its the condenser and am praying it's not the evaporator...that would suck. I have a good UV light and figure I will just re-seal it, vacuum it, recharge and add some dye. I am trying to avoid bringing it to a shop, as I know that can get mighty expensive when looking for leaks. I also know that would probably be the intelligent thing to do.
Wow, that's cool you got your new intake on! Sucks though about your AC. Hope you get that squared away!
Old 08-17-2023, 05:24 PM   #158
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:

That's awesome!! Feels nice doesn't it to not have to take your baby out every day and for everything!! I did that 3 years ago before I retired and had the extra cash to get a second vehicle. Now you won't have to hurry and detail her every time there is a show or function you want to attend, she will already be covered up and ready!!
Old 08-17-2023, 07:08 PM   #159
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:

That's how you do it.
Got a shop or garage to keep it in?
Makes for even more fun!
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 07:20 PM   #160
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Wow, that's cool you got your new intake on! Sucks though about your AC. Hope you get that squared away!
Thank you man, I swear these days are just not long enough. Its just a PITA, as you know how hot is has been this summer and I have already addressed this leak multiple times now. But I will get it done.

As for my answer to Acutron, I think jumped the gun on the tuning question. Looks like I am going to need to have GPI touch it up after adding the port/rod mod intake. Fuel trims are showing lean and adding between 10-15% fuel at idle in gear/neutral. I haven't logged it yet to see how it behaves WOT, as I really need an AFR gauge. Double checked for any possible vacuum leaks and not seeing anything, They replaced all the gaskets on the intake, so those are nice and fresh. She runs great, but now I really need to take it easy.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rRLyI2NhFYU
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 07:54 PM   #161
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Thank you man, I swear these days are just not long enough. Its just a PITA, as you know how hot is has been this summer and I have already addressed this leak multiple times now. But I will get it done.

As for my answer to Acutron, I think jumped the gun on the tuning question. Looks like I am going to need to have GPI touch it up after adding the port/rod mod intake. Fuel trims are showing lean and adding between 10-15% fuel at idle in gear/neutral. I haven't logged it yet to see how it behaves WOT, as I really need an AFR gauge. Double checked for any possible vacuum leaks and not seeing anything, They replaced all the gaskets on the intake, so those are nice and fresh. She runs great, but now I really need to take it easy.

Yeah you got to be careful running lean. It's not such a bad thing at idle, what you have to be careful up in the higher rpm range or wot. Yet the best thing like you said is a wideband for wot and pe adjustments. Your just shooting in the dark on the narrow bands. I currently use a AEM 30-0334, it's a really simple install.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...mber+Ad+Groups
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 10:50 PM   #162
InFiD3ViL

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerjoe View Post
Yeah you got to be careful running lean. It's not such a bad thing at idle, what you have to be careful up in the higher rpm range or wot. Yet the best thing like you said is a wideband for wot and pe adjustments. Your just shooting in the dark on the narrow bands. I currently use a AEM 30-0334, it's a really simple install.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...mber+Ad+Groups
Yep, I think that's the exact one I am getting. If its the one that connects to OBDII port for logging with HP Tuners.

But yeah, I plan on being super careful.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
Old 08-18-2023, 07:22 PM   #163
Bluebagger06

Drives: 2012 camaro ss
Got my new OEM nose wrapped today{Aftermarket one sucks} and swapped in the heritage grill for ZL1 grill! Love the looks of heritage better! Now to get splitter and ZL1 side skirts on.
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2023, 10:13 PM   #164
InFiD3ViL

I'm assuming the entire car is wrapped, since it looks like an amazing match. Damn she pretty!

Which aftermarket front bumper did you have?
Old 08-19-2023, 06:39 AM   #165
Bluebagger06

Quote:
I'm assuming the entire car is wrapped, since it looks like an amazing match. Damn she pretty!

Which aftermarket front bumper did you have?
Yes Its all wrapped, and i did have aftermarket bumper on it and it didnt fit quite right and it had some paint failures that showed up in wrap ,so i decided to fix it.
Old 08-19-2023, 07:04 AM   #166
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:

Yeah better safe than sorry. Maybe you could have someone drive for you on a log & watch the kr for peace of mind. If nothing shows up on a normal drive, ease into it a bit more. If Andrew sees this I am sure he will chime in. I personally wouldn't go wot without consulting him or Ryan first. I usually err on the side of caution in these situations. Just too much time & money involved to find out the hard way when I know the support @ GPI is top notch & they will tell you exactly how to proceed.
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 07:12 AM   #167
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebagger06 View Post
Got my new OEM nose wrapped today{Aftermarket one sucks} and swapped in the heritage grill for ZL1 grill! Love the looks of heritage better! Now to get splitter and ZL1 side skirts on.
Looks amazing!
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 11:55 AM   #168
Bluebagger06

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutron42 View Post
Looks amazing!
Thank you!!