Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 02-12-2021, 02:29 PM   #113
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
Tried to read through the entire thread, and others, but there's a lot of info going every which way.

It looks like FE4 sway bars may be the stiffest of the bunch, and I have the tires to match, at least for autox. My daily Michelins won't be able to keep up but that's alright. My main question is if I order from GM parts direct does it include the mounting hardware too or do I have to order that separately? Also, will I run into problems with the plastic FE2 end links? I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info on them.
The FE4 bar is the stiffest OE bar, it comes with the bushings and brackets. No idea about the end links. If they're plastic it's probably not good with a bar that big.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 02:39 PM   #114
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
The FE4 bar is the stiffest OE bar, it comes with the bushings and brackets. No idea about the end links. If they're plastic it's probably not good with a bar that big.

Well I looked them up and they're only $33 each, so probably not worth finding out what happens to the plastic.

Youtube Channel

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:10 PM   #115
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Drives: Nightfall Gray Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
This is what I had for those strut/shock part #s, that come with the SS lowering kit (ie. spring/shock kit part # 84203549). I'd double check it though. These came from a GMPP marketing manager so should be accurate.

Front Right strut - 84004135
Front Left strut - 84004134
Rear Shock Absorber Both Sides – 84096556

One thing though: I'm pretty sure the 1LE springs and Lowering kit (84203549) springs are not the same, so be careful with mixing and matching parts.

Has the part number for the shock absorbers changed? I can find the individual part numbers for the left and right struts but not the shocks.

2016 NFG 1SS M6
JLT Intake, LT2 Manifold, LT5 TB, CSP 2" headers, AWE Catback Exhaust, Apex ARC-8 Wheels.
426whp/434wtq
Danew_377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:38 AM   #116
cab33

Drives: Viper
Anyone have the oem part number for the rear brake pads?
2022 SS 1LE
cab33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 04:44 PM   #117
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
Wow. What a resource. Now that some of the cars are 5-6 years old this will come in handy. Both right side shocks on my car have a slight leak. 2SS with Mag Ride. I’m digging to find all 4 replacements. So far I’ve gathered that I will need to replace the entire strut assembly up front since I see no mention of just front shocks. Those should be part #s 8411587 and 8411588. The rear shocks should be 84219920 and 84219920.

Appreciate any input!
2017 2SS F1FTY/HUD/Mag Ride/NPP/Nav/M6/Mishimoto catch can/BTR stage 2 Cam kit/GPI ported LT2 IM and 95mm TB/Roto Fab CAI/Kooks Long Tubes ceramic coated/Borla S Type NPP catback/AFE lowering springs/1LE wheels/OEM smoked tail lights/Diode Dynamics side markers/Uniden R7/3D Maxpider floor mats/Adams graphene ceramic coat
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 12:10 PM   #118
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Howdy all,

I'm trying to see what higher-rate rear springs will compensate for the rod ends I installed. I went complete rod-end on my car, and know I have reduced the spring rate. Unscientifically - I see, that at least, one of the OEM control arm bushings I replaced has an approximate spring rate of probably 5lbs/in to about 30-lbs @ about 3-4” of compression ( rough measurements using a vice and scale). As far as I can tell, there are (2) knuckle bushings and (3) control arm bushings, per side, I should try to account for, assuming, values are close.

I'm just trying to make up the difference - I am not trying to lower the car more. I just want to make up the spring rate I lost. I feel like I should go with the FE3 non-MRC springs, but I have MRC...

Does anyone have information, or where I COULD go, to get information on what springs I should go with? I'm not trying to replace all (4) - just the bring the rear back closer to what it used to be. I also thought about preloading a few of the remaining OEM bushings instead, but didn’t really want to tear/wear them out sooner for stupid reasoning.

Thanks.
Chuck

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote