Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #43
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
If the Camaro had a trunk that you could use, a back seat that could fit real people and maybe a centre console that was useable it would sell better, how many family guys would want to get a sports car that could do double duty. That is the main advantage that Dodge has with the Challenger and Charger, if the 2 door Challenger is not able to solve your quest for RWD performance then the Charger may.

The new Camaro has gobs more emenities, than the first Gen camaro and better performance and handling. The 1st gen had a huge advertising campaign and sold almost 20k of them per month!! Most people don't know what a Camaro is because they a too busy texting. Chevy needs an aggressive ad campaign and they would be flying off the lots. Chevy makes a nice car but they can't sell anything worth a damn. Their "You Build It" Camaro website even sucks! Some of the functions don't work right and quality of the pictures suck and lack excitement compared to Mustangs the last time I was there.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:16 PM   #44
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
The new Camaro has gobs more emenities, than the first Gen camaro and better performance and handling. The 1st gen had a huge advertising campaign and sold almost 20k of them per month!! Most people don't know what a Camaro is because they a too busy texting. Chevy needs an aggressive ad campaign and they would be flying off the lots. Chevy makes a nice car but they can't sell anything worth a damn. Their "You Build It" Camaro website even sucks! Some of the functions don't work right and quality of the pictures suck and lack excitement compared to Mustangs the last time I was there.
What does the 1st Gen have to do with this at all?

In the first gen there was exceptionally little foreign competition for car buyers, there were no real SUV's, or minivans, or crossovers.

That's like saying the 6th Generation Camaro has LOADS more features than a 1947 Ford convertible. It's that asinine to compare the two.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #45
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
What does the 1st Gen have to do with this at all?

In the first gen there was exceptionally little foreign competition for car buyers, there were no real SUV's, or minivans, or crossovers.

That's like saying the 6th Generation Camaro has LOADS more features than a 1947 Ford convertible. It's that asinine to compare the two.
Its pretty simple what my point is...Previous Gen Camaros Advertised and sold the camaro instead of sitting back and hoping people will just walk in and start buying because its a camaro.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #46
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
As a GM guy I was always more into Oldsmobile than Chevy but did have my fare share of Chevys, Chevelle and Malibu were more my interest than Camaro other than 1980-81 Z28 350 4sp and 1989 IrocZ were my type of Camaro's. That is where my interests lie so going forward I'm looking at finding a 89 Iroc, but when I was looking for a car I cross shopped all 3 and Ford and Chevy did not end up on my list I could care less how fast on a track any of these were but could I get the kids in the back seat and because I traded in my DD the car I picked up had to be the DD. If GM made a car to fit the need that I had for a DD 2 door V8 RWD that could seat 4 or 5 people I would have been all over it.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #47
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Same thread we've had since the 6th gen came out to less than stellar sales figures. Same comments, same reasons listed.

Let's see what the 2019 refresh does to sales. End of June discounts were pretty aggressive on the Camaro...
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:31 PM   #48
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
I'm in agreement with those who believe that all the advertising in the world won't sell the current platform. It's no secret that Gen6 was 2016 car of the year and that it outperforms all it's competitors, but with this design comes too much sacrifice in practicality for most serious buyers in this category. For proof all one needs to do is look at the beyond aging Challenger/Charger on its decade plus old platform outselling a far superior Camaro in all ways but practicality! Those cool TV commercials don't tell the whole story....
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:41 PM   #49
CCG Garnet Red

Drives: 2017 RS Garnet Red Tintcoat A8
If you don't get a big bump next quarter due to heavily discounted '18's they want off the lot (heck there are still new '17's out there) and the '19 refresh selling well, including the SS, surely Chevy will get the message and wake up. According the poll taken on this , a hardcore Camaro site the new SS front is a failure. I have also read negative reviews in several other magazines/websites. How is a new front facia that joined the crowd to look like a Honda/Lexus/Mazda/Charger/Transformer movie car (appealed to teens who can't buy the car) going to make the new customers take notice and know what it is? Maybe Chevy doesn't care and plans to join Ford with the Corvette as a halo car and be another SUV/CUE/pickup company only. Seen an Impala, Camaro, Vette commercial lately? A friend of mine has a SS sedan. Says no one knows what it or thinks it's a Malibu, BTW, he scared me to death in a ride in it. Four door vette power and handling with plenty of room. Kind of like a V8 Charger, but who knew? Not only is it gone but the Holden factory also.
CCG Garnet Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:46 PM   #50
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
Longevity-wise low sales numbers suck for us enthusiasts, but on the bright side, I appreciate not seeing a ton of 6th gen's on the road. It would take away some of the "special" qualities in the Camaro if it were like a mustang that you see EVERYWHERE.
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #51
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
But wait , this is the good looking non refreshed awesome 16-18 Camaro that everybody loves , How can this be ?
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:20 PM   #52
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
But wait , this is the good looking non refreshed awesome 16-18 Camaro that everybody loves , How can this be ?
Calm down Bad boy
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #53
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Everyone who wanted a 5th gen already has one.

I wonder where the disciples are today? Are they all driving 6th gens?
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:24 PM   #54
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
The current Camaro is not without it's practicality issues as it just never took off from day 1. Many feel the front facia updates on the refresh are a step back. Only time will tell...
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:29 PM   #55
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
If you look, there is thread concerning the lack of advertising and marketing Chevy is doing for the Camaro.

Lots of information there.

Simply put, Chevy is clueless on marketing. The Challenger, which you can't get away from the ads, is inferior to the Camaro, both in design & mechanics.

I will look for the thread.

Here is the thread.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522109

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:30 PM   #56
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
People don’t seem to like quality in an unpractical and small package
Fixed.
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote