Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-31-2022, 10:02 AM   #15
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briland_1LE View Post
Apparently the dealers sell new traction control software modes. For $350 they have an autocross tune that is supposed to be more aggressive in allowing wheel slip for these exact reasons. I really want to try it out.
As long as you do autocross the tune is fine. But only for slow tight turns and Nannie’s off. Stock tune locks and unlocks differential later for roadcourses. Autocross needs that done sooner.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:18 PM   #16
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Since it only affects everything-off mode, you still have PTM Track available and IME, that's still pretty darn good. The autocross tune is only for holding the button down for 5 seconds.
Yes. Just replying to the post that the autocross tune was designed for tight autocross situations in Nannie’s off. Op can turn Nannie’s off but if on the street I won’t suggest that for safety’s sake. And of course, EDiff will do its thing to an extent even with Nannie’s off, just a lot less. Though I never notice that at autocross.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:23 PM   #17
fenix

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Yes. Just replying to the post that the autocross tune was designed for tight autocross situations in Nannie’s off. Op can turn Nannie’s off but if on the street I won’t suggest that for safety’s sake. And of course, EDiff will do its thing to an extent even with Nannie’s off, just a lot less. Though I never notice that at autocross.
Honestly in lower speed aggresive cornering the car feels safer with nannies off. It dies exactly what the inputs I apply tell it to. With the nannies on it feels like it has a mind of its own and is fighting me. Also as stated above this car has a ridiculous amount of grip especially with quality rubber so im not really sure what you're doing to make this feel unsafe with the nannies off.
fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:46 PM   #18
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix View Post
Honestly in lower speed aggresive cornering the car feels safer with nannies off. It dies exactly what the inputs I apply tell it to. With the nannies on it feels like it has a mind of its own and is fighting me. Also as stated above this car has a ridiculous amount of grip especially with quality rubber so im not really sure what you're doing to make this feel unsafe with the nannies off.
You doing that on the street? I don’t do Nannie’s off on the street with 455 hp. You can if you want. On street you can’t even use the power. Slow corners maybe in tour mode it is, but I never feel the car is fighting me , but again I just drive normal due to traffic.At least where I live.
Nannies off in autocross ( I don’t roadcourse) is a bit more nimble then track race. Mostly in corner exit and rotational feel But that maybe irrelevant if you are just talking about street use. Biggest issue on course Nannie’s off is slow corner exit snap oversteer. It’s a EDiff issue if not on a wide sweeping turn.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:52 PM   #19
fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
You doing that on the street? I don’t do Nannie’s off on the street with 455 hp. You can if you want. On street you can’t even use the power. Slow corners maybe in tour mode it is, but again I just drive normal due to traffic.At least where I live.
Nannies off in autocross ( I don’t roadcourse) is a bit more nimble then track race. Mostly in corner exit and rotational feel But that maybe irrelevant if you are just talking about street use.

I can definitely use the power on the street maybe YOU cant so much so that this car feels very overbuilt fir the stock hp and torque which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I've noticed both on street and track being in race mode makes power on corner exits at speed alot more effective. Definitely the edif working it's magic.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:10 PM   #20
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I can definitely use the power on the street maybe YOU cant so much so that this car feels very overbuilt fir the stock hp and torque which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I've noticed both on street and track being in race mode makes power on corner exits at speed alot more effective. Definitely the edif working it's magic.
Yeah So Cal city traffic I might as well ride a bicycle. You must live out in the country and have some nice roads. No way you can use the power in the city. A Prius is good enough..lol if I want to risk accidents and drive like a asshole at city speeds and heavy traffic I still don’t need that power, have to many around here doing that. Daily. Nannies there for many driving applications for sure , and so you don’t get in over your head and crash. GM doesn’t like law suits..lol
Yeah track race is good. It only interferes with me on course when I screw up come into a corner to fast and exit is f’ d up. Then it kills the power and hits the brakes. Very annoying..lol
Old 05-31-2022, 01:16 PM   #21
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
The eDiff AutoX tune is only active in track with all nannies off. This is NOT for driving on the street, and it's really not for a stock car either. When the car is stock the eDiff AX tune is too aggressive and will cause more oversteer. Fun, but not exactly safe or fast. Maybe better than stock but there are tradeoffs. If you get an ideal alignment (requires camber plates and rear toe links) and a stiffer front bar + AX tires then the tune makes sense.

I'd also encourage folks to NEVER drive on the street with all nannies off. It's really stupid imo, and unless you have a ton of experience driving high-hp rwd cars and Randy Pobst like skills you'll eventually crash the car. The car seems tame and forgiving but switch to track and turn all the nannies off and it's not the same car. Well worth paying to run in an autox or track event to experience this, but please be careful on the street.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:28 PM   #22
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
The eDiff AutoX tune is only active in track with all nannies off. This is NOT for driving on the street, and it's really not for a stock car either. When the car is stock the eDiff AX tune is too aggressive and will cause more oversteer. Fun, but not exactly safe or fast. Maybe better than stock but there are tradeoffs. If you get an ideal alignment (requires camber plates and rear toe links) and a stiffer front bar + AX tires then the tune makes sense.

I'd also encourage folks to NEVER drive on the street with all nannies off. It's really stupid imo, and unless you have a ton of experience driving high-hp rwd cars and Randy Pobst like skills you'll eventually crash the car. The car seems tame and forgiving but switch to track and turn all the nannies off and it's not the same car. Well worth paying to run in an autox or track event to experience this, but please be careful on the street.
Exactly Dave.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:31 PM   #23
fenix

Quote:

This is my 3rd camaro (none wrecked), second 1le and the least power of the 3 with the most intrusive electronics. Driving without nannies on the street isn't dangerous, HOW you drive without nannies on the street would be the deciding factor. Professional randy pobst skills not necessary with this car its probably less of a race car than a base model c7. If you feel like this car is dangerous or driving it without nannies is "stupid" and guaranteed to get you in a wreck maybe this isn't the right car for you.no offense intended even though you feel the need to throw around insults at strangers but I find that telling of the kind of driver you may be.
Old 05-31-2022, 04:10 PM   #24
DaveC113

Quote:
This is my 3rd camaro (none wrecked), second 1le and the least power of the 3 with the most intrusive electronics. Driving without nannies on the street isn't dangerous, HOW you drive without nannies on the street would be the deciding factor. Professional randy pobst skills not necessary with this car its probably less of a race car than a base model c7. If you feel like this car is dangerous or driving it without nannies is "stupid" and guaranteed to get you in a wreck maybe this isn't the right car for you.no offense intended even though you feel the need to throw around insults at strangers but I find that telling of the kind of driver you may be.
Lol, I didn't address you, those comments are for whoever happens to be reading this thread.

Honestly, if you're driving an SS 1LE on the street to the point electronics are interfering I hope you get your car impounded before you kill yourself or someone else. Look up sociopath, because that's you!
Old 05-31-2022, 05:15 PM   #25
fenix

Quote:
Lol, I didn't address you, those comments are for whoever happens to be reading this thread.

Honestly, if you're driving an SS 1LE on the street to the point electronics are interfering I hope you get your car impounded before you kill yourself or someone else. Look up sociopath, because that's you!
The electronics interfere under 10mph. Look at the original post. Sounds like someine has more car than they can safely handle.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:39 PM   #26
DaveC113

Quote:
The electronics interfere under 10mph. Look at the original post. Sounds like someine has more car than they can safely handle.
Could be, but I never use the nannies when I'm driving fast so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:48 PM   #27
fenix

Quote:
Could be, but I never use the nannies when I'm driving fast so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Well by your own logic you're going to wreck your car you dangerous stupid sociopath.
Old 05-31-2022, 05:53 PM   #28
DaveC113

Quote:
Well by your own logic you're going to wreck your car you dangerous stupid sociopath.
If I do it'll most likely be into a concrete barrier though, it would suck but I can live with that.