#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-13-2022, 03:09 PM   #1
xxjoeyxxeb

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE
1LE Research

Good Afternoon All!

I just sold my 2019 STI to a dealer and waiting for the title to be sent and my check in hand. I have always been a Chevy guy, had a 2003 ZO6 before we had my daughter. Looking to get a new 1LE for the family to enjoy. It is a 3rd car so we wont be getting her in and out of the back seats all the time. I am 5'9" and my wife is 5'1". Got a few questions while I wait for that check..

1) The car will be garaged, but what type of maintenance is required on the hood wrap? Can you wash as normal? Any certain extra care needed?

2) I saw some people talking about rocks getting kicked up into the rockers and panels. I'll search, but if anyone has any helpful threads to share, please let me know.

3) I know people have purchased and picked up their Vette's from the factory. Can that be done with a Camaro?

4) When ordering and building, do you do it online or at a dealer? Do you need the full down payment and financing set up, or can you put a small deposit down to get it built?

5) Any other information or helpful tips are greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Joe
xxjoeyxxeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 03:59 PM   #2
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Joe,

Would the car be SS 1LE or ZL1 1LE?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2022, 04:00 PM   #3
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjoeyxxeb View Post
Good Afternoon All!

I just sold my 2019 STI to a dealer and waiting for the title to be sent and my check in hand. I have always been a Chevy guy, had a 2003 ZO6 before we had my daughter. Looking to get a new 1LE for the family to enjoy. It is a 3rd car so we wont be getting her in and out of the back seats all the time. I am 5'9" and my wife is 5'1". Got a few questions while I wait for that check..

1) The car will be garaged, but what type of maintenance is required on the hood wrap? Can you wash as normal? Any certain extra care needed?

2) I saw some people talking about rocks getting kicked up into the rockers and panels. I'll search, but if anyone has any helpful threads to share, please let me know.

3) I know people have purchased and picked up their Vette's from the factory. Can that be done with a Camaro?

4) When ordering and building, do you do it online or at a dealer? Do you need the full down payment and financing set up, or can you put a small deposit down to get it built?

Thank you,
Joe
Welcome to the forum. You will definitely enjoy the 1LE.

1. The wrapped hood doesn't really require any special maintenance, although some 1LE owners use products specifically made for wraps on their hoods. I use my regular car polish on mine. My car is garage kept as well.

2. The wide wheels and the sticky tires on the 1LE do throw up lots of rocks. I recommend at the very minimum rock guards. I have rock guards and side skirts from ACS Composite on my car. Some people like the ZL1 Addons rock guards or the GM splash guards. I prefer the ACS as they are molded to the car and larger than the GM guards. Some 1LE owners also have PPF installed on the fenders and rockers in addition to the rock guards. I don't think you need PPF on the sides in you have side skirts.

3. To my knowledge there is no such program for the Camaro.

4. It's best to order what you want from a dealer of find a dealer with a car that's inbound with the specs you want. Most cars nowadays are preorders and it can take months to get a car if you order one, unless you can find a dealer with an allocation. You can use the Build and Price feature on Chevy's website to spec out what you want and search for similar vehicles in transit. That is what I did and I found a 1LE in transit after waiting 3 months with my local dealer for an allocation that was available.

5. Depends on what else you are interested in. I did have PPF installed on the front of my car. And GM has some nice accessories for the Camaro.

Here are some pictures of my 1LE with ACS rock guards and side skirts.

Name:  20220220_175748.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  331.3 KB

Name:  20220220_175606.jpg
Views: 1465
Size:  308.1 KB

Name:  20220220_175526.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  341.6 KB
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)

Last edited by ZPirate; 05-13-2022 at 09:04 PM.
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 04:11 PM   #4
xxjoeyxxeb

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE
Thank you both for the replies. It would be an SS 1LE. Most likely 1SS, unless the market drops quickly.
xxjoeyxxeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:17 PM   #5
NinthWave

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Agree with using the Chevy site to check inventory and in transit cars at dealers near you. I found my SS 1LE that way.
NinthWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 12:28 AM   #6
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
ZL1 add-ons rock guards. Side skirts also help to prevent rocks kicked up by the front tires. I went with C7 carbons.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:36 AM   #7
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Good Afternoon All!

wash as normal. You can add some other stuff to it. my 13 is the original wrap, I add some Adams VRT on it like every 6 months to a year.
2) I saw some people talking about rocks getting kicked up into the rockers and panels. I'll search, but if anyone has any helpful threads to share, please let me know. common problem with the 5th gens and 6th gens. First thing I did with both my 13 and fiance's 22 was put on ZL1 rock gaurds. They help a little but PPF is most likely the safest way to go.

3) I know people have purchased and picked up their Vette's from the factory. Can that be done with a Camaro? Dont believe so

4) When ordering and building, do you do it online or at a dealer? Do you need the full down payment and financing set up, or can you put a small deposit down to get it built? Have to go to the dealer. Have to go to the dealer then they'll complete the paperwork when the car arrives and you show up. My 13 I had to put down 1K to order the car. Since then I've bought 3 cars from my dealer using the same salesman, he didnt require any deposit for the 22.

Thank you,
Joe
I answered in red
Old 05-14-2022, 06:26 AM   #8
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Thank you both for the replies. It would be an SS 1LE. Most likely 1SS, unless the market drops quickly.
My car is a 1SS 1LE.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:06 AM   #9
Twizzty
$$$$...$$...$$$...$$$$...

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I went with ACS rock guards and they are great quality, no side skirts here as I just don't like the look on this car. I also found a car in transit and only had to wait about a week for it to deliver to the semi-local dealer, financing was already pre-approved and it took about an hour before we were driving away.

IMO my '21 1SS 1LE at $46k was the best value track capable car I could find, I was also looking at the Mach1 to replace my GT but at $58k for the base HP that's crazy. After my last track day I couldn't be happier with my decision. It's also been an amazing DD as you get to use the torque everyday.
Attached Images

2021 CX-5 Carbon Turbo AWD
Twizzty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 01:10 PM   #10
GAOLDGUY

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra, 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Life with a 1LE

Quote:
Good Afternoon All!

No extra care on the hood wrap here. I don't wax it and just use soap. Careful with the pressure washer and blow dry on a latter with backpack leaf blower. Does fine.

I didn't have my SC3s for long but I just use the ZL1Addons rock guards. I understand that the SC3s can crack at temps below 20 so I purchased another set of wheels and these days I use PS4S during the summer and I have Lexani's for the winter. Found a 1LE owner in the forum selling his factory wheels. 2 sets is not a bad idea. I didn't want to sell a kidney to purchase the wrap but if you can then go for it.

Don't know

I purchased mine off the lot before covid. They were dealing in those days because they seemed to stay on the lot a good while. Back then you could only get a 6 speed and I think that may have reduced sales.

It's a super fun car to drive. I feel it is very "engaging". Fantastic fun per dollar.

Thank you,
Joe
Great car!
GAOLDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:09 AM   #11
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
Quote:

Be careful here. The deposit gets the order in but doesn't guarantee that the dealer is going to hold the vehicle for you when it finally arrives. I've heard of several stories of dealers who've sold a car out from under the original person who placed the order because someone else walked through the door with cash. Also, you can expect a mark-up over MSRP that the dealer won't tell you about until you're ready to sign the papers. Lastly, they may have you sign the papers weeks in advance so that the deal is done even before the car gets on the lot. This will at least guarantee that you get the car and not someone else.. Not sure there's a remedy for any of these situations, but with the market as it is, don't expect transparent dealings...

As for the kid in the back seat, we have a 5 YO in a harness seat still, and she seems fine for short trips behind the passenger seat in our convertible. My wife's 5'2" and I'm 5'8" and we both need to position the pass seat forward more than we'd like so the kid's not too crowded back there.
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:23 AM   #12
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
My 2022 1LE is the first car I got ceramic coated. It is expensive but at a minimum get the hood coated.

I also have paint protection film on various areas to protect it from stone chips.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:52 AM   #13
Bwaahhh

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
The hood wrap does not require any special care. I've been washing with Meguiars Gold and drying with microfiber for 2 years and it looks brand new.

Do NOT make the same mistake I did and forego getting the front/rear quarters/lower doors PPFd or with some form of protection. I regret not doing it when I bought the car. Now, after many track days, the rear quarters have little pits in the them along with the lower section of the doors. The front wheels poke a little bit and the sticky super car 3s fling everything.
Bwaahhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:47 AM   #14
Newcastle

Drives: 2022 2 SS 1LE on order ....now a 23
Get the hood PPF'd or the bumper. The hood on the 1LE is wrapped.
Newcastle is offline   Reply With Quote