#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-23-2022, 11:08 AM   #15
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Those smarter and more experienced than I (and I've experienced it, lol) state that a considerable gain can be had, if done properly, by calibrating ECM and TCM. A lot of TM can be manipulated in the ECM, but, basically, the TCM has the final say. By that, I mean that there are at least 2-3 gears where the TCM will intervene and pull power (torque). But - there is a lot to be gained in the ECM, like torque tables and in minimum spark. You have to, also, disable a setting in the ECM in order for HHP's conversion to work.

Simply - you'll need to modify both, in conjunction with each other, the optimize your toon and get the most out of your combination.
Noooooooooooooo
Old 06-24-2022, 09:09 PM   #16
2020ZL11LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE: Stage 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Do you HPtuners or an equivalent? It's only going to do you good that way.

Pattern B is SPORT and TRACK, if I remember logs correctly. And while it might come across otherwise, without sounding argumentative, getting the stock tune is likely not going to be helpful. And - you likely know the following already...

Your car is making power, likely, higher in the powerband. The stock shift points and firmness, etc., will not be optimizing acceleration. What likely needs to happen is the car needs to be driven to determine where those shift points are. That's either on a dyno, going gear by gear, or on the street, doing the same thing. Stock shift points might help with downshifts and part throttle, but you'll likely not be optimized for WOT. There are also TCC commands that have to jive and some other stuffs.

If you're like me, and impatient (no offense or anything), then if you don't have HPTuners, you might consider doing that, and get some remote tuning help from JRE or someone with equivalent experience. Otherwise - you could save money, and go back to who you already paid to recalibrate the TCM appropriately. There are a number of reasons why the car is driving the way it is, and if you've already paid them to calibrate the car, they should have no problem making adjustments here. Shift tuning not always an exact science, but I'm sure they can figure it out.

BUT - if you do have HPTuners, and don't want to wait, you'll likely have to buy credits to access the TCM, and will have to be connected to the interwebs while flashing. You could manipulate a lot of these settings yourself, buy increasing shift speed and RPMs. Shift speed, to my understanding, has more authority, but I would gradually do both, until you reach your desired amounts. Also - there are some overlap between the ECM and TCM, regarding shifting, so if you don't already understand or know about them, I'd do some research before getting too deep into the tooning.

JMO.
Thanks for all the messages and the ideas/incites. Is much appreciated. I received a new tune earlier this week and its greatly improved. I am like you, I get antsy and want results instantly. It shifts more aggressively in Pattern B, both upshifts and down shifts. I learned about the TUTD on this forum which is sweet, when in manual mode it will upshift for you at a certain speed (the computer is much better than we are). This put a huge smile on my face. Now I just need to put more miles on the build, log and continue to refine it.

I have the HP Tuners device so I can continue to make refinements so it will fit exactly what I am looking for.

Certainly on the right track now!
Katech Stage 5, Magnuson 2650R, Max effort CAM, Johnson 2110-K Spec Lifters, Trend 3/8-.080 Pushrods, 103mm Katech throttle body and Snout, Billet Valve Covers, Billet Oil Pump, 160 degee Thermostat, 2" ARH long tube headers, catless 3" to stock NPP muffler, Big Gulp, CNC Machined Heads/Head Chambers, Griptec Upper and a bunch of other goodies!

861 RWHP
723 RWTQ
2020ZL11LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:09 PM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
GREAT news!!! It can be beyond frustrating after making that investment and it comes back almost worse in some regards. That's great they are getting you squared away. That just happens sometimes with a big build like yours.

Congrats!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote