Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-06-2022, 09:07 AM   #15
4thCamaro

Drives: Chevy Camaro 18’ SS 1LE
I’ll also add that I went a year and raced a few times without it.
Old 04-26-2022, 04:47 PM   #16
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoGuy View Post
I have a 2020 2SS Camaro street driven ... But I have a Heavy Foot ,, After a little research I bought the Elite Engineering E2 single exit port for my Car ... They did very well in the tests I saw reducing oil vapour going back to the engine .... every little bit going back into the engine is not a good thing in my mind ...... Tell you one thing Elite Engineering was a great company to deal with Emailed them what i was interested in getting and they were informative and very good to me .... Got it today they sent me The Catch Can with a couple of lengths of hose 2 different mounting brackets for diffferent options of locations 6 pack of O Rings and a couple of Quick Hose Disconnects for easy removal in case you have to take it to the dealer .... Great quality product inside was Aluminum Baffle system something to easily maintain cant wait to install it .....

Thanks for the pictures Sorry I didn't see this sooner.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:07 PM   #17
Blade21

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS
I have one on my car. It’s completely your decision. If you want to add one, do it.
'16 Camaro 2SS| GT-30 Cam| Kooks 1 7/8 Headers| Borla X-Pipe Mid| Mishimoto Thermostat| Mishimoto Overflow tank| Mishimoto Oil Catch Can| Diode Side Markers| ZL1 Addons Lift Pads| GM Aluminum Pedals| ROTOFAB Intake - Sound Delete| SEMA grille
Blade21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #18
PhotoGuy

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS .. chevy silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyZ83 View Post
Post up how it turns out

Here is the Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can installed on my 2020 2SS ... Bolted it to the lower hole where the Sound Tube use to be ...... bottom of the Can just sits above the metal tube ..... Loosen the Bolt and swivel the can a little to unscrew the bottom part to drain .. easy to get to and didn't want it above the Exhaust Manifold.... They sent me 2 quick hose connects too.... Easy install
Attached Images

PhotoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 10:05 AM   #19
Elite Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoGuy View Post
Here is the Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can installed on my 2020 2SS ... Bolted it to the lower hole where the Sound Tube use to be ...... bottom of the Can just sits above the metal tube ..... Loosen the Bolt and swivel the can a little to unscrew the bottom part to drain .. easy to get to and didn't want it above the Exhaust Manifold.... They sent me 2 quick hose connects too.... Easy install

Cheers! Looks great, thanks for sharing!

Old 06-02-2022, 12:17 PM   #20
Cguti1981

Drives: 22’ 1SS 1LE
If the sound tube is not removed, would the can still fit in the same place?

Where else can the can be installed?

Thank you.
Cguti1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:16 AM   #21
Elite Engineering

This is probably the best video explaining all that these DI engines face compared to the old LS Port injection engines. We have been preaching all of this for years, but this Engineer has laid it out with diagrams and detailed explanations so you understand. I urge all to watch, and several times if you truly wish to learn more.

There is more to cover, but this covers a good deal, especially the raw fuel dilution issues and our Dual valve systems DO provide vacuum to the crankcase when accelerating and at WOT. And the average catch can only traps a small percentage. Our E2-X and E2 Catch Cans are available with optional Venturi Vacuum Generating Valve to operate as a true vacuum system and the patented design traps 90-95%, the most effective on the market.

If you retain the sound symposer tube (brings the whoosh sound of the intake to the firewall to hear in the cabin) you simply drill and add the Venturi Valve or fitting for the second outlet from can to the main intake air bridge:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...7/IMG_3264.JPG

Cheers!!!
Old 06-03-2022, 10:25 AM   #22
Elite Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cguti1981 View Post
If the sound tube is not removed, would the can still fit in the same place?

Where else can the can be installed?

Thank you.

We do have other bracket mounting options as well. We have also installed with our LFX bracket on the tower brace
Old 06-03-2022, 01:03 PM   #23
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
I say it is useful on the crankcase, dirty side.My experience is if I fill oil to full mark oil goes into intake until oil is almost half way between the marks.I looked at my intake on my lgx at 20 k and it was clean.I looked again at 30k and enough oil had got in intake to drain on air filter and dribble out weep hole.I changed the filter. 2 weeks later I took intake apart.Most of oil was gone and air filter was clean.I got intake cleaner and maf cleaner and cleaned up properly.My last oil change I filled up maybe a hair over full, it went into intake until about 1/3 way down from full.After that intake stayed clean. My focus st was same way. It had a damond dirty side can. It would not catch much unless I filled to top mark.I agree with elite about the lgx.It needs 93 to run it's best and cc is helpfull. I know the lgx is different in that it's dirty side vacuum is before throttle body. Elite do you have a link for lgx cc info.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:07 AM   #24
Elite Engineering

Just pick the Dual outlet. Comes with all you need.

https://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e2-x-catch-cans/

Any questions on the install let us know. Email Technical Support direct at: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

Or for sales assistance: Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com

And some good independent testing a channel is doing:

and

Cheers!!
Old 06-06-2022, 01:47 PM   #25
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I have the E2 (https://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/e2-catch-can/) on my car, and think it's doing well.

I installed it with about 1000-miles on the car. My oil "times-out" before I put the miles on it (OEM oil life monitor) monitor and have changed the oil about 2-3-times now (I'm at about 2600-miles now), and get about 1-2 tablespoons of residue that it catches per oil change. The use of the car is usually about 4-6 WOT runs per drive, so I'm hitting redline several times per drive. It's putting in some work.

A few months ago, I had the blower lid off, and there was little to no puddling, anywhere. You could probably get some VERY light residue with a paper towel, but I could run my finger, at almost any point, and just get a trace of oil on my finger.

Maybe others could grab more, but I know this one is working, and working well. I'm only running a little more than stock boost (just the factory Maggie pulley [15-16-psi]) under most conditions, so I didn't think I was in much danger of too much crankcase pressure, so I preferred to not vent to atmosphere. Maybe I'm asking for trouble with the timing cover seal, but I guess I'm waiting for that mess to happen, lol.

If you're worried about warranty - maybe you should leave it. I kinda' threw that out the window for my car, so it wasn't much of a question, in light of a cleaner top-end. This is my keeper, so I'm looking for what's going to keep my car healthier through it's life than anything. If you aren't keeping the car, then maybe it's not worth investing this kind of mod.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 07:53 AM   #26
mtdwye0

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Know this is old thread, but appreciate the pics and info. Just got 23 1LE and ordered Elite E2 CC. Wish I had ordered those GM quick connectors with it, as well as the brace to install somewhere other than on side of engine. Behind the fan looks like a much cooler area.

Want to make super sure I'm connecting the right hoses to right PCV 'nipple.' Looks like there are 2 PCV nipples, one on top and one on bottom basically. On the engine, does the top PCV nipple feed air INTO the CC (and thus go into the center of the CC)? And the bottom nipple feed air from the CC back to the engine (and thus attach to the other, off to the side connector on the E2 CC)? Or do I have it backwards?

Thanks, Matt
mtdwye0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 11:01 AM   #27
Elite Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdwye0 View Post
Know this is old thread, but appreciate the pics and info. Just got 23 1LE and ordered Elite E2 CC. Wish I had ordered those GM quick connectors with it, as well as the brace to install somewhere other than on side of engine. Behind the fan looks like a much cooler area.

Want to make super sure I'm connecting the right hoses to right PCV 'nipple.' Looks like there are 2 PCV nipples, one on top and one on bottom basically. On the engine, does the top PCV nipple feed air INTO the CC (and thus go into the center of the CC)? And the bottom nipple feed air from the CC back to the engine (and thus attach to the other, off to the side connector on the E2 CC)? Or do I have it backwards?

Thanks, Matt

Hello Matt, you are welcome to reach out to us directly at Sales@EliteEngineeringUSA.com and we can provide these quick connect fittings and bracket. We can also share some pictures of the installation.

Old 09-23-2023, 04:40 PM   #28
mtdwye0

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
Just installed my E2 CC on 23 SS 1LE using supplied driver's side bracket. The bottom of the CC actually rests on top and pushes down on a hollow, plastic, flimsy feeling tube that is attached to the inner side of the car. Concerned that if the CC becomes hot (likely since sitting right next to the driver's side header), that it will melt that plastic tube it is pushing down on.

Anyone else have this problem? Know this is a common place to locate a CC. My included bracket just does not provide any other option other than pushing down on this tube. Thinking that mounting on the front of the motor is a better location.

Thanks, Matt
Attached Images

mtdwye0 is offline   Reply With Quote