Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-20-2018, 05:44 PM   #1
Nitrousbird

Drives: 335i N54 6MT, GMT900 EXT
Price speculation - '16 2SS's this fall

I'm in the market to upgrade from my modded BMW 335i to a Camaro 2SS. I've been watching prices for a while, which all went up once the warm weather hit.

I'm trying to speculate what the prices will do once:
- '19 models with the refresh hit (love it or hate it, refreshes typically hit the pre-refresh body style value)
- Fall, people unloading their summer toys (I live in Ohio, common in the northern states)
- All of the early 16's will fall out of bumper to bumper warranty, as most I've seen don't from mileage

I want a 2SS 6MT with dual mode exhaust, sunroof and mag ride (you know, nearly fully loaded for what was available in '16). Local dealer has exactly that minus mag ride in a brand new '18 listing it at 38k.

My goal is to score a '16 for 25k (plus tax) in the fall, with the options I want. Out of my mind or possible? Assuming options I want, under 50k miles. I could do that with a 1SS today but that's not something I'd consider, which unfortunately rules out the '17 1LE cars, which I would spend a little more to get.
Nitrousbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
02fbody35th

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post
I'm in the market to upgrade from my modded BMW 335i to a Camaro 2SS. I've been watching prices for a while, which all went up once the warm weather hit.

- '19 models with the refresh hit (love it or hate it, refreshes typically hit the pre-refresh body style value)
- Fall, people unloading their summer toys (I live in Ohio, common in the northern states)
- All of the early 16's will fall out of bumper to bumper warranty, as most I've seen don't from mileage

I want a 2SS 6MT with dual mode exhaust, sunroof and mag ride (you know, nearly fully loaded for what was available in '16). Local dealer has exactly that minus mag ride in a brand new '18 listing it at 38k.

My goal is to score a '16 for 25k (plus tax) in the fall, with the options I want. Out of my mind or possible? Assuming options I want, under 50k miles. I could do that with a 1SS today but that's not something I'd consider, which unfortunately rules out the '17 1LE cars, which I would spend a little more to get.
I just traded my 16 2SS in for a 18 ZL1 and the dealership gave me 31k for it. Granted it only had 2700 miles on it. But if your looking for something higher mileage you should be able to get pretty close to what you want. The kicker is going to be finding something that has a higher miles and in your price range. If you were looking at 1SS I think you would have better luck getting something in your budget. Good luck either way. You won’t be disappointed
02fbody35th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:41 PM   #3
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousbird View Post

Out of your mind.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:50 AM   #4
jerryb1984

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss
I bought my 16 2SS without mag ride, no dual mode exhaust and no sunroof for 28 in February with 9500 miles. Still under warranty until September 2019. So it may be doable if you find it in the winter.
jerryb1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #5
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Doubt you find one for $25k unless it has a ton of miles. I'd say $29k-$30k is a more obtainable goal, but that's here in FL. Prices where you are may drop more in the fall than they do here.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #6
4door65guy

Drives: 2016 2SS MAG/NPP
i bought my 16 2ss with mag ride, dual mode exhaust and 6 speed and only 4k miles for 32k about 6 months ago.
4door65guy is offline   Reply With Quote