Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 07-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #1
ChrisCoffey

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic
How many drive cycles till check engine reset?

My wife recently was in an incident where the recap rubber flew off the 18 wheeler and she ran over it. She had nowhere to go from my understanding and the person driving kept going. It was just shortly after this the transmission quit working due to loss of fluid. I replaced the transmission cooler but the check engine light is on and I can only assume it's something due to loss of fluid.

I replaced the fluid lost with Amsoil fuel-efficient and it actually seems like it shifts smoother and less harsh on the 1st to 2nd than it did. I have drove it about a 50 miles or so and the light is still on. This brings me to my question about any cycle resets that might happen or should I just pull the battery cable to reset? Any help is appreciated and thanks for replies.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:05 PM   #2
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
It will depend on the code. It could be anywhere from 50-100 key cycles. Either get someone to clear the check engine light or pull the batter cable to reset the electronics.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #3
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Have code read could be transmission code..
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Hard set codes wont reset until the issue is repaired and the code cleared.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:19 PM   #5
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Most auto parts stores have a code reader that they will loan you free. I would check the code and then you can decide about resetting it. If something is really broken then it will just set the code again.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:51 PM   #6
ChrisCoffey

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierd Harold View Post
Have code read could be transmission code..
Thanks gang for the input but being that it's most likely a TCM type code would it be reset the same way as a previous poster mentioned about a hard code or any special way? I hope because i have a 16 model that it won't be much of an issue because of a locked TCM or if it mattered.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:50 AM   #7
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
The TCM encryption issue does not affect the SES codes that are stored. A code is a code, most places can access any of the ECM/TCM codes and reset them. The only ones places like Autozone and such cant reset are the ABS and Airbag system codes.

If you have a Bluetooth OBDII reader and the Torque app you can pull the codes yourself and reset them that was as well.

Also while some codes can be reset, some of them are set in the computer as a permanent code and as said earlier may take around 100 key cycles for them to go away once the issue is resolved.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:57 PM   #8
ChrisCoffey

Well thanks for input. I took and had the codes checked at my service advisor that i always deal with. Two of the codes were cynlinder deactivation high(P12EC) and low (P12E7)for exhaust afm on bank 1 and 1 was a fuel pump control module illumination(P069E). I thought those definitely were related to each other and checked the afm valve on the drivers side. Low and behold that rubber piece had unhooked the connector. Its running like a banshee again with no codes and fluid topped off. I would like to highlight again that if you had or have any shudder or hard 1st to 2nd shifts to check out amsoil fuel efficient signature series. I had my torque converter replaced and even with that i noticed my shifts going smooth not jerking.

Last edited by ChrisCoffey; 07-20-2018 at 07:09 PM.
ChrisCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote