Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-02-2023, 12:57 PM   #43
JT6Speed

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS M6
I gotta say, I have nothing against the Mopars besides how damn expensive they seem to be. I priced out a Black Challenger Widebody with the Shaker and a 6 speed and it came to well over 10 grand more than I paid for my Camaro, which is why I went the route I did.

They're more based on "muscle" whereas the Camaro drives circles around them in terms of handling. To me, that was more important. But they look mean, sound good, and I assume are a blast to drive.
JT6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 12:59 PM   #44
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT6Speed View Post
But they look mean, sound good, and I assume are a blast to drive.
They are definitely fun. I have been really close to getting a Scat Pack Widebody Charger for the wife.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 02:42 PM   #45
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The funny thing about this thread... My Euro buddies always say the same thing about the Camaro, Mustang and Challenger.

I can only imagine what their forum looks like...

This guy across the street with his...HOLD MY BEER!!
This is what I started thinking when going through this thread. I’m sure euro guys think the same thing about our cars, specifically the ones living under a rock. Little do they know that the last gen bmw’s cannot keep up with 6th gens in lap times when you compare equally priced euro cars to ours. Also I bring up last Gen bmw’s because they came out closer to 2016 than the current gens.

SS = last gen M4 while being way cheaper
SS 1le = m2 competition while being way cheaper

Current gen euro cars can finally beat the 6th gens I listed above but still can’t out run equally priced ZL1’s.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 07:02 PM   #46
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluinSC View Post
I call them Snack Packs
SSShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:07 PM   #47
Camby

Drives: 2023/2SS/1LE/RadiantRed/A10
All I can think of is “animal shit pack” when I hear “scat pack”
Old 06-02-2023, 08:28 PM   #48
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
I was talking to a random Challenger owner about his car and he told me the added weight helps keep it planted in corners. I didn't really know what to say so redirected the conversation to the exhaust.
Detroit used to refer to it as a GOOD thing- "road hugging weight" it was called. Made sense... gravity, heavy stuff, kept you on the road!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 09:08 AM   #49
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
Just tell him they are yellow pool noodles
Some of them came in pink too I recall.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 10:02 AM   #50
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Some of them came in pink too I recall.
See them locally all the time. Confirmed

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 12:27 PM   #51
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Detroit used to refer to it as a GOOD thing- "road hugging weight" it was called. Made sense... gravity, heavy stuff, kept you on the road!
It is true with more weight comes more friction at the tire contact patch, however, that extra weight adds to the lateral force pushing the car off the driving line which as we all know offsets the extra friction. Funny stuff though.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:29 AM   #52
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT6Speed View Post
I gotta say, I have nothing against the Mopars besides how damn expensive they seem to be. I priced out a Black Challenger Widebody with the Shaker and a 6 speed and it came to well over 10 grand more than I paid for my Camaro, which is why I went the route I did.

They're more based on "muscle" whereas the Camaro drives circles around them in terms of handling. To me, that was more important. But they look mean, sound good, and I assume are a blast to drive.
They used to be much cheaper. I got my first Snack Pack (although called Daytona 392) for 500 a month lease for 3 years, and they paid me money to get it back at the end lol. I got SP WB for around 55k, now the same looks to me over 60k. You used to get Hellcat for 65k

They drive alright... But you can feel "boatness" if you don't get widebody package (sway bar thickness of a rail). But then you get wide af tires with negative offset which makes them super unsettled on worse roads.

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 04:57 PM   #53
shogun37

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by funked1 View Post
They are definitely fun. I have been really close to getting a Scat Pack Widebody Charger for the wife.
Stock, even with the 3-way Bilsteins the handling and chassis composure is garbage. BMR links, chassis bracing, IRS bushing replacement/lockouts, Whiteline front rollbar, adjustable camber (-2.5 or more up front) and wider wheels (20x10.5et22) and decent rubber (305/30 GY Supercar3) and the big gal does a pretty decent job. No, it'll never threaten a Camaro 1LE and even a stock Ecoboost Mustang on its skinny-ass tires will give it fits. But the mods really help. I don't know that the WB buys you much anymore. For the money they should have fixed all the damn warts.

It looks mean as hell in the rearview though. If there ever was a visual representation of muscle, the Challenger is it. The Hellcat is back with the Tremec as of last week but I got a smashing good deal on the current '21 Snack NarrowBody (43K on 56 MSRP, 1yr old with 5000 miles) so I think I'll leave that be and instead pursue a '24 ZL1 if the colors don't suck. The Dodge option prices are nuts and my car has everything ticked and it still doesn't have powered passenger seat, absolutely no storage, no accomodation for cell phones, etc etc. The interior was designed by a certified moron. GM/Camaro takes licks about the hard plastic and small screen, but lordy the Camaro guy at least had functioning neurons.

I had a 2019 SS/1LE but let it go when the Carvana schmucks paid me over MSRP for a 2yr old car.
shogun37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:12 PM   #54
JT6Speed

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
They used to be much cheaper. I got my first Snack Pack (although called Daytona 392) for 500 a month lease for 3 years, and they paid me money to get it back at the end lol. I got SP WB for around 55k, now the same looks to me over 60k. You used to get Hellcat for 65k

They drive alright... But you can feel "boatness" if you don't get widebody package (sway bar thickness of a rail). But then you get wide af tires with negative offset which makes them super unsettled on worse roads.
Yeah and for me after coming from an S197 5.0, handling was probably the most important thing. I enjoy a really well balanced car and the manual is great on the twisty roads. I mean looks wise a Challenger shaker is pure bad ass though.
JT6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:29 PM   #55
Keko

Drives: 2023 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun37 View Post
Stock, even with the 3-way Bilsteins the handling and chassis composure is garbage. BMR links, chassis bracing, IRS bushing replacement/lockouts, Whiteline front rollbar, adjustable camber (-2.5 or more up front) and wider wheels (20x10.5et22) and decent rubber (305/30 GY Supercar3) and the big gal does a pretty decent job. No, it'll never threaten a Camaro 1LE and even a stock Ecoboost Mustang on its skinny-ass tires will give it fits. But the mods really help. I don't know that the WB buys you much anymore. For the money they should have fixed all the damn warts.

It looks mean as hell in the rearview though. If there ever was a visual representation of muscle, the Challenger is it. The Hellcat is back with the Tremec as of last week but I got a smashing good deal on the current '21 Snack NarrowBody (43K on 56 MSRP, 1yr old with 5000 miles) so I think I'll leave that be and instead pursue a '24 ZL1 if the colors don't suck. The Dodge option prices are nuts and my car has everything ticked and it still doesn't have powered passenger seat, absolutely no storage, no accomodation for cell phones, etc etc. The interior was designed by a certified moron. GM/Camaro takes licks about the hard plastic and small screen, but lordy the Camaro guy at least had functioning neurons.

I had a 2019 SS/1LE but let it go when the Carvana schmucks paid me over MSRP for a 2yr old car.

Just FYI the '24 Camaro colors are out.
Old 06-06-2023, 05:52 PM   #56
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briland_1LE View Post
A civic type R is as much a racecar as a 1LE is soooooo

For a few laps, ya. I've yet to see one complete a 20 min. session w/o overheating though.

I always ask why they left the session. They all tell me they got hot. Every time.

Question; Does Honda warrantee them if they blow up at the track? At Laguna I saw one oil the track. Had dealer plates on it still. Just a question. I know Chevy stands behind our Camaros.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote