#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-01-2023, 09:57 AM   #15
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
Damn right. ANY social media platform. ANY. I never understood why we need FB groups, when we have forums, but people around me just went for it like it's free beer.
I'm torn on this because I found the forums useful early on with this car, and sometimes I'll google something that will link me here, but once I got really deep into mods and racing, I started finding much more useful info in either Facebook or Instagram, and even more so in private group chats that spawn from there. There are just more people who really push the 6th gen platform there. This goes back to 2017, so it could be argued that if those platforms didn't exist those people would be here instead, but that's not how it played out unfortunately/fortunately.

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:00 AM   #16
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Atlanta View Post
One more because I find this whole thread so funny. I counted 12 posts in 2023 alone by OP. Of course most of them had 'subscribe to my YouTube' at the end of them with a link to the page, but not direct links to the videos. It is walking the line on the rule, but we have been trying to be reasonable and there was some ZL1 related content in the post itself. He has been in the group since 2022 and only 4 posts have been declined or deleted. Typically we remove people after the 3rd one, but he has been active outside of that, so that is taken into consideration. Some people blatantly violate rules with every post.
I have seen no issues with your moderation of that FB group and in fact, as I commented above, its better than its ever been. The rules are clear, they just weren't enforced well in the past.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 10:01 AM   #17
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I have seen no issues with your moderation of that FB group and in fact, as I commented above, its better than its ever been. The rules are clear, they just weren't enforced well in the past.
Thanks man. I would argue it is the best moderated group I'm a part of. In part because I get a notification on every single new post.

We rely on on members to report stuff inside the comments of course, and still reporting bad posts are helpful as well because there are delays on those notices sometimes.

Old 06-01-2023, 12:26 PM   #18
Katech_Mike

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Ok, one more. There is ZERO money coming from that FB group. Not a penny. That said, we have considered a "VIP program" targeted at shops who want to promote their products and services, but the goal would be to vet them ahead of time, so as a member, if you see them on there, you know we "endorse them" as a legitimate business.
PM me when you're ready for that VIP program.
Katech_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:28 PM   #19
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Were they links to external websites like Youtube? if so, that's why. That group doesn't allow videos promoting any personal social media sites that you may profit from.
Yes That's why I didn't complain or argue/fight about it and just PM'd everyone whom asked me for how to install the footwell lighting. Kind of a headache but it is what it is, lol
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:34 PM   #20
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katech_Mike View Post
PM me when you're ready for that VIP program.
Will do. It was left to me to decide, just been weighing the pros and cons.

Old 06-02-2023, 12:16 PM   #21
manders500

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
I am in these groups and mentioned in the ZL1 Exclusive to remove the post that only have a link to how loud their car is, and they basically told me to pound sand. I don't mind the link with an explanation and if it is decent info, I will subscribe.
manders500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 12:24 PM   #22
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by manders500 View Post
I am in these groups and mentioned in the ZL1 Exclusive to remove the post that only have a link to how loud their car is, and they basically told me to pound sand. I don't mind the link with an explanation and if it is decent info, I will subscribe.
We have allowed some where there was a nice detailed post with the video there to reinforce the message with sounds etc., but leaving too much open to interpretation makes rules ineffective and hard to enforce, so we are the point of no YouTube links. FB can support 100 MB files last I looked, so that should be plenty to reinforce a point if media is required to do so.

Old 06-02-2023, 01:07 PM   #23
BROCKgoFAST

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
One more because I find this whole thread so funny. I counted 12 posts in 2023 alone by OP. Of course most of them had 'subscribe to my YouTube' at the end of them with a link to the page, but not direct links to the videos. It is walking the line on the rule, but we have been trying to be reasonable and there was some ZL1 related content in the post itself. He has been in the group since 2022 and only 4 posts have been declined or deleted. Typically we remove people after the 3rd one, but he has been active outside of that, so that is taken into consideration. Some people blatantly violate rules with every post.
I get it and understand where you come from but just like another member said i get asked constantly on PM to do certain videos for the community that are not out there and should be able to post to the group through YT and not directly to FB. FB doesn't like a 10 min video on explanations on things. I don't post every video because the content isn't relative but if its relative to helping someone who is trying to install parts or an experience with a ZL1 it should be ok. Instead of PM'ing 50 people with the same link so they can find out what or how to do something.

And yes i have to sometimes post "subscribe to my channel" so that the members can go to the channel and see content that is for them or could help them out. For instance the vid you showed, from my knowledge is possibly the only video out there showing how to get the belt on the car. I would think that's helpful. I get it if its a YT video of putting neon lights under your car or a video of someone installing an air freshener, or thoughts on a 2024 Camaro.

I don't lose sleep over it and I understand you have to do what you have to do and why i actually don't post too much on the group because posting pics of "hey look i just washed my car and it's pretty," isn't that interesting.

It just seemed like when I first joined the group there was a ton of good posts and then all of a sudden it was the same stuff over and over again.
Just my thoughts
BROCKgoFAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 01:52 PM   #24
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROCKgoFAST View Post
I get it and understand where you come from but just like another member said i get asked constantly on PM to do certain videos for the community that are not out there and should be able to post to the group through YT and not directly to FB. FB doesn't like a 10 min video on explanations on things. I don't post every video because the content isn't relative but if it's relative to helping someone who is trying to install parts or an experience with a ZL1 it should be ok. Instead of PM'ing 50 people with the same link so they can find out what or how to do something.
If you just made a post with your findings using text and cut the video down to what is important, it wouldn't need to be 10 min long. My guess is most don't actually need a video at all. Like getting new wheels for your car...

Quote:
For instance the vid you showed, from my knowledge is possibly the only video out there showing how to get the belt on the car. I would think that's helpful.
It is not, a quick Google search of "how to change an lt4 supercharger belt" had it as one of the the first video results. Sorry, it wasn't yours, it was from 2021.

Quote:
It just seemed like when I first joined the group there was a ton of good posts and then all of a sudden it was the same stuff over and over again.
Just my thoughts
I don't understand what you are talking about here. I have seen at least 4 posts the last two days around maintaining temps, building a 2024 ZL1, painting under the hood, exhaust sizing, plus others... I posted on how to get RWHP from a Dragy slip a few days ago. Yes, there is some basic stuff, but I'd argue many of your videos are on basic stuff as well (see pic below from before the rules were enforced).

Quote:
I don't lose sleep over it and I understand you have to do what you have to do and why i actually don't post too much on the group because posting pics of hey look i just washed my car and it's pretty isn't that interesting.
Are you sure? You made this post making things up saying everything but pics and work from home scams gets taken down. 12 posts in 2023 are still up and only 4 have been declined or taken down in the last two years. At least two of those I know are YouTube videos.
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2023, 02:18 PM   #25
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
There's no amount of money you could pay me to moderate a FB group.
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 02:25 PM   #26
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
There's no amount of money you could pay me to moderate a FB group.
I’ve had to ask friend’s to remove or change posts, same for my shop, Vengeance, and don’t even post some stuff myself because it doesn’t fall into the rules. It only works if consistency is applied, which is hard at times for sure.

That is also why when someone wants to start lying about aspects of the group, I get somewhat defensive. It’s a volunteer job that no one took until the last year or so.

Old 06-02-2023, 02:36 PM   #27
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
... posting pics of "hey look i just washed my car and it's pretty," isn't that interesting.
This ^^^
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 02:42 PM   #28
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
This ^^^
The group referenced is very much a general 6th gen ZL1 group. If you go to the root of these forums there is a directory of specific topics. The only way to do that on FB is create a new group. As most know, I’m big into drag racing, so I wanted a place to go and separate that type of discussion and created this one. It is also the only maintained fast list for all 6th gens.
Attached Images