Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-11-2023, 10:06 PM   #1
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
LT2 intake, what else is recommended?

I just got an LT2 intake (unported). My plan was to run it with stock TB, but my shop told me I should retune. My mods are in my sig, I'm basically full bolt ons and E85 aside from this intake. I don't think ported LT2 is worth my investment and neither is any TB. However, my shop wants $450 to retune so now I'm asking myself what other mods would be worth it before I retune?
Old 05-16-2023, 03:06 PM   #2
Anslkyn

Drives: V8 Camaro LT1
Hi! If you're already rocking full bolt-ons, E85, and the stock throttle body, a retune could be worth it. But before you drop $450 on it, think about other mods that could sweeten the deal. Upgrading your exhaust, fuel injectors, or intercooler could crank up your performance even more It's your call, though.
Anslkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 02:16 AM   #3
TheSixSpeed

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1 6 speed
Maybe something small like spark plugs and/or spark plug wires?

Current mods: Kooks 1 7/8” long tube headers, DSX flex fuel kit, Dragonfire spark plug wires, Rotofab dry CAI, Hurst shifter, Weld wheels, tuned by Exodus Performance
TheSixSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 06:12 AM   #4
23VIVIDORANGE1LE

Drives: 2023 Camaro SS 1LE
Subscribing
23VIVIDORANGE1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 07:07 AM   #5
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
After the LT2 intake manifold and headers(I assume you got), the next step is heads and cam setup but after you slap that on you should be around 480-490rwhp. Check out my build thread below for all what I done but I’m still on a ported stock TB. Next stage for me is MSD/103tb if I want to burn a hole in my wallet

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 06:58 PM   #6
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSixSpeed View Post
Maybe something small like spark plugs and/or spark plug wires?
I got new plugs and wires when I had my headers installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
After the LT2 intake manifold and headers(I assume you got), the next step is heads and cam setup but after you slap that on you should be around 480-490rwhp. Check out my build thread below for all what I done but I’m still on a ported stock TB. Next stage for me is MSD/103tb if I want to burn a hole in my wallet
Yes I have ARH headers (I have their entire system headers to tips). Mods are in my sig.

I know heads and cam are the next big thing, but it's gonna be a while before I'm ready for that. Just trying to think of anything else. Is it worth porting this LT2 and going with like a LT5 TB? Seems most say it doesn't really gain much so just debating what else I can do before I install the LT2 intake and get a retune. Heads and cam will have to wait for next year.
Old 05-23-2023, 08:25 AM   #7
knighti2

Drives: 2SS M6 Hot Wheels #515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily1LE View Post
I got new plugs and wires when I had my headers installed.

I know heads and cam are the next big thing, but it's gonna be a while before I'm ready for that. Just trying to think of anything else. Is it worth porting this LT2 and going with like a LT5 TB? Seems most say it doesn't really gain much so just debating what else I can do before I install the LT2 intake and get a retune. Heads and cam will have to wait for next year.

From this current thread it seems that LT2 is worth it but porting not so much. Im running setup similar to yours Daily and debating the LT2 and cam.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616381

Stock intake (no porting) and stock NPP exhaust.
knighti2 is offline   Reply With Quote